Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Avengers: Endgame

I enjoyed this one, probably more than anything since the first Avengers movie.  I thought it was a well-done ensemble pic where I think everyone got their moments.  It's not perfect but it is a solid entry in the MCU.

Of note, no end-credits bonus scene in this one.  I didn't expect one but had not confirmed prior.  Once the end crawl starts no reason to stick around...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Duckman said:

no end-credits bonus scene in this one

Wow Great to know!

10 hours ago, Raindog said:

What a great way to conclude the MCU

They're not done... are they? IMDB says they got way more untitleds coming...

My cousin just posted:

We just saw Avengers Endgame.. Oh my gosh.. Spoilers happened and then spoiler showed up and did some spoilers. We totally lost it when the spoiler happened and when spoiler and spoiler did the spoiler together it was epic. I never laughed so hard at spoiler and I was truly moved when spoiler did spoiler. The absolute best part was the big spoiler!

O. K. I feel better now. Sorry if I spoiled anything.

• Haha 2

Endgame.

3/5.

Decent, but nothing special. A few moments made me smile, but I feel like it's main selling point is that it was the endcap for a bunch of other movies. Tries too hard to be Return of King.

I will note that the whole "good vs evil" wasn't present in this film. Neither side was good. It was just a difference of opinions in what the future should look like, plus revenge (carried out by supposedly "good" guys). You could say it was a fight for survival, which makes it neutral, but it wasn't anything more. It was a bunch of former-good guys and former-villains just fighting for survival. Makes for a decent fight, but no moral victories to be found here.

4 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Endgame.

3/5.

Pax, I'd suggest pulling down a lot of that review and putting it in a spoiler thread.  I would not have wanted to know that and I specifically avoided that commentary in my review for that reason.  I'd love to discuss it more though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Duckman said:

Pax, I'd suggest pulling down a lot of that review and putting it in a spoiler thread.  I would not have wanted to know that and I specifically avoided that commentary in my review for that reason.  I'd love to discuss it more though.

I feel I was pretty vague. If you've already seen it, you know what I am talking about, but if you haven't I may as well be talking about WW2.

JourneyQuest (films 1-3, Amazon Prime)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B074BPCHCP

5/5

Hysterical show. Classic fantasy RPG setting with classic insane/incompetent characters. Feels like a proper RPG group. Some really excellent adventures. I laughed so hard.

(Unclear if films are a series condensed, or if a proper film. Maybe this should be in "rate my series/season...meh)

PS: Amazon Prime seems to have a large selection of low budget RPG-set shows.Weird because amazon prime almost never has what I'm looking for...

38 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

JourneyQuest (films 1-3, Amazon Prime)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B074BPCHCP

5/5

Hysterical show. Classic fantasy RPG setting with classic insane/incompetent characters. Feels like a proper RPG group. Some really excellent adventures. I laughed so hard.

(Unclear if films are a series condensed, or if a proper film. Maybe this should be in "rate my series/season...meh)

PS: Amazon Prime seems to have a large selection of low budget RPG-set shows.Weird because amazon prime almost never has what I'm looking for...

It's more of a series than a set of movies. They were originally released on YouTube and they're still up there as the individual episodes. It's the same group who did The Gamers movies, and they're actually from Tacoma. My friend Luke plays Yart, one of the Orcs.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Romans832 said:

Aladdin - 7/10 - Fun story line. The music wasn't much better than karaoke. Will Smith did well.

Originally, it was the genius of Robin Williams and his improv that made that movie.  I have seen coming attractions where Will delivers the same line.  How much is straight from the original and how much is Will defining the role?  Does it hold up?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Duckman said:

Originally, it was the genius of Robin Williams and his improv that made that movie.  I have seen coming attractions where Will delivers the same line.  How much is straight from the original and how much is Will defining the role?  Does it hold up?

Almost like Ender's Game... they took pieces... my wife knows the movie way better and said there's plenty of places they went to hit and did their own version.

Plus they wrapped it up all in one movie (Google says no sequels to these remakes). Loved how they wrapped it all up.

I think Will did Will... some things were painful, but overall he did great

Mythica #1-5 (five films, all streamed on amazon prime)

A steady 3/5 for all five films. 

If Lord of the Rings is an "A" quality fantasy film series, then this film series is a "C" in terms of quality. But with the lower quality, they picked scenes that could be done reasonably well and did them reasonably well. There's nothing amazing or impressive about this series, other than it's consistently decent. Makes for a good 5+ hours of pg-13 fantasy adventure. A good series to kinda watch while doing other things, like painting models or building a magic the gathering deck.

The Dark Crystal: News of the prequel series reminded me that I'd never actually seen the movie itself, and it's on Netflix right now to boot. Mostly awesome, but the let-down is, unfortunately, kinda central to the movie: The gelfling dialogue and voice acting are just annoying and whiny, which really sucks because the world-building, the various creatures and races, and the Skeksis and Mystic characters are all awesome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: Contrary to what I thought while watching the preview, they weren't actually trying to make Keira Knightley look like Anne Hathaway. Turns out that was actually Mackenzie Foy who was made up and directed to be as much like Anne Hathaway as possible. Keira Knightley played someone entirely different. Not a whole lot to it, but what there is is fun, and some of the set/costume design and worldbuilding are great. Almost wish I'd actually seen it in the theatre.

Evolution: This looked really bad to me when I first saw it come up on Netflix. Then I noticed that Orlando Jones was on the poster, looked into it some more, and just kept finding more and more actors I liked involved with it. Even tho it falls short in its intended spot as an "A" movie, it makes for a pretty entertaining comedy Creature Feature "B" flick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Idon'tknow/10

The plot? Holey. 

The characters? Absolutely bat[big bad swear word] insane. Terribly written, but so incomprehensible that I wanted to see what random choice they'd make next!

The acting? They mostly did their best considering the deliriously unhinged script.

The monster fights? Hoooooooo boy! Bring a friend and a bucket of your best high 5s.

This is not a good movie. But it is a great movie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1