Tau Terrain?

That tidewall and the others. Can any faction take them as fortifications, like the imperial ones, or are they exclusively TAU? I've not seen the rules, and GW's site says they come with the rules and has them in with the other scenery. Would be useful to know if they are legal for non-tau BEFORE purchasing them. 

Thanks. 

Although, keep in mind, even if you did take it you couldn't use most of it if you weren't tau as the rules all mention 'Tau Empire' faction.

Yeah, that's how I'm reading it. It's not exclusively TAU, but TAU get more benefits from it (not unlike some of the imperial terrain GW's released). Any clue with that round section of the shield wall, what bases can fit in it? Wondering if that Dreadknight oval would fit, mostly. 

Mainly thinking that tyranids would benefit from a portable defense line (or any portable terrain). And those "energy shields" don't look faction specific. 

I read somewhere that these were "password protected" and that other factions couldn't man them.  But it was probably off of a Happy Meal or a napkin I found at the bus stop

Adept 112358 of the Adeptus Mechanicus figured that one out pretty quick. I mean who protects their fortifications with a password of '1234'?

• Like 1

As I read it, most of the abilities from the fortifications are lost to non-tau, and could even be considered a liability when facing TAU if they dared to retake the platform. That said, none of the options look terrible for tyranids. True, most bugs move faster than 6" per turn and have no advantage in counting as stationary, but there are a few. Portable terrain that doesn't use elites slots, on the other hand, is definitely something tyranids are interested in. And that forcefield thing would be amazing on tyranids (if we ever get our cover saves), just because a lot of the bug units have shoddy saves and would absolutely love automatic wounds and glances added to enemies. 

Well, aside from President Skroob?

And the Library in Fallout 4....

The Tau Fortifications would be nothing but terrain to non-Tau in most respects.  

The Tau Empire are simply better people.

Tau Fortifications are "floating" terrain. And as long as no one recalls the destruction word....Laputa invaded by tyranids.