Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

• 2 weeks later...

PAX Kickstarter Report:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MZUQAhqrwjdA6f4E6

Shovel Knights - going currently, game was blah... one character out of it I'd love just for the model... game play was blah

After the Empire - Great game, b-i-l and I had a blast playing it. "What happens when empires have fallen and the fifedoms are left to defend themselves." German resource game meets US game invasion - Sep 3

WyrmWood - Like specialty dice carriers? Check out this Sep 3 Kickstarter. I hope their prices will be reasonable compared to event pricing

Handful of digital games, still need to go through my notes... I don't think any others had starting dates, just "coming soon"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two: 

Nordlond Sagas for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG, a very Viking-flavored take on D&D 5th edition. Ends on October 12.

Less gaming, but no less geeky: Save Cameron's Books, a campaign to save a local bookstore that's being evicted from its current location in downtown (because the lease is up). If they don't find a new location, they'll have to close. I'm a fan of independent bookstores, so... Ends on November 7.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dalmer said:

I've backed two of the HeresyLab* Kickstarters, and been entirely satisfied with the results. I'm a bit disappointed with the Crusader here (The pose is the worst part of the GW ones! Give us an action pose, not shield on the ground!), but other than that, this looks like another good one.

*They're doing the actual fulfillment.

• Like 2

The City of Jordoba would make a very nice set-piece for D&D, Frostgrave or Saga: Age of Crusades. Heck, stick some HVAC units and tv antennas on the roofs and it'd work for modern and near-future games. It's obviously inspired by Middle Eastern / North African architecture, but with a sort of old school, pulpy, Lovecraft-by-way-of-Conan element of weird fantasy to it too.

59372ac0f381558ce004fbbc19aa27ff_original.JPG?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1572443172&auto=format&gif-q=50&q=92&s=e544f4bbe0ecf45dec959f1a3c85ac19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wait is over. This Black Friday (Nov. 29th), Car Wars Sixth Edition is coming to Kickstarter!

Car Wars is the classic game of autoduelling, and Car Wars Sixth Edition takes it to the next level. Car Wars Sixth Edition features quicker play -- including significantly faster car design rules -- custom plastic miniatures, and everything two to four players need to dive in and start blasting each other.

As a fan of games from Steve Jackson Games, we wanted to let you know about our day one bonus being offered by Uncle Al. Click through the link below to learn more.

We would love your support, please click here to learn more details and how to setup a Kickstarter notification.

Let's setup a notification!

Thanks!

Steve Jackson Games

https://www.backerkit.com/call_to_action/1644/landing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjgames/car-wars-sixth-edition-by-steve-jackson-games?ref=backerkit_launch

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/culverinmodels/culverin-models-claustrophobic-combat

Perfect for use as the interior of a bunker, science facility or even the hallways of a gigantic spaceship this is a scenery set which allows you to create cramped and tight maps in which you could hunt down mutant rabble, escape from an alien infestation or fight a pitched interior battle between rival gangs! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...