Wow, Warmachine really is dead to me.

Murphy'sLawyer

So there is just an hour left and a large Rhulic army with 'Everything' one needs to play is there. The lot is worth over $650 retail mostly unpainted with some still in its boxes with OOP Dice tin and dice with OOP tokens too.

And so far 1 bid for $200. The guy is doing to get a total steal.

I knew PP screwed the Dwarves pretty hard but now even this great deal is unwanted.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271355258133?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Done done and done with WM/H forever.

Yep. Thought for sure there would be more interest in PP stuff, but really, I had one guy offer me $150 for it before the first bid. First sale on eBay and I am not impressed.

If it goes for $200 I will never sell on eBay again and just give that stupid deal to someone here.

Really disappointing way to end a disappointing year.

Last seconds some people tried to out bid by mere dollars. Serriously!

PP is dieing a slow death that I am glad to be rid of. The game tables are the most bland things ever. A chess board has more terrain.

Anything more on the board and it will completly ruin their assassination run, which is the only thing that game is about. Boring!!!

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with WM Jonathan, however I assure you the game (at least in Portland) is growing. WM and 40K play very differently and each has its strength and attractions. Dwarves are not popular. They are fine in garage games and I think its a very cool looking army (particualry with your paint on them) but given the option to buy Rhules or Cryx, most folks will chose the latter. 

And I pray that 2014 will be a far better year for you; I was not a fan of 2013 either!

Bad time of year to sell things. Most folks are broke because of x-mas. You've also never sold anything on ebay before.

As for the transaction, I'm sorry it didn't work out as hoped.

Says it did sell for $229.05 and $16.85 in shipping, so it cost them $245.90. If $650 is it's value, then they did pay ~37% of cost. Certainly a good deal for them, but I wouldn't expect much better a price from a local trade/sale (though you'd keep shipping money). 40% of MSRP is pretty standard for opened (used) models.

-Pax

Most items in good condition unpainted generally goes for 60% at least. Seen them go fo 65-70% for popular armies. Poorly painted items go for about 40% on average.

Been buying and selling minis now for 10 years. This is my first time selling on eBay though.

But I am letting it go and going to stick to local sales. And if you check my history here I usually sell my stuff for 45-60% of MSR for good to new in box items. So I generally like to give good deals. I just hate being robbed.

I do think if you had the same listing, but you posted it two weeks earlier, it would have sold much better on ebay. It's because you'd be marketing to a crowd that had x-mas presents in mind.

-Pax

I do think if you had the same listing, but you posted it two weeks earlier, it would have sold much better on ebay. It's because you'd be marketing to a crowd that had x-mas presents in mind.

-Pax

Very likely. Just way underwater right now and my minis are like a backup for hard times like these and seeing that fail means I am still behind.

Just another 'liveable wage' thing. It will pass.

Very likely. Just way underwater right now and my minis are like a backup for hard times like these and seeing that fail means I am still behind.

Just another 'liveable wage' thing. It will pass.

Sorry to hear that. I assume you didn't set a reserve on ebay? I mean, you are forced to sell it at that price now that the auction is over?

-Pax

The game is fun but the resale is terrible. There just isn't a good reason to have to pay when the prices are reasonable. the online market is even more reasonable, thus the used market is very cheap.

Hmmm...hadn't consider this.

-Pax

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

2 factors make it hard, as Prophecy stated wmh has some of the best deas on internet, its not hard to score 30-40% off. Also your lack of rep on ebay deters many to buy aything but a rocking deal

Isn't the online discount true for any game system though? Except maybe 40k? I'm not sure on GW's market restrictions, but I'm told that they're big on regulating that.

I agree that barter town is a better market to typically make these type of specialty item connections, but that has its own risks and rewards.

• Like 1

Isn't the online discount true for any game system though? Except maybe 40k? I'm not sure on GW's market restrictions, but I'm told that they're big on regulating that.

I agree that barter town is a better market to typically make these type of specialty item connections, but that has its own risks and rewards.

He was looking for closer to 60% of his purchase price. He got just under 40% - that's what I'd expect to pay for models that I would be needing to soak in paint stripper or had lots of conversions/repairs that would be needing being done. His are barely touched models needing no special work.

I do think that as a merc force, he would have been much better off parting them up. As is, they'd only appeal to players wanting to start a dedicated merc force, and only those that didn't already have the unique units. Timing was off and warmachine, in general, is often a tough sell.

In the future, seriously consider trading the warmahordes army for a 40k one, then selling the 40k one. Might make more money that way, as trades will probably favor the warmahordes player more than sales will. 40k sells pretty well online, though I still doubt more than 50% on ebay for an unpainted army (unless really old models).

-Pax

Thanks for the advice. Looking through my closet I have a number of games just sitting there. I have the 40th year Risk set with the Metal peices (Bank), Descent 2nd ed, Pathfinder core book and beginners boxset, and minis minis minis, Malifuax, 40K, Fantasy, Dystopian Wars. Even some FoW books left over from selling my minis. I just don't know where to start.

Keeping my Mouse Guard boxset safe for now. That thing has been just gaining value since they discontinued it. (Dumb dumb dumb.)

Got a BSN from Linfield and I don't now how to sell stuff. Kind of funny really. Stupid science degrees. :P

Sort it all out. Get an excel sheet. List it all down with retail and guidelines of 60, 40 and 25 so you can ballpark your prices. Figure out conditions and get pictures.

Post on here and bartertown, maybe dakka or a specialty site depending on what it is.

Start at 60 and work your way down. The more desperate you are, the quicker you drop it.

If you want me to get more specific, I can.