Blood Bowl II

Raak

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got BB2 recently. I like the game concepts, but I find the game-play aggravating. Maybe it would be more enjoyable with a person I know. I'm on the Ps4 version.

I really want a diceless version, where my guys don't randomly fail to accomplish simple tasks....

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

It's a matter of risk management.

Blood bowl is about rolling as few dice as possible and playing the best odds, unless you have hot luck.

Movement and positioning matters more than anything.

You have to be willing to have nuffle hate you. There will be times where a 1/36 chance of failure results in the death of your dude; but hey you can't call it blood bowl unless blood is being spilt.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got BB2 recently. I like the game concepts, but I find the game-play aggravating. Maybe it would be more enjoyable with a person I know. I'm on the Ps4 version.

I really want a diceless version, where my guys don't randomly fail to accomplish simple tasks....

I have a PS4, lets play sometime

It's a matter of risk management.

Blood bowl is about rolling as few dice as possible and playing the best odds, unless you have hot luck.

Movement and positioning matters more than anything.

You have to be willing to have nuffle hate you. There will be times where a 1/36 chance of failure results in the death of your dude; but hey you can't call it blood bowl unless blood is being spilt.

It's also about not being drunk as F**** during a championship game :)

Pax - have you not played blood bowl with the minis? In real life?

Got interest a few times, may have played a demo game, but never actually got into it.

I have a PS4, lets play sometime

I would be down for that, assuming I can recall what my user name is on the PS4. Something like carl@chris, as I was at friend's home when I created the account. I really wish the PS4 would let us change the user names....Maybe you give me your name, and I'll message you via the ps4.

Anyway, I did spend most of the day playing today. I really want to like the game, but it's very aggravating. I've got three teams I alternate between:

Hungry Rats (skaven): Finally lost enough games to afford a replacement rat ogre after mine was slain by the first punch a dwarf gave him in my first match. Horrible luck there.

Stingers (Dark elves): This is my go-to when I'm sick of the rats. I mostly kill enemy players with the "stab" option. Got a couple wins today against other DE, but then got crushed by orcs.

Twice Eight of Tzeentch (Chaos): Mostly beastmen, name is just that I maintain a 16-man team. The BB2 chaos bore me easily, but it's a decent team.

None of my players are beyond level 2.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...