Ahriman's Exiles! Good or Bad at OFCC?

kyojin

Long time no post everyone! With OFCC coming in hot, I wanted to try something quite a bit different from everything that I've run the past. I've loved Chaos ever since I got into the game (despite my Imperial Guard origins back in 4th ed). After much consideration I realized that I have left one Chaos god untouched, Tzeentch. So I started digging through the Traitor Legion book to see what sort of shiny things the Thousands Sons could bring to the table. Then came the list hammering with things not quite working out until I came across the neat little formation of Ahriman's Exiles, which when maxed out comes to a convenient 2000 points. For those of you without the book, it is Ahriman with 3-9 Exalted Sorcerers and they get some neat benefits. First, if you run it maxed out (which I am) you get to reroll any saves of a 1. Secondly, sorcerers in the formation harness warp charge points on a 3+ within 18" of Ahriman. Everything is already marked with Tzeentch and it is a Thousand Sons formation so it packs Veterans of the Long War across the board. Without further ado, here is the list:

Ahriman’s Exiles 2000

Ahriman 230
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30
-Spell Familiar 15

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30
-Spell Familiar

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

Exalted Sorcerer 160
-Disc of Tzeentch 30

It is a little repetitive, I know, but hear me out. First of all, Ahriman and the Exalted Sorcerers do not have many options and putting them on Discs of Tzeentch is a great benefit since it makes them Jetbikes. Also, each Exalted Sorcerer gets a one use small blast that's S9 AP2 Lance for shooting, otherwise it's the fearsome Inferno Bolt Pistol. Melee-wise the army actually isn't that impressive since everyone has to take Force Staves. There is one big/massive/gigantic issue however. You guessed it, this army does nearly all of it's work during the psychic phase. This formation, when maxed out, packs a whopping 22 power dice and gets a large variety of choices for disciplines. My original idea was actually the ten man army and I had zero plans to take summoning powers. After some deliberation, I came to the conclusion that I will most like need some form of summoning to actually stand a chance in games. How much summoning is too much though? Then again, just how much can only ten sorcerers accomplish? Would this be an interesting list to play against and if not, what can I do to help make it enjoyable?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Oh! I was countingthe 10 sorc, 10 warp rays, and 2 familiars.

Yeah the Discs just give the sorcerers the jetbike unit type and the spell familiars are just wargear. All one model though so I'll be packing a total of 10.