Mycetic Spore is Back!

fluger

Yes! And it looks frickin' cool, too. Someone on TTH was talking about the kit making three different things, so hopefully a couple of them are good. The pod version seems kind of expensive compared to a Drop Pod, but on the other hand, it can move around and it has more firepower, and dropping 20 Devilgaunts in safely is pretty awesome, so I dunno.

• Like 1

For those who can't see the rules:

75 points

Transport Capacity 20, MCs count as 20
Can not Run or Charge, although it can fight in CC
WS/BS2, S/T5, W6, A3, Ld 8
Can not mishap on terrain or enemy units (same as Drop Pod)
Instictive Fire, but no description of that.

5 Deathspitters that can be swapped for 5 Venom Cannons or 5 Barbed Strangers for 25 points

For those who can't see the rules:

75 points

Transport Capacity 20, MCs count as 20

Can not Run or Charge, although it can fight in CC

WS/BS2, S/T5, W6, A3, Ld 8

Can not mishap on terrain or enemy units (same as Drop Pod)

Instictive Fire, but no description of that.

5 Deathspitters that can be swapped for 5 Venom Cannons or 5 Barbed Strangers for 25 points

Wow that is just a stupid amount of firepower for a drop pod. 6 wounds? wow that is durable. 

I don't see that thing on a stand, just on its little spindly tentacles. Makes me wonder if anyone at GW actually carries armies around.

The same criticism was levelled at the new fantasy big guy (ummm the undead dude). Personally, I think custom foam or even custom solutions work fine for these. I don't see it as that big of an exchange when the model looks that cool.

So, for 364 pts (pretty pricey, but hear me out) on can drop 6 Tyranid Warriors with Adrenal Glands, Rending Claws, and Flesh Hooks into the enemy's face and have a drop pod gun ship thingy kicking out 5 venom cannon shots...  

For 240 pts you can drop in 20 hormagaunts with adrenal glands with this thing!  

So, for 844 pts, you can drop in a whole lot of fast moving killy stuff on your opponent.  

Combine with some lictors or some junk to put table pressure on them, it could be really sexy.  

Might actually make genestealers more likely to be taken as their infiltrating might be worthwhile if they know there's going to be some turn 2 threats as well.  

Hmmmmm

Oh smeg...  I just realized that a Tyrannocyte is a Monstrous Creature.

You can transport a MC inside a Tyrannocyte...  holding a Tyrannocyte... ad infinitum.

Holy Russian Tesseract Nesting Dolls, Batman!

That is hilarious.  Just spend 1800 pts on venom-cannon Tyrannocytes and then just drop them all off in one deployment...  

Rules for Sporecyst:

Instictive Fire: Each weapon on this model automatically fires at the nearest enemy unit within range and line of sight. the shots are resolved at the end of the shooting phase before morale checks are taken.
Each weapon can fire at a different target unit, but they cannot be fired in any other way or at any other (unit?)

Immobile Pod: A model with this special rule cannot move. It can never go to ground (voluntarily or otherwise) and cannot consolidate or make a sweeping advance.

Psychic Resonator: Any friendly Synapse creature within 6" of this model adds 6" to its synapse range.

Spore Node: A model with this special rule can produce a spore mine cluster (see codex nids) with three spore mines in the shooting phase, in addition to any attacks it makes. Place the spore mines wholly within 6" of the model, in unit coherency and not in impassible terrain or within 1" of an enemy model. After they are placed, the spore mines are treated as a seperate unit for the rest of the battle.

Once per battle, a Sporecyst can produce a single Mucolid Spore instead of a spore mine cluster. This is placed in the same way as a spore mine cluster.

OPTIONS:
May replace all 5 deathspiiter with one of the following:
5 barbed stranglers 25pts
5 venom cannons 25pts