Have Minis Need Cash, Simple Eh?

The Last Guardsmen

Selling off old miniatures that we've got no room for now. Lot includes:

NOW WITH PICTURES: http://imgur.com/a/ZN743

Note from the seller: All items are in good to fair condition unless otherwise noted. 

Bro's Stuff:

Chaos:

20$ 1-Rhino/Predator (Converted to be modular. Need to be redone.)

- Autocannon/Heavy Bolters

25$ 8-Plague Marines (Converted. Simple greenstuff guts and scabs. Very easy to improve or redo.)

40$ 15-Chaos Marines (Noting fancy & kinda hodgepodg)

- 2 Power Fists

- 2 Missile Launchers

Dreadnoughts

25$ - Dred #1 Lascannon/Missle (Arms not glued on.)

20$ - Dred #2 Autocannons X2(Converted), CC weapon, Multi-Melta, Plasmacannon(Converted). (Crude modular mounts.)

35$ 10-Slightly Chaos Terminators (Converted)

- 3 Combi Flamers

- 2 Combi Plasma

- 2 Combi Melta

- 1 Heavy Flamer

- 1 Auto/Assault Cannon

9999$/Free to first buyer.1-Dark Eldar Gimp/Standard Bearer/ Objective

35$ 15-Khornate Berserkers 

- 1 Plasma Pistol

15$ 5- Raptors (need a lot of work.)

25$ 5- Plague Bearers W/Standard(Metal)

15$ 3-Nurgling Swarms

Orks:

5$ each 3-Blackreach Warbosses

20$ 5-Nobs (almost new)

30$ 21-Boyz (a bit of green here and there)

Sub total: 320$ 

My Stuff:

Imperial:

Drednoughts

20$ - Dred #1 Lascannon/Missle (Arms not glued on. Slightly screwed up left leg)

20$ - Dred #2 No arms. (Unfinished modular refit. Lascannon/Missile Launcher arms form salvage bin added)

10$ 1 Landspeeder(2nd hand but salvageable. Includes some parts for refit)

8$ each 2 Apothecaries 

30$ 20 Marines w/Bolters(Mainly snap fits in need of a light stripping)

- 1 Flamer

- 1 Plasma Gun

- 2 Missile Launchers

25$ 5 Terminators with Gray Knight helmets & enough stuff to build ether an Standard or Assault Squad. (mostly fair condition.)

*New*

35$ 1 Sack O' Marine Stuff. At least 5 Marines and 5-7ish Assault Marines plus all sorts of random bits. Fresh from the Salvage Bin.

Sub total: 146$

Whole lot: 400$

EDIT: Going over the stuff my bro added to the lot I've found I needed to make some corrections.

EDIT: Revamped the whole list. Prices listed individually and revised but not set in stone.

EDIT: I'm getting there. Updated pictures are now available.

Edited by DasBox

Sorry to hear about your plight.  From my experience, this is always a tough time to sell minis, everyone is broke post holidays :(

It would help if you posted pics of your stuff too...that always gets extra interest.

I've also found that posting the same thread I post here, then post it on craigslist, you reach a completely different audience.  

Good luck.

I suggest individual prices since you've mentioned you don't have attachment to selling as a lot. As a general guideline, Marines with all their pieces are ~$4 each. Common vehicles are ~$10-20 used (common vehicles being ones that are both old and well circulated, like rhinos, Land Speeders or normal dreadnoughts). Don't have to stick with these prices, but the model value is usually around this, used and before shipping, most places. If paypal is involved, could reasonably increase to cover the fees. Mark up or down from there, but it's a good guideline. I often use this when evaluating deals on ebay.

For vehicles, mentioning if the weapons are glued in place, magnetized, or if they are removable, is a major selling point. If a vehicle has FW upgrades, you should mention that too (and probably increase the price to reflect the FW bits).

Oh, and then when posting how much you'll sell the lot for, add up the individual costs with a strikethrough, showing that your lot price is very discounted (which your's is). 

I would also suggest investing time into getting good pictures of your models. Seeing models in a pile does not spark my interest at all. To me, that translates to a lot of work to get the models to a standard I want to use. That in turn drives down the worth of your models. When I see a neatly organized group of models, that attaches a higher worth to them.

Sadly unless the weather changes I have nowhere with even passable lighting to take pictures or set up to do so. What are my options?

Get a bunch of sheets of white paper and make a clean, bright spot to lay the minis on. Grab lamps or other lights (including your flashlight on your phone) to make sure the area is well lit.

Then take your pictures. :)

Sadly unless the weather changes I have nowhere with even passable lighting to take pictures or set up to do so. What are my options?

Kitchens and Bathrooms usually have the best lighting in a house. You can also use the porch or concrete, during the day, provided it's undercover enough to not risk damaging your models. Doesn't need to be a sunny day, overcast works fine with white/bright grey concrete. Worst case, bring the models to your local hobby store and photograph them there. They'll at least have good lighting. 

35$ Land Raider (Missing & Presumed Unfinished) Honestly you're gambling on this one.

Don't lead with this one. Also unclear what I am gambling on: Doesn't say what is missing...unless you mean it's $35 to learn if you are actually are selling a land raider or not.

Keep the commentary minimal in your description, especially commentary that belittles your product. Use the pictures (need those still) and let your text supplement, but not replace, the description. You don't know what they want the model for, so pointing out how badly damaged or inadequate it is, doesn't really matter as long as they see the picture and understand that they are buying the pictured model.

For example, a picture of a badly painted and damaged chaos land raider with heavy converstions for the weapons could worded as:

CSM Land Raider (TL Lascannons and TL Heavy bolter, all plastic and green stuff, painted, weapons don't pivot).

You don't have to say it's badly damaged because it should be obvious. Lascannons and heavy bolter could be heavy conversions or lego attachments, but it doesn't matter as long as you ID what the model is supposed to be in the text. If you know the material under the paint, you should mention it (like plastic or metal, green stuff, or others). If the vehicle is modular, you need to add pictures of the modular components when attached and when seperate.

PS: $35 sounds crazy high when you describe the purchase as a gamble.

Okay, so one more step. Now you need to create an entirely new thread with this same information, but without all our comments and suggestions on it. And I'd select a title more along the lines of:

H: 40k (orks, CSM, loyalists) W:Cash

Then just pretend that you started knowing exactly what you were doing and go from there.