Hey Joey

Wow awesome finds Yarb! Ghost Brigade has all the feels in it. I love songs that are both melancholic and hopeful at the same time. You can tell they are Scandinavian because he says "salwation" instead of salvation. And Ghost Ship Octavius is a punch from the fist of the gods clad in brass knuckles of unwavering awesomeness delivered directly to the scrote.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I decided to do some lazy internet research.  So we've got Ladybaby, posted above, who are universally agreed to be cashing in on the success of the band that seems to have started it all, Babymetal:

And then there's Fruitpochette, who apparently get accused of riding Babymetal's coattails but actually formed before Babymetal broke big:

Fruitpochette is somehow related to Hime Kyun Fruit Can (wtf is up with that name?):

But that's barely metal, and I checked out a few of the other songs and this sing seems to be their most metal song.

Okay, and then there is Death Rabbits, which is apparently three ten year old Idol singers and...a...Nazi Stormtrooper of Death?  I don't know what the f*ck is going on here but it's hilarious:

That stormtrooper dude is in all of their videos, so he's like an actual member of the band.  Again, hilarious.  Never stop being you, Japan.

Then we have Band-Maid, which is definitely someone's fetish:

Bit more hard rock than heavy metal though.  If you go down that rabbit hole, you'll find a lot of bands like Destrose:

But at that point you're really getting away from J-Pop as an influence.  I mean that's basically just four Japanese chicks shredding.

At any rate, I suspect we'll see more bands like Babymetal in the future.  Pretty much every article I read 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love that JAM Project is a bunch of musicians who individually all wrote award-winning songs for anime shows only to join together into a supergroup that writes theme songs for anime shows. I wish we had the same thing in the U.S. I'd love to see the folks who wrote the theme music for Night Court join forces with the Seinfeld folks for a funk-bass slamdown.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.