2014 Monthly Events Dark Tower Games B'ham WA

VonVilkee

Right now I blatantly Steal what Frontline is doing. No escalation, no stronghold assault, data slates will be okay (I'm thinking no more than two codexes in one army be it via allies or slates) at 1250 I don't see it being a problem and keep in mind that this is to get out and play and on the participation piece I have reserved the right to revoke tickets this could be linked to making abusive lists.

My recommended check is would I be willing to trade my opponent armies and play against this myself, if the answer is no figure out why and fix it! We are all slightly different I want people to just come out join the community and play. :)

Also FW is totally okay.

No 2k games? That makes me sad... I like 2 FOCs lol.

I may drive the 2.5 hours up to a few of these events. I have yet to see the new Dark Tower location!

2k games are not quite fast enough sadly, not everyone ignores whole swathes of the current rules like I do!

I play drop pods no flyers, no fortifications, and no psykers makes for a decently quick game!

• Like 1

2k games are not quite fast enough sadly, not everyone ignores whole swathes of the current rules like I do!

I play drop pods no flyers, no fortifications, and no psykers makes for a decently quick game!

Oh I am very familiar with your Drop Pod army and how quickly it plays. I would drive up to the Ham just for another game against it!

So I assume Stronghold Assault and Escalation are allowed for these events then?

Right now I blatantly Steal what Frontline is doing. No escalation, no stronghold assault, data slates will be okay (I'm thinking no more than two codexes in one army be it via allies or slates) at 1250 I don't see it being a problem and keep in mind that this is to get out and play and on the participation piece I have reserved the right to revoke tickets this could be linked to making abusive lists.

My recommended check is would I be willing to trade my opponent armies and play against this myself, if the answer is no figure out why and fix it! We are all slightly different I want people to just come out join the community and play. :)

Also FW is totally okay.

Emphasis is mine.  

Romans and I are driving up for the the Feb 15 tourny from Tacoma if you are in the area.

No 2k games? That makes me sad... I like 2 FOCs lol.

I may drive the 2.5 hours up to a few of these events. I have yet to see the new Dark Tower location!

Google map it.  It has panning pictures inside.  Pretty sweet.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=Dark+Tower+Games&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Dark+tower+games&cid=16415812909669752625&ei=TeT7UtfvFMi1qwHFk4DwDA&ved=0CJQBEPwSMAs

• Like 1

I'm toying with for later in the year. Might emphasis Might do a two game day with escalation rules at 2000 I'd need pretty heavy interest as those rules sets are specific.

Not sure about Escalation, but I highly recommend Stronghold Assault, even if only for the updated Building Rules. They make more sense and work more smoothly than the BRB version. Honestly, it's a pretty reasonable book overall, except for the D Forts and some issues with Void Shields.

Thank you so much for posting the dates ahead of time, along with the point values.

I realize that seeing me game is akin to seeing a leprechaun riding a unicorn over a rainbow bridge leading from the Shire to Narnia in order to meet Han Solo and Chewbacca for some zany adventures in the World of Greyhawk, but this helps planning immensely.

Appreciate it!

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

AmI reading this right? 2 flying hive tyrants are -7 points straight up? Ouch.

They are pretty mean right now... Big thing to remember is that this is about trying to take the nukes outta the game you still have some play room there and I'm not being strict on it I think overall this is gonna be helpful. If everybody is around the same point The exact Math doesn't matter...

Haven't done the Math myself on the nids but that would leave room for one more fmc if no other points were hit, or a few less severe options which is about right, not perfect but about right :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Hoping to make it to the 1850 on April 19th, also to bring another player or maybe two from the San Juans for the day. I'm wondering what you are going to do about the new Guard codex -? Will both codex be playable, just the new, just the old, etc.? Timing on the tourney is cutting it close to release date.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Hoping to make it to the 1850 on April 19th, also to bring another player or maybe two from the San Juans for the day. I'm wondering what you are going to do about the new Guard codex -? Will both codex be playable, just the new, just the old, etc.? Timing on the tourney is cutting it close to release date.

Thanks

I'll go with allowing both, but as there is a time frame I'd strongly recommend old for speed of play.

• Like 1

AmI reading this right? 2 flying hive tyrants are -7 points straight up? Ouch.

4 points.

2 for 2 tyrants. 8 wounds = 1. C-1 means 1 point since you have one beyond the first.

The first tyrant would be 1 for being a Tyrant. Since the other costs are cumulative, he's only 1 point. C-1 means the first doesn't cost, but after the first you add a point (cumulatively).

The second tyrant brings you over 4 wounds, +1 for being a FMC, +1 for the cumulative cost.

Adding a Harpy/Crone would add +1 for 5 wounds (the total now being 13), and +2 as it's the third FMC. So then you'd be at your 7 points.