Rate the Last Movie You Saw

I haven't seen that one in decades (2 if the movie's correct about the 20 years), yep, they are.

Don't remember it well enough. But what of it I remember, right in line.

Hmm...Thanks. Don't mind going to see a bad movie that's a good sequel to another bad movie I enjoyed. If they changed it too much, I'd be disappointed, even if they made a good movie out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 9/10 - fun kids movie, crazy plot twists, kind of odd choice to bring both into adult hood together pretty much same time... Eh, that's why they made it such a big deal they're the same age.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10? - Weird movie, loved the cameo, very very interesting, I think the best part was a look at Thanos for upcoming movies. Post credits piece, not sure I fully understood.

Hobbit 3: Very good when good, but suffers the same feeling of a "streched" plot, with a number of unreasonably slow periods next to intense action sequences. Overall, I did enjoy myself. I am looking forward to a you-tube version of the three films that hacks it down to the content actually in the book.

Hobbit 3: Very good when good, but suffers the same feeling of a "streched" plot, with a number of unreasonably slow periods next to intense action sequences. Overall, I did enjoy myself. I am looking forward to a you-tube version of the three films that hacks it down to the content actually in the book.

I feel like they could have made a good 2 movies out of it without getting that feel and avoiding a bunch of that stupid filler that doesnt make any sense. 

• Like 2

Into The Storm 2/5

Campy new age Twister.  As a friend put it, "they made the tornadoes like sneaky rogues, just BAM suddenly there, no warning or even a storm to announce."  The graphics were better than I expected.  Slight coming of age story.  Predictable.  I didn't completely hate it, but I wouldn't watch it again by choice.

The Family 3.5/5

Henry Hill and his family living in a modern Europe on witness protection.  He writes books.  Explosions and gunfights ensue.  Funny, if a bit dry in an awkward way a couple times.  Will watch again.  

TMNT - 6.5/10

I would watch it again.  My son enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it like I enjoyed the old Cartoon.  Speaking of, I read somewhere that BeBop and Rocksteady are supposed to be in the sequal.  Actually, the Cartoon is a great comparison for myself.  I enjoyed the movie like I enjoyed the cartoon, it could have been a double/triple episode.  I like the Original Movie Trilogy better as far as movie goes, but that could be nostalgia creeping up on me.  

I'd watch it again with the kids, I'm not sure I'd seek it out alone.

• Like 1

Into The Woods - 8/10  Decent screenplay conversion if you liked the stage-play.  A number of songs were pulled out but aside from the nightly "Midnight" songs I didn't miss them.  If you're not familiar with the stage play, it is Sondheim taking a swing at fairy tales and having fun.

Yeah - went into this not knowing it was a musical.  I thought it was okay, my wife and kids were kinda "meh".  They'd seen the previews and thought they made the movie look much better

Clue 3/5

It was enjoyable, especially considering when it was filmed.  The various endings were amusing and well done.  It would make for a great play, as is, much like RHPS.  I'd watch it again in a group setting while geeking out, but I doubt I'd put it on just to watch.  Maybe to watch with someone who hasn't seen it.