Tempting Kickstarters

dkieft

13 hours ago, dalmer said:

Loved playing that game back in the day!

I couldn't toss my money at this fast enough.  I have several of their games - and free league does a great job.  (I have Tales from the Loop, after the flood ...  & Aliens).  My friends and I played lots of Twilight 2000 back in the day.

-d

• Like 2

I’ve already spent too much on Kickstarters this year, so I’m forcing myself not to back Twilight 2000. Back in the day, I owned a copy of the original rulebook, but never could interest my friends in playing... This new edition looks amazing, so I had to share.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of that new HeroQuest stuff, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little steamed that not only is a monolithic giant like Hasbro resorting to crowdfunding to bring out a new game, but they're setting the pledge goal at one million dollars. And judging by the cost of the pledge levels, it's not going to be a cheap game even if it does make it to retail.

I still have my OG copy I bought at a yard sale for $5 20-someodd years ago, and a 3D printer. I think I'll be alright.

• Like 3

$100 seems like a reasonable for a ‘dungeon in a box’ game these days. Descent: Journeys in the DarkWarhammer QuestBlackstone Fortress, and so forth all sell for between $99–$199.

They’ve already reached $1.4 million on their pledge drive, so obviously there’s demand there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, I was directed to this forum from the Necromunda Underhive discord server, and then pointed here for sharing kickstarters.  I'm one of the people that makes TinkerTurf and I'm trying to promote our new set getting kickstarted soon.  Let me know if I can answer any questions, or if I need to tweak this message.  And thanks for inviting me in, looks like a great community!

---

TinkerTurf is announcing it's next kickstarter today!

Follow the campaign on kickstarter to get updates as we open the campaign for preview, and then launch soon after that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkerhousegames/tinkerturf-terrain-sci-fi-release-21

And to celebrate, we're having a 30% off sale on our webstore until the launch of the kick! Use code Kick2.1 at checkout! https://shop.tinkerhousegames.com/discount/Kick2.1

What we heard over and over is that folks loved the high towers and movable crane from the Maglev Depot. So the notion with 2.1 is to go bigger and bolder with more motion and verticality. The all-new SatComm Installation and Perimeter Wall both feature movable pieces and lofty perches. The expansion to the Maglev line includes a rotating Rail Switch that allows for complex and dynamic rail layouts. New Fuel Tanker and Cargo Containers for the rail cars add more options for strategic objectives and obstacles that fit perfectly onto the Maglev rail cars.

Stay tuned for more info soon!

- The Tinkers

tt-kick21.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 5 weeks later...