Enfilade 2016 Fow Tournament (official thread)

taran.shannara

What: 1700 point Mid-War Flames of War tournament

Date: May 28th, 2016

Where: Red Lion Hotel Olympia, WA, at the NHMGS Enfilade Convention

Hosts: Presented by Rose City Dukes and Duchesses Ranger Group

Times:

Player Check in at 9:00 AM

Player Meeting at 9:15 AM
Round 1 (2h30m) start 9:30-12:00 PM
Round 2 (2h30m) start 1:00- 3:30 PM
Round 3 (2h30m) start 4:00-6:30 PM

Awards Ceremony ~6:45 PM

Entry Fee: You MUST be registered for the convention Enfilade Historical Miniature Gaming Convention but no other fee is required. ~$20 for day only, ~$30 for entire weekend.

If you want the day only reg that can be done in person at the registration desk at the convention. Weekend rate can be purchased online.  The preliminary event list (PEL) will be attached here when it is generated.

Prizes:

Renaissance Award (for best overall combined score)

Best Axis General

Best Allies General

Best Presentation Axis

Best Presentation Allies.

Random door prize

Will add 2nd place for generals (2IC awards) if 18+ players per-registered

How to Sign Up: Sign up for convention, (use the event sign up if they have one), email pdxwar@gmail.com, and post here that you are in.

Missions: Will be announced ahead of time (aka soon)

Lists: lists are to be made from official Battlefront mid-war lists. Lists should be sent to pdxwar@gmail.com for verification by May 25th.

Monsters: VERY IMPORTANT TO READ TOURNAMENT SECTION IF USING MONSTERS HERE:

See http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=3757

"

Tournaments
The following Mid-war Monsters can be used in any Flames Of War tournament:

■ Any German company may replace all of its Schwere Panzer Platoons with Schwere Panzer (Porsche) Platoons, and replace all Tiger I E tanks in the Company HQ with Tiger (P) tanks at no cost.
■ You may field Dicker Max and Sturer Emil in an Experimental Tank-hunter Platoon in place of a Tank-hunter Platoon in Eastern Front.
■ You may field 8.8cm Flak18 Sfl in a Bunker Flak Platoon in Eastern Front.
■ You may field Panzer I F in an Infantry Tank Platoon in place of an Assault Tank Platoon in Eastern Front.
■ A Soviet force, excluding a Mixed Tankovy Batalon, may replace any or all of its Medium Tankovy Companies with Eksperimental Tankovy Companies. If it is a Tankovy Batalon it can purchase the Command tank in the Battalion HQ as a T-43 medium tank for 95 points

"

FoW FAQ: We will be using the updated mid-war books/lists that come out and the latest FAQ version. Currently 3 September 2015 FAQ.

Tables: If you'd like to bring terrain for a table, let me know.

Additional details:  Check with SteveM and pdxwar@gmail.com   

Signed up:

name/handle, registered, list verified, nation/list playing

Axis

1. Jacob Anderson/ Souldier, yes, yes, German Grenadierkompanie, Eastern Front

2. Steve Z./Zeke, yes, yes, German, Fallschirmjager, North Africa

3. MikeH/ZeroMoon17, yes, yes, Italian Bersaglieri (Infantry), North Africa

4. Josef M/Lord hanaur, yes, yes, German, Panzergrenadierkompanie, North Africa

5. Ed Anderson, ??, yes, German, Fallschirmjägerkompanie, Eastern Front

6. JasonN/JasonSkee, ??, yes, German, Panzergrenadierkompanie(Heer), Eastern Front

7. ZachB/??, yes, no, Italians
8. AnthonyB/na, yes, no, Germans

Allies:

1. JamesB/barca, yes, yes, Soviet Strelkovy (Guards), Eastern Front

2. David B/?? , yes, yes, British, Commando (Italy), North Africa

3. Bill N/Noland, yes, yes, US, Rifle Company, North Africa

4. RyanM/lazarus, no, no, US rifle company, North Africa

5. KevenL/Sloth, ??, yes, US Tank company, North Africa

6. BeauT/Corky272, no, yes, US Mechanized Company, North Africa

7. Scott E/??, no, yes, US Rifle Company, North Africa

8. DanielM/CyrusLucanis, no, yes, US Tank Company, North Africa

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

BF is updating digital for MW.

See main FoW home page updated 18 FEB:

"Last week Mid-war compilation Eastern Front  went live in Flames Of War Digital and Forces Of War, updated to make the Briefings compatible with Version 3...The other Mid War compilation, North Africa, is due to arrive in Forces Of War and Flames Of War Digital this weekend...."

Okay - go ahead and tentatively count me in - I'll see if I can get space in the hotel - otherwise, it's a 2 hour drive for me...

I got room if you need it.  Save you some money.

Actually we have a lot of room so anyone interested in some late night painting could crash Friday night so they dont gotta drive as far.  Our house is Gamer Central anyways and then we can car pool there and back to my house before you all either scatter or crash again.

Just an option...

• 1 month later...

Channeling my previous life as an Army Instructor:
Let's do it by the numbers:
1. Go to Enfilade page:

2. Scroll down to "Painting Competition"

3. Click on the link: http://nhmgs.org/assets/painting_competition_2015.pdf

4. On that one-page PDF, scan down to the section "Judging", sub-section "Attention to Theme"
"This is new this year and will be based on the Enfilade theme which this year is “Raids”...."

For the Roster:

JamesB/barca, AXIS - Hungarian Gepkocsizo Lovesz (Motorized Infantry),verified=no,registered=yes, Eastern Front

NOTES:

1. Before the tournament I will get the digital subscription and generate a PDF file of my list from Forces of War.

2. I will also come up with an ALLIED list, in case AXIS vs. ALLIES needs better balance.

I am officially registered for the Enfilade tournament.

For the Roster:

MikeH/ZeroMoon17, AXIS - Italian Bersaglieri (Infantry), verified=no, registered=yes, North Africa

Also does anyone want to arrange a carpool up?  I'm planning on driving up Saturday morning, and then driving back down after the Team Yankee demo at night, so looking at leaving PDX area around 6:00am Saturday morning, and driving back sometime around 10:00pm that night.

Also does anyone want to arrange a carpool up?  I'm planning on driving up Saturday morning, and then driving back down after the Team Yankee demo at night, so looking at leaving PDX area around 6:00am Saturday morning, and driving back sometime around 10:00pm that night.

Carpool = great idea.

I will be driving up Friday morning, with the intent of checking in to the Red Lion Inn before 2 PM, and staying until around noon or later on Sunday, driving back to arrive in PDX between 4 and 6 PM Sunday.

If someone wants a ride and split the gas expense, I can take 1 or 2 people from PDX area, depending on how much stuff you have.

• 3 weeks later...