Mordheim: City of (the damned) Roses - August 2015

ninefinger

Ordo Fanaticus will be hosting our own campaign in the City of (the damned) Roses

Every Sunday, through the month of August, game nights at WOW, we will be scratching the itch for some seriously old school rules, and shaking the dust off Mordheim.

Mordheim is a skirmish variant of Warhammer Fantasy that was originally published in 1999.  Bands of 5-20 warriors search through a ruined city and beyond for unimaginable riches, and sometimes find unimaginable horrors. Full of strange happenings, lasting injuries and heroic achievements, Mordheim has held the imagination of gamers for more than 15 years, and is still fantastically fun to play.

Can you survive the City of (the damned) Roses?

Bring a warband and test your mettle!

Don’t have a warband? I’ll have several available to borrow!

Don’t know what Mordheim is?  Pursue the rules or just show up and we’ll get you started.

Mordheim COTDR Rulebook.pdf

Mordheim COTDR Warbands.pdf

Mordheim COTDR Campaign.pdf
Mordheim COTDR GM Guidebook.pdf

Roster Sheet Link

I’ve built a custom version of the Mordheim rules, blending most of the official rules as well as some highly crafted fan-built variants.  

See the spoiler for details

Changelog:

Rules PDF

-Changes to Climbing Rules to allow for greater mobility

-Armour save modifiers have been reduced in effectiveness

-Parry has been changed to a straight 6+ ward save after to hit rolls

-Items listings have been updated with EoF and BtB items

-Lesser Artefacts table and Chaos Artefacts from BtB have been added

-Magic has been updated for all available warbands

-Rules for Mounted Warriors and Vehicles, as well as profiles have been added

-Fire rules from BtB are added

-Several other advanced rules from BtB have been added for your consideration

of note - Possessed, Beastmen and Carnival of Chaos may take the Marks available to Marauder warbands

Warbands PDF

-cost for armour at start up has been reduced

Campaign PDF

-Objectives from BtB for campaign point tracking have been included

-Serious Injuries Chart selection 65 is updated with the Get in the Ring result from BtB

-Several Skills have been added from BtB

-The Exploration chart from BtB is being used as the default.  Other Charts may be used week to week

-An updated Price Chart for Trading from BtB has been included

-Hired swords from the orginal rulebook, EoF and BtB have been included

-Dramatis Personae have been removed from normal play.

-An updated Roster sheet has been included

-Some player aid cheat sheets have been attached

Warbands Listings:

-Reiklander, Middenheimer and Mairenburer Mercenaries

-Cult of the Possessed

-Witch Hunters

-Sisters of Sigmar

-The Undead

-Skaven

-Dwarf Treasure Hunters

-Orc and Goblins

-Carnival of Chaos

-Beastmen Raiders

-Battle Monks of Catan

-Norse Explorers

-Merchant Caravans

-Mauraders of Chaos

-Maneaters (Ogres)

-The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarf Slavers)

-The Restless Dead

Want to play a warband not on this list?  Probably an option.  PM me with a link and we'll sort it out!

Normal game night fees apply, but no additional cost is required.  

Special Thanks to the crew over at http://bordertownburning.ciantygames.com/ and http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/

for much of the content and rules changes I've included

• Like 3

Can I just make a warband out of the original book or has everything changed in the update?

The only changes to any warband setup is that Light Armour has been reduced to 10 gc and Heavy Armour has been reduced to 25 gc.

All hero and henchmen selections have been totally unchanged.

• Like 2

Ha! was just working on that.

I'm a big fan of these as well, and they have the tracking for Campaign Points that we'll be using

http://bordertownburning.ciantygames.com/pdf/btb_editable_roster.pdf

I'll have a pile of these printed off at Game Night, as well

Edit: A second option from the guys at Liber Malefic

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9489887/Roster%20Sheet%202014%20Fillable%20MiM%20blank.pdf

Ha! was just working on that.

I'm a big fan of these as well, and they have the tracking for Campaign Points that we'll be using

http://bordertownburning.ciantygames.com/pdf/btb_editable_roster.pdf

I'll have a pile of these printed off at Game Night, as well

Edit: A second option from the guys at Liber Malefic

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9489887/Roster%20Sheet%202014%20Fillable%20MiM%20blank.pdf

These sheets are the best, IMO. It's really easy to forget racial maximums when leveling up characters, having them right on the sheet helps a ton. Same thing with being able to tick off henchmen advancements.

• Like 1

P.S.....

Mordheim seems to be having a bit of recent upswing in Portland, and there's a very steady group of players up in Vancouver...

Wouldn't it be fun to have a "North Mordheim" vs. "South Mordheim" day sometime down the road? The gangs from the north part of the city and those from the south side meet up for some beatdowns?

We could even have 'rivers' on every board, representing our beloved border between north and south!

Food for thought. :)

-Tim

• Like 3

I've got painted Beastmen, human mercenaries, and undead.

Unpainted, cult of possessed, sisters of Sigmar, dwarves, o&g, witch hunters, skaven. Maybe more.

!!! rhuntar, anyway my wife could use your sisters of sigmar?!  then we both have sigmar armies.... if not, no biggie.  she can just use dwarfs and shoot us to death

P.S.....

Mordheim seems to be having a bit of recent upswing in Portland, and there's a very steady group of players up in Vancouver...

Wouldn't it be fun to have a "North Mordheim" vs. "South Mordheim" day sometime down the road? The gangs from the north part of the city and those from the south side meet up for some beatdowns?

We could even have 'rivers' on every board, representing our beloved border between north and south!

Food for thought. :)

-Tim

Let's do it!

Anchorman-gang-560.jpg

• Like 4

!!! rhuntar, anyway my wife could use your sisters of sigmar?!  then we both have sigmar armies.... if not, no biggie.  she can just use dwarfs and shoot us to death

Totally welcome to it.

I'll pull them out and make sure they're ready, and try and shoot a pic so you can build a list ahead of time if desired.

(I'm not going to be picky about wisiwig, but I tend to prefer to build my lists based on the models, just for my own ease of play.) They're largely the basic models, so any stock photos would show you what should be available.

• Like 1

stupid question 101 time: how come the sigmar sisters have special rules and access to special items yet regular witch hunter warband does not? am i missing something?  

Witch hunters have access to a x-bow pistol off the bat (only ones i believe, and it's got a special in combat effect), and a greater variety of missile weapons in general (slings only for sisters).  

The witch hunter theme in general is of a smaller elite warband, heroes with quality eq, backed up by fanatical degenerates.

Sister's theme is slightly different, more black/white and much less grey in character than the witch hunters.

*Shrug*  it seemed like a good idea 15 years ago and fit the model designs, is probably the reason...

• Like 1

cool thanks for the run-down! there's a couple armies that have special rules and some that dont so i found that a bit interesting. makes sense though. they do have access to more ranged equipment which probably more than makes up for special rules.

They also have Flagellants, which are probably the best henchmen in the game, IMO ;)

• Like 1

Yeah, thanks Jeffrey for putting this together.  It was my first time playing Mordheim and I had a blast!   Look forward to getting more games in!

Great games - I gotta build a new warband after last game's carnage, but that's not so bad :) Thanks Jeffrey.

Sorry for killing and/or selling your men into slavery :)

• Like 3