Sic Semper Tyrannis!

Munkie

So the Holidays were really busy for me (and I suspect the lot of you as well). That said, I should've got the ball rolling on the first quarterly meeting sooner. If we don't have a meeting, you can't vote for new leadership positions. And if you can't vote, I'm stuck as Alpha Hamster forever! And nobody wants that. So rather than exploit this obvious loophole in our political structure, let's have a meeting!

To give people time to prepare, and possibly embark on cut-throat political campaigns, I suggest the last Tuesday of the month which is the 28th. If folks would rather do it sooner, feel free to offer alternatives.

For those of you who haven't been a part of the Warhamsters for long enough (or those that haven't been paying enough attention), you may have a few questions about the whole process. It goes like this:

There are 4 leadership positions we'll be voting on:

-President (currently me): This person is there to assist the other officers in their roles, and call meetings--better late than never...

-Treasurer (currently Kacy): This person is mainly in charge of the finances.

-Ambassador (currently Loren): This person is mainly in charge of keeping in contact with other clubs for cross-promotion etc.

-Hamsterizer (currently Joey): This person is mainly in charge of bringing in new faces and keeping them interested.

If you're interested in any of these positions, I can give you more specific details, and I'd strongly recommend you talk to the current officer if you've got any further curiosities.

Feel free to use this thread (or start your own) to announce your candidacy. Otherwise, you can spring it on us at the meeting! We'll ask if there are any last minute candidates, all candidates MUST say their piece as to why they want the job, we'll ask any clarifying questions/slander/hurl cabbages, then we'll all vote.

• Like 1

Just for reference:

Ambassador Mission Statement:
To increase Club awareness and attendance of gaming events and promote healthy, respectful and fierce competitive play within the rules and intent of event and gaming system.

1)  Keep the Club informed of Tournaments and events for all games:

a) In the local area

b) Not so local area

c) Nationally

2) Organize Club members interested in events

a) Transportation, if possible

b) Lodging, if possible

3) Contact Event organizers and inform them of clubs intent for attendance

4) Contact other gaming clubs and promote local events/tournaments with the intent of pulling strong competitors to compete against.

5) Prepare the Club to attend events

a) Event Preparation

b) Event Tips

c) Working with Club volunteer Tournament Organizers to have local events reflect the rules of an event Club members intend to participate in.

ex: Using Bay Area Open rules for local tournaments to help Club member get ready to attend the Bay Area Open Event.

Hello there,

I would like to help in a logistical / support role if you need someone to help.

I'm handy with power tools, have some community contacts, love the hobby, can fight/use weapon systems...

I know my schedule prohibits me from being around a ton, but they don't call them "behind the scenes helpers" for nothing!

Oh, and I have a really big pole barn for fun stuff / storage.

Stay safe,

don

Just tossing out a general "I hope folks step up and get involved" for the leadership positions. Of course, I'm happy to step up and help out any way that's needed, but since I've done a lot of stuff before, I think the long-term health of the club is better served by others stepping up.

Kevin, you still owe us a second term as Pres before you go all FDR on us, right?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.