So here is what I'm thinking as a possible OFCC list:
• Warband Origins
One day long ago there was a lowly Adeptus Mechanicus enginseer on Mars by the name of Techpriest Hoth. While he was a loyal Imperial citizen, he did secretly object to some of the Imperium's more fascist tendencies. Then one day he came across a piece of paper written in unholy script. For some reason, Hoth could read it. He spoke the word "Azrath" aloud. Suddenly a horned daemon appeared and whispered promises of freedom and power. Hoth's journey upon the Dark Path had begun.
NIGHT LORDS CSM BATTALION 
• Dark Techmagus Hoth, Chaos Warpsmith, power axe, meltagun, flamer
• Valkia the Bloody, Chaos Sorcerer, Mark of Tzeench, jumppack, force sword
Warpsmith Hoth teamed his Night Lords up with Dnegrah's Renegades & Heretics because he received a vision from the Dark Omnissiah. In the vision he joined with the Chaos Militia to consecrate dozens of Imperium-held worlds in blood. Sorceress Valkia aids Hoth because she is well paid in human sacrifices and tomes of power.
• Jarvak's Death Bats, 5 Chaos Marines, lascannon
• Batista's Sentry Killers Squad, 5 Chaos Marines, lascannon
• Hatred's Night Masques, 5 Chaos Marines, lascannon
The Chaos Marines provide the warband with a tough, flexible core.
• BloodLady, Blood Slaughterer, Mark of Khorne, pair of Slaughter Blades
BloodLady scuttles towards the enemy eager to shed blood for the glory of Khorne.
• Deffy the Defiler with Defiler Claws and Battlecannon, Defiler Scourge, Reaper Autocannon
• Mary the Maulerfiend, Maulerfiend fist, Mark of Nurgle, lasher tendrils
Deffy and Mary are always in the vanguard of the assault competing to see who can get the most kills.
CHAOS RENEGADES & HERETICS BATTALION, THE NOSTROMAN 9TH, "HELL'S HORDE" [1,108]
• Dneghra, Renegade Commander, powerfist
• Buzzsaw, Renegade Commander, powerfist, plasma pistol
Dnegrah has lead the Nostroman 9th Mercenary Company for decades. She travels the verse, selling her mercenaries' skills to any non-Imperium clients with enough coin. Dnegrah's ancestors were Nostroman nobility. They feared Curze but respected his ability to establish order. Buzzsaw is Dnegrah's lover. He won her affection through his devotion to Chaos and strict personal code of honor.
• Nostramo, Enforcer, power sword
• Garok, Enforcer, power sword
• Greenklaw, Enforcer, powerfist
• Rend's 3rd Squad, 5 Command Squad troopers, lascannon, command net vox
• Madame Voodoo's 9th Squad, 8 Marauders, 2 plasma guns, power axe, plasma pistol
• Charles' 10th Squad, 8 Marauders, 2 plasma guns, power axe, plasma pistol
• Captain Zero's 11th Squad, 8 Marauders, 2 plasma guns, power axe, plasma pistol
The enforcers use fear to keep the troops in line. The Command Squad troopers are veteran tank killers. The Marauders are wanton miscreants who excel at boarding operations.
• Sevatar's 1st Squad, 20 Cultists, icon, vox, 2 flamers
• Lobo's 2nd Squad, 20 Cultists, icon, vox, 2 flamers
• Kira's 3rd Squad, 20 Militia, 2 missile launchers, flamer
• Emma's 7th Squad, 20 Mutant Rabble
The Cultists, Militia, and Mutant Rabble are a diverse lot. Some fight for coin, some for Chaos, some fight against the fascist Imperium, and some fight for the sake of fighting.
• Hound of Chaos, armored sentinel, lascannon
Sentinels provide mobile antitank firepower to the Nostroman 9th.
• Blood Debt, Earthshaker carriage, 4 crew
The artillery crew are traitor guard who now use their weapons against their former comrades.
Total=1,997 points; 13 CP, 140 models (135 inf, 4 walkers, 1 artillery)
My units fall into 1 of 4 categories:
1. The Buffers
-Warpsmith and Sorceress: they are there for the buffs: handing out warptime, heals, and +2" movement thanks to the Soulforged Detachment. I might take a Master of Possession instead of a Sorceress and then burn a command point to swap one of my spells for Warptime. This would give me Cursed Earth, and a possible 4++ on my Daemon Engines seems hard to pass up.
-3 Enforcers: these "Chaos Commissars" make R&H infantry units nearby effectively fearless. These are incredibly useful, at least until they get sniped off the board.
Enforcer Garok fends off termagaunts
2. The Melee Damage Dealers
-The Daemon Engines: they rush up the middle of the board and act as distraction carnifexes. They usually are dead by the bottom of Turn 2 or early in Turn 3 but they have usually brought down a knight or some other nasty units by then.
BloodLady the Blood Slaughterer dines on robots
3. The Front Horde
-86 little dudes and dudettes (24 Marauders, 2 Renegade Commanders, 40 Cultists, and 20 Mutant Rabble): they run up the flanks capping objectives, tarpitting, taking plasma potshots at things, and generally annoying the enemy. The Marauders usually do good work while everything else at least stops bullets.
The cultist horde engulfs the foe
4. The Back Horde
-The missile launcher Militia Squad with Enforcer, lascannon command squad, 3 small lascannon CSM squads, the Earthshaker, and the lascannon sentinel sit back on my objectives and send a decent amount of firepower downrange.
Renegade Earthshaker Carriage crew member "Cuddles" takes a break
This is a casual, fun sort of list that I enjoy using. I send the mass of insane cultists and sundry forward backed up by dino robots from hell and buffing characters. Meanwhile my firebase plinks away at the enemy. It doesn't win too much but it's always a blast to use and my opponents tell me it's fun to play against.
What do ya'all think?
PS I just noticed that my Renegades and Heretics battalion has 7 elites. Oops! But if I drop Valkia down to a Master of Possession that gives me enough points to add a 3rd Renegade Commander (Vicious pete). Then I can move some of those elites into a vanguard detachment.