WalpurgisGT 2014: Dread and Damnation on the Road to Jacuruku, May 3rd/4th, Bellingham, WA

Veskit

Presented by the Bellingham Warhamsters and the FauxShow

Walpurgis is a story telling tournament started in 2011 by Jim Graham. It's currently being run by Dan Miner and Mark Handford as well as a host of volunteers.

This year it is being held at Dark Tower Games May 3rd and 4th.

It's focus has always been on a good narrative creating an atmosphere where you're a character in an ongoing story. It's designed as a more casual than competitive event whereby good people come together from around the region to play Malifaux together. If you want to ask any questions about the site, email me at dan@walpurgisgt.com.

There has historically always been quite a bit of cool stuff that comes with the tournament and this year will be no different, we've already got plans for a custom deck, scheme decks, cool upgrades that affect the story scenarios planned, as well as a model to be used in some of the games and terrain peices that can be used in the games as well as outside of the tournament.

Go to www.walpurgisgt.com for more info!

So, what is legal? I don't see this in the rules and think it is sorta important. I assume, that all the Wave 1 and Wave 2 M2E stuff is good to go (since it is official and all), but what of the Avatars which just launched beta yesterday?

Also, lets talk proxies. With piles of new models that have yet to... um... have models... I imagine we'll have a lot of proxies (assuming this is cool with those in power). So my question is: What makes a legal proxy? Could I for instance use my limited edition Female Hog Whisperer as a Bayou Bushwhacker? Or would that be frowned upon?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm working on getting the model for the tournament cast and I'm awaiting one of my buddy to get me photos to show.  Cards are going out for order this Friday along with the Scheme decks.  I'm also going to work on getting the extra terrain pieces (arcane monument and more) in the works this weekend.  If you're on the fence get your ticket soon!