Jump to content

Ish

Warlords
  • Content Count

    3,328
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    237

Everything posted by Ish

  1. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    Well, that’s gonna need a FAQ addressing how it works with Custodes... Unless they intended for my stormshield equipped Custodian Guard to have a 3++ Invulnerable Save and a 1+ Armor Save.
  2. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    That would make more sense.
  3. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    $200-250 seems like a plausible price for the Indomitus box, depending on whether or not it comes with a soft-back mini rulebook or a full-blown hardcover deluxe rulebook. I want to like the Hammerfall turret, but I’m not quite sold on it. Is it supposed to be a modular unit that gets dropped into a zone and then assembled (which it looks like) or is it dropped into place as-is (which the name implies, but the model absolutely doesn’t look like something that could be aerodynamically dropped... even with the Imperium’s usual tenuous notions of what aerodynamic designs are). And what was wrong with the classic Deathstorm drop pod!?
  4. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    Potential point cost leaks* have been spotted. * Authenticity in no way guaranteed or even implied.
  5. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    I just happen to have seen a battle report on YouTube for that exact scenario.
  6. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    The Command Benefit means you only get the CP rebate if your Warlord is in the Supreme Command Detachment which means he will not in the Brigade/Battalion/Patrol Detachment, in which case it still costs 4/3/2 CP. You don't get extra CP by having this detachment, you simply won't lose any... But it does meant Magnus, Mortarian, and Roboute won't necessarily spend Ninth Edition decorating your shelves.
  7. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    Random turn length is a sacred cow that needed to be slaughtered a long time ago. If it was an aspect of one or two narrative scenarios where it added some sort of tension – Can you defend the spaceport long enough for the civilians to evacuate? – it wouldn’t be so bad, but when any given scenario has a 67% chance of going to turn six, and a 33% chance of going to turn seven... The game becomes a chore. You either have to table your opponent or build up an unassailable lead by turn five. Otherwise, your opponent will drop all pretense of trying to win and just play for the draw.
  8. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    It’s theoretically possible...
  9. Frostgrave also has various types of soldiers that are, basically, upgraded versions of others. Which means you totally can “advance” the mooks in your warband. Thieves are basically “low level” Treasure Hunters; a Crossbowman is a “low level” Marksman; a Thug becomes a Man-at-Arms who becomes a Knight... But rather than spend time and mental energy having to do bookkeeping for them all, you just save up your gold, and when you’re able to do so you fire a Crossbowman and hire a Marksman. Name them both “Roderick” on your roster and continue to use the same miniature.
  10. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    Hence the “we don’t really know, but we wanna speculate anyway” caveat.
  11. I do so love Marvel Crisis Protocol, but I’ve already committed to a WH40k game.
  12. Frostgrave‘s second edition is due out in mid-August. I’d suggest holding off for another two months.
  13. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    A recent post from Goonhammer seems to be leaning towards large units actually being rather good. Of course, they also add that:
  14. I haven’t been able to find a Land Raider anywhere! But, then again, I’ve also only been looking for “pre-owned” Land Raiders. They’re usually pretty common on the second-hand market (until I wanted one) and since I figure I’ll need at least two, it seemed prudent to save money. But it seems like everyone on the internet has decided that Custodes lists should just be nothing but Terminators, Telemons, and Bikes... and I’m just sort of reflexively contrarian by nature. So I’m gonna dig in my heels and not use (many) of those units.
  15. The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story documentary on Netflix. I flipped it on mostly to have as background noise while building miniatures, but I got sucked in. I’ve been a classic rock / prog rock fan since I was in utero thanks to my dad having Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Jethro Tull, and so for on the stereo 24/7 for my entire childhood. But my personal favorite always was and always will be Queen. The band stopped touring when I was still in kindergarten and I never got to see them live... and Freddie Mercury passed away when I was ten (tragically/ironically, Wayne’s World would introduce them to the rest of my generation shortly afterward). When Brian May and Roger Taylor started teaming up with guest artists, I was distinctly underwhelmed. So I pretty much avoided listening to anything they ever did with Adam Lambert... Oh man, was I wrong. Very wrong. The Show Must Go On documentary takes great care to let May and Taylor explain why they choose to continue touring, how reluctant they were to replace Freddie, and just how impressed they were when they first met Lambert. It also let’s Lambert have ample time to explain that he knows he cannot (and isn’t trying) to be the new Freddie Mercury... But, honestly, he’s probably the next best thing (or rather the best next thing) because he although he doesn’t have Mercury’s voice, he’s definitely got Mercury’s soul. And his voice is equally phenomenal. I’m still not crazy about Lambert’s solo stuff (too pop, too dance, not enough rock) but I’ve 180° reversed my opinion of his partnership with Queen.
  16. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    I was making a joke, WestRider: Hyperbolic exaggeration for comedic effect.
  17. Oof, that is a lot of nasty packed into 1,000 Points... Three Assassins!? Well, I guess they don’t call them “The Blood Games” for no reason... ++ [ 988pts ] ++ + HQ + Captain-General Trajann Valoris [10 PL, 180pts] Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike [9 PL, 168pts]: Misericordia, Salvo Launcher, Superior Creation, Warlord . Auric Aquilis + Troops + Custodian Guard Squad [14 PL, 260pts] . Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield . Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia (x4) Custodian Guard Squad [14 PL, 260pts] . Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield . Custodian: Guardian Spear, Misericordia (x4) + Elites + Vexillus Praetor [6 PL, 120pts]: Storm Shield, Vexilla Magnifica ++ Total: [53 PL, 988pts] ++ Created with BattleScribe
  18. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    Well... They probably don’t have a maximum unit size of three. Remember that all the Primaris units in the Dark Imperium box had different unit sizes on the materials that came in the box than they did in the proper codex.
  19. It will be a glorious training mission, Inquisitor. We will ensure that your hand-picked regiment of Imperial Guard that you’ve chosen to accompany you on your upcoming mission are fully prepared.
  20. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    That we know of... I’m rather expecting Tyranid ‘Gaunts, Ork Boyz, Chaos Poxwalkers, and maybe Imperial Guard Conscripts to all have incentives baked into their rules that incentivize taking them in hordes.
  21. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    I think they’re a little over-the-top due to the Total Obliteration special rule. I’m usually reluctant to make cross-faction comparisons, but in this case, it’s hard to avoid comparing them to Eldar Fire Dragons. Fire Dragons are PL 6 for a squad of five. With lower S, lower T, and significantly fewer W... They’ve got 2” extra movement, but that’s totally not worth bragging about since they have half the range on their fusion guns... To top it off, the freakin’ Eradicators get to double-tap, which means that they’ll get more shots than the Eldar, even though the space elves have two more bodies in the squad. Obviously, this all comes with a big asterisk and footnote about it being subject to change when we have a complete understanding of all the rules... But, for now? Oi vey.
  22. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    So help me, Zod...
  23. Ish

    40K 9th ed

    I swear to Zod, no one knows what the words “suggested” or “minimum” mean.
×
×
  • Create New...