Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, InfestedKerrigan said:
Am i missing something or are they only offering a Mug and sticker for supporting?

You're not missing anything.  This is a bad use of kickstarter and needs to fail badly.

In theory he has a working product which connects to Android but wants to extend to iOS and is using Kickstarter to defray his conversion costs (although $28,000 to do that seems like he is getting ripped off to me).  Personally, that sounds like a go-fund-me to me.

Of course, on top of that he lists their website in the kickstarter information and if you go to that website it gives similar information but there is no way to order the android-based product either so who knows...  Actually seems to be a reasonably good idea but looks horribly mismanaged from what I can find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Duckman said:

You're not missing anything.  This is a bad use of kickstarter and needs to fail badly.

In theory he has a working product which connects to Android but wants to extend to iOS and is using Kickstarter to defray his conversion costs (although $28,000 to do that seems like he is getting ripped off to me).  Personally, that sounds like a go-fund-me to me.

Of course, on top of that he lists their website in the kickstarter information and if you go to that website it gives similar information but there is no way to order the android-based product either so who knows...  Actually seems to be a reasonably good idea but looks horribly mismanaged from what I can find.

Started reading the campaign... the unit with electronics is not even waterproof at this point! Couple days in and not a single pledge is dubious... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Duckman said:

I've known them 21 years, but I know you don't mean anything in an agroar way, rather, just being direct. So don't apologize for anything with this new info. :)

In theory he has a working product which connects to Android but wants to extend to iOS and is using Kickstarter to defray his conversion costs (although $28,000 to do that seems like he is getting ripped off to me). 

Personally, that sounds like a go-fund-me to me.

Good to know. 

...  Actually seems to be a reasonably good idea but looks horribly mismanaged from what I can find.

Not sure I'll pass that on lol they are good people, and I hope to see their project succeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 8:52 AM, dalmer said:

Hello there,

Going live in a couple of days if the hype is believed.

Sci-fi miniatures

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresylab2/991329828?ref=420260&token=acffa58b

I just saw this one through another source. Looks like some really great female models in there, and all the stretch goals have been unlocked, including a full set of Assassins, and the best variety of female body types I've ever seen in a miniature range. Three more days to go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...