Hey Joey

1 minute ago, nathonicus said:

YES.  There are albums where I just sit in stunned silence for a moment after it has ended!

After I listened to that Jinjer song, I rocked forward slightly as if some force was no longer assailing me, and I could feel the silence....

metal as [big bad swear word]?

• Like 3

Jinjer grew some balls. That song had real power and substance. I heard a few of their songs before and thought they were rather boring and formulaic breakdown laden chug fests. Though I did hear potential. That song blew my junk out my ass though.

Khemmis thouroghly rocked my balls. I need that album now. 

That black metal has potential. I need to give it more of a listen. I've been wanting to listen to more grim frostbitten northern riffs lately.

Brojob is hilarious.

• Like 2

Speaking of grimness here are some tasty offerings from old grandpappy Satan.

Marduk really makes me want to play my Flames of War Germans. Watain captures the early/mid 90s metal vibe and smacks you in the face with it. Carach Angren as always brings the moody brutality with tragic lyrics.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wulvennest is some rad psychedelic doom I just discovered. Very spacey but bleak at the same time

Oldd Wvrms is atmospheric doomy sludge metal that's been marinating overnight in black metal.

Boss Keloid is some good stonery stuff with some super sexy grooves

I've posted Carach Angren a few times but this is some new stuff and is delightful as always.

Alestorm is another regular in this thread but this is also new and one of the most singable songs in history. NSFW

Unexpect and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum both kinda sound like Martians that run creepy carnivals in the wilderness. The twist is that the Martians are also ghosts that are insane.

Igorrr is just pure madness

Sinistro is kinda doomy sorta but their music jumps all over the place

And for something not metal or strange we have Ye Banished Privateers. Basically a bunch of pirates that sing folk and sea shanties.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.