March 21 - Ordo Annihilation

AgentP

Mark your calendars, Ordo Fanaticus will be hosting The Annihilation, a three-round 1850pt 40k Highlander tournament on Saturday, March 21, 2015.  Spots will be limited, with first dibs going towards participants in Ordo's 40k escalation league.

Schedule:

WOW opens: 9:00 am

Round one: 10-12:30
Round two: 1:00-3:30
Round three: 3:30-6:00

Prizes and out by 7:00.

Reminder, this is a potluck, everyone MUST bring food. There is no time to go get lunch, so it is critical everyone brings food.

Scenarios

The scenarios will be Maelstrom missions with some unique extras (bring your objective cards if you have them).

Army Composition

The #1 rule in Highlander is....there can be only one! No unit may be taken twice, so no multiple riptides, no flying tyrant spam, etc.  This includes unit transports, so a max of one wave serpent, one rhino, etc.  The only exception to the rule of one is that troops may be duplicated once you have chosen one of every troop type available.  

The rule of one spans your entire army, it is not just confined to CADs or formations.  

The remainder of the army composition is pretty wide open.  You can have multiple CAD, allies, formations, etc.  It's all legal.  But of course, if a formation requires that you have multiple of a unit, that formation would not be permitted.  

Lords of War are allowed.  But the Impending Doom (+1 to Seize the Initiative for a player facing a LoW who does not have one), and scenario specific bonuses may be in play.

Fortifications and fortification networks are allowed, but the rule of one applies to them, so no spamming.

Painting

3 color minimum and basing strongly, STRONGLY, encouraged.  Painting will be judged and contribute to best overall.  Unpainted armies will not be eligible for prize support.

Sportsmanship

This is an Ordo event.  This is a fun, simple, no-stress event designed around Maelstrom missions.  Leave your competitive side at home for a day and approach this as having fun for a few hours.  Sportsmanship will be scored and factor into best overall.

Food

Everyone attending is expected to bring some snacks to share.  Chips, soda, pizza, homemade foods, whatever.  Think of this as a gaming potluck.  *Note, alcohol is not allowed*

Cost

The cost to play in this tournament will be $20.00.  All funds go to support Ordo.

Prizes

YES!  I expect to have several hundred dollars in prize support.  In addition, the winner gets a FREE TICKET to the 2015 OFCC.

List of Players

1. Joel

2. Burk

3. Khan

4. Nathanvoodoo

5. Mooney

6. Pax

7. Torg

8. Captain A

9. Rcnjack

10. evil_bryan

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm going to miss out. Wife has her first derby match this night. I have to help her ref. not complaining derby is a blast. Anyone wants go its in Beaverton, tickets $10 through me or $14 @ door.

Schedule:

WOW opens: 9:00 am

Round one: 10-12:30

Round two: 1:00-3:30

Round three: 3:30-6:00

Prizes and out by 7:00.

Reminder, this is a potluck, everyone MUST bring food. There is no time to go get lunch, so it is critical everyone brings food.

Rule of one is in reference to identical FoC slots, or units?

Does the "combat squad"  split make the unit count as two duplicate units?

How do dedicated transports play into this?

Lords of War are allowed.  But the Impending Doom (+1 to Seize the Initiative for a player facing a LoW who does not have one), and scenario specific bonuses may be in play.

This is only models specifically dubbed Lord of War, Imperial knights are still exempt?

EDIT: In any case, I intend to be there with 1850pts of Minotaurs

It applies to units.  So a unit in multiple FOC doesn't create an exception to the rule of one.

A 10 man Tac Squad is one unit, when it splits into 2 combat squads that does not change.  So that's fine

Transports are addressed in the original post.

Imperial knights are not LoW.

Oh, one last question:

FW chapter tactics for my chapter include this *brilliantly* worded line:

Unrelenting Assault: Models with Chapter Tactics (Minotaurs)
do not suffer Panic tests from shooting attacks and may re-roll
failed Pinning tests.

Are we assuming "Panic Tests" are morale tests, or is that portion of the rule functionally omitted as it doesn't reference actual rules?

Again, doesn't matter much to me either way, I just like the rules straight in my head.

Oh, one last question:

FW chapter tactics for my chapter include this *brilliantly* worded line:

Are we assuming "Panic Tests" are morale tests, or is that portion of the rule functionally omitted as it doesn't reference actual rules?

Again, doesn't matter much to me either way, I just like the rules straight in my head.

Looked it up. No answer in the ITC.