paxmiles

Rate the Last PC/Console Game You Played

Games from PAX that I liked enough to actually buy once out.

Tales from CandleKeep: Tomb of Annihilation - Loving it, the turn by turn moves, having to make the right decisions. The maps are always random so you can go back and play the same level and get totally different tiles. Sometimes it feels like the level ends too soon, but being all random, you never know when you'll find your target or not. hehe

Pylon: Rogue - Kicking my butt, I have like 2 hours in and yet to pass the first level, ROFL

Burned through Ashes of the Singularity + Expansion. Massive scale RTS, basically a repeat of supreme commander. Campaign was super cheesy, awful narrative scripting, and a very un-compelling story.

Game seems rather unbalanced, there appears to be some game ending strategies that are just too hard to stop. Not a ton of micro in the game, it is really all in the macro economy.

Super high tech AI robots that cant drive (actually they all hover) up steep hills makes maps really kind of confusing until you learn the unit pathing the hard way. Two races, not much flavor setting the two apart.

No max population or upgrade caps, but upgrades/max pop caps come at the cost of resources with exponential jumps in cost/benefit.

4/10

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, Justjokin said:

I've been revisiting CivV and Civ:Beyond Earth.  Both make me miss Alpha Centauri.  I read some reviews of Civ:BE and it wasn't well reviewed, but I'm still having fun with it.  

Those are the games I miss the most from no longer playing games on the PC.

Finally getting to play Witcher 3.  My last computer was ok, but whenever one of the cut scene dialogs happened I was watching a badly dubbed Japanese monster movie...  So new computer I got rocks it so smooth.  Fun game so far and very engaging.  I know it has been out a while, but first for me.

New PC coming in parts, can't wait to put it together to be able to say I'm playing new games.

Currently playing:
Heroes of the Storm
Need to pick up Star Craft 2 back on just to finish it
Age of Empires 2 HD Edition (For the brother in laws that only invited me to join once)
Pylon Rogue - Played 2 hours, yet to beat the first level, ROFL

Tales from Candlekeep Tomb of Annihilation - Really enjoying this RPG