Ordo Blood Bowl League 2017 Persistent League Season One

savion47

As for cards, I am also not a big fan, but this season is a bit of an experiment with the new rules they are putting out. If they end up being way to powerful and deciding games, we can discuss getting rid of them. That is the same for a lot of the new stuff.

For inducements it's not any different than before but being forced to take them just because is a real game changer. Not a fan.

A randomly drawn event should not be > positioning & risk management. Cards are stupid. At least update it to where both coaches have to agree to use them instead of disagree.

As someone who is poor at both positioning and risk management, I agree. The cards should be fun and quirky, and not directly impact the actual game. I want to win, but I want to win on my merit, not because I received an advantage due to a lucky draw.

The fluff on them is fun & quirky. Some of the effects on them are way too much compared to others & definitely game changing. It's fine as an inducement as the idea behind that is to give a handicap to the lesser valued team. For two teams of equal value I'm not a fan as there's the possibility a card hands the game to one of them & it's too random. Might as well just have a roll-off & the higher number wins.

• Like 1

A randomly drawn event should not be > positioning & risk management. Cards are stupid. At least update it to where both coaches have to agree to use them instead of disagree.

its a throw back to 3rd ed, where cards were part of the game.  Im cool with it the way it is.  you may get some TD stoppers, they may get some.....randomizes it a bit.  Im cool with it..

I am not surprised you dont like it.  

• Like 1

its a throw back to 3rd ed, where cards were part of the game.  Im cool with it the way it is.  you may get some TD stoppers, they may get some.....randomizes it a bit.  Im cool with it..

I am not surprised you dont like it.  

I'm not sure why I would like "Oh, you're doing well but I have this card so now you lose". :unsure: They already made a game that's 70% chance, 30% skill. It's called Dungeonbowl.

If you think the cards are way too powerful in this edition, you should have seen some of the ones in 3rd. Anyone remember Bad Habits (-1 team reroll permanently) or Flu Bug (D3 randomly selected players are out for the entire game)?

PS I don't think cards should be allowed in tournaments, but I think they are perfectly appropriate for league play. 

If you think the cards are way too powerful in this edition, you should have seen some of the ones in 3rd. Anyone remember Bad Habits (-1 team reroll permanently) or Flu Bug (D3 randomly selected players are out for the entire game)?

PS I don't think cards should be allowed in tournaments, but I think they are perfectly appropriate for league play. 

Bad Habits is a normal inducement in both versions of the Focus/Cyanide games. It's not nearly as game-breaking as some of the other cards. To be clear: I'm not saying the cards should be removed. I'm saying that, outside of inducements, if one coach doesn't want to use them & the other does then they shouldn't be used. Same as illegal procedures. The current wording implies that they're mandatory unless both coaches opt to not use them.

This is aside from the implication that one of the two coaches is required to pony up another $80+ to purchase the new edition that comes with the cards. That's a completely separate situation.

Bad Habits is a normal inducement in both versions of the Focus/Cyanide games. It's not nearly as game-breaking as some of the other cards. To be clear: I'm not saying the cards should be removed. I'm saying that, outside of inducements, if one coach doesn't want to use them & the other does then they shouldn't be used. Same as illegal procedures. The current wording implies that they're mandatory unless both coaches opt to not use them.

This is aside from the implication that one of the two coaches is required to pony up another $80+ to purchase the new edition that comes with the cards. That's a completely separate situation.

They are part of the rules now, so opt out should only be if both agree.......

I'm already on the "include" side, but even if I wasn't, I think all of the new edition rules should be used for at least one season before deciding whether they should be included in future seasons. In 8 games, you will likely be saved by cards as often as hurt by them, just like the Kick-Off Table. 

So I will continue to whine that the other new rules, like MVP, should have been included along with the cards! 

• Like 1

Looks like we still have three round 1 games to complete (one being mine). Frosty and I will be getting our game in tomorrow at Game Night. Hoping to see some of you there!

Don't forget you are allowed to play Friendly matches! If you have any questions on how to schedule a Friendly on OrdoBowl.com please feel free to ask here of shoot me a PM.