2 Rokkit Buggies: 50

Deffdredd: 80

3 Lobbas: 54

13 Lootas: 182

1999 pts

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So I've played Maelstrom every time.  Played against Crono's Eldar twice and Pumpkinhead's Nids once.  

There hasn't been a single unit that has wildly disappointed.  One major thing though is that I think with the change to the 7th ed codex is that shoota boyz are just not worth the points.  I find that I'm almost always going for assault instead of shooting, so the 42 pts I spend on shootas and rokkits just aren't really worth it.  Unfortunately, they are what I have painted and the thought of repainting 60 boyz just makes me twitch.  

That being said, the OPTIONS the unit gives me are pretty nice.  Being able to just sit back on mid-board objectives and kick out some shooting is at least useful.  And it's not like they are just stinking up the joint, I just think that slugga boyz are a better value.   

So I've played Maelstrom every time.  Played against Crono's Eldar twice and Pumpkinhead's Nids once.  

There hasn't been a single unit that has wildly disappointed.  One major thing though is that I think with the change to the 7th ed codex is that shoota boyz are just not worth the points.  I find that I'm almost always going for assault instead of shooting, so the 42 pts I spend on shootas and rokkits just aren't really worth it.  Unfortunately, they are what I have painted and the thought of repainting 60 boyz just makes me twitch.  

That being said, the OPTIONS the unit gives me are pretty nice.  Being able to just sit back on mid-board objectives and kick out some shooting is at least useful.  And it's not like they are just stinking up the joint, I just think that slugga boyz are a better value.

I agree.  So far running them in an opentopped battlewagon with 4 bigshootas is pretty funny though.

• Like 1

No more excuses.  i wanna play against those orks!

I can do most weeknights pretty easily.  If we start at 8, the kids are asleep and I'm not distracted, and I can set up my orks before hand so we can jump right in.  That being said, it's usually asking to play until midnight.  Weekends are good if we do the afternoon (like 1PM start) as Phoebe is napping and the human boyz can be herded by Olivia to the park or some such.  

This weekend Olivia is going to a church women's retreat, and you have a tournament on Saturday IIRC, so not this weekend for us, but perhaps the one after?  

• 2 months later...

Going to the 1850 tournament at Game Matrix on the 9th and had to trim this to make it work.  The 140 pt Kommandos are a simple place to cut points.

Grukk Face-Rippa:  130

30 Boyz: 262
Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob, Power Klaw,
Boss Pole

30 Boyz: 262
Shootas, 3 Rokkit Launchas, Nob, Power Klaw,
Boss Pole

29 Boyz: 214
Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole

10 Gretchin and 1 Runtherd: 35

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

3 MegaArmor Nobz: 125 + 35
Boss Pole
Trukk: Reinforced Ram

20 Stormboyz: 220
nob, power klaw, bosspole

Deffdredd: 80

3 Lobbas: 57

1 ammo runt

12 Lootas: 168

1848 pts

• Like 1

I hold little hope of doing well, but it'll be nice to put the Orks through their paces.  

As well, it's motivating me to get the last bits up to 3 color minimum so I can play.  Maybe I'll get motivated enough to get the whole [big bad swear word]ing thing done in time for OFCC.