T9A OFCC 2017

Hey everyone,

I am late to introduce myself as your HoG for T9A this year. For those of you who have not attended an OFCC tournament yet, I can only describe it as the single best tournament you can ever find in the Pacific NW. Besides good games and fair opponents, the format of the tournament encourages outside the box play styles, top notch sportsmanship, sweet paint jobs, and plenty of screaming out loud.

As a quick summary, we will be using the most up to date rule set v1.3.4 with any and all FAQ documents that come up before the date of the tournament. As many of you know, T9A has locked the rules down, so rest assured there will not be any changes to your army book between now and the event. We will be playing 4500 points with all army book and main rule book restrictions / requirements.

The scenarios we will be playing however, are not standard. I pulled 5 scenarios from the home brew section of the T9A website to provide a bit more random flavor, and new ways of thinking about the game. The tournament packet for the event is almost ready to stamp as complete, but I would like to invite all of you to take a look at the scenarios and provide some feedback as to your impression.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnYzYy0ljpcwjosN2M6xhigK6wtXYaLGQ9CGUu0YBg4/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any suggestions or concerns about the scenarios, lets have a conversation in this thread. Think about them from many perspectives, such as are the scenarios too complicated, are they too broad, do they slow the game down too much, are they easy to forget, are they biased to particular armies, can they be abused, ect.

Cheers!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lion of Flanders said:

Hey All!

Looks like a weekend that I could make!  I've yet to play 9th age and I havent played at all since last OFCC and GW blowing the world up, but I like the idea of community based rules system and I'd love to play some Warhammer again. Do I need a team to attend the event....or do I just sign up?

please advise....

We require teams of at least 25 people in order to attend.

Failing that, I suppose you could come alone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

OK, I'm in and booked my room as well.  I'll be showing up Friday night...so I'll be looking for someone to play a game with Friday      as that will likely be my first game of 9th age. 

See y'all in July!

I am not sure when I'll be there Friday, and I had hoped to do a game before then.,. but likely I'll be in the same boat.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this and seeing all you guys in the same place again.

Hey Ben, since you are not playing in the tourny and we did not get to play at the last one in Vancouver, im calling you out for a grudge match on Friday night. I will be driving down with a bunch of friends Friday morning/afternoon and should get there sometime in the afternoon if traffic permitting. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

Hey All:  I decided that playing in the OFCC should provide the excuse to paint something....so I plan to play orcs who will be unofficially "led" (to plunder taverns, mostly) by big ol' Grugnold the giant....here he is just underway...

IMG_0347.JPG

Looks amazing! I really need to get started on the two Tusker Cav I have to paint up for OFCC, but between work and the new baby I'm finding hobby time hard to come by...