Friday - OFCC - 3 round 8th edition

AgentP

3 hours ago, Munkie said:

I'm only at the OFCC for Friday so I'm gonna have to consolidate a whole weekend worth of drinking into one night.

It'll definitely require some dedicated enablers. 

I totally am not planning on hiding a bar somewhere in my stuff so you shouldn't stop by for enablement.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

Noon start? Then I don't have to get up crazy early to miss Seattle AND Portland commute traffic? 

Kewl.

Now to consolidate all of my Bitz into as few totes as possible so I can load in easier.

Anyone mind if my objective markers also hold Dixie cups of Apple, Raspberry or Huckleberry Mead?

It will be after noon, after all...

17 hours ago, Munkie said:

Dibs on playing this guy!

16 hours ago, pretre said:

We played last year at the doubles, iirc, and it was a good time all around. Although I did have some memory issues due to the amount I had drunk by round 2.

Actually,  we played Round 3 of the Friday ITC tourney.

You plugged your phone into the wall behind you.

You politely offered me vodka. I accepted. You suddenly panicked about where your phone was, I politely reminded you. (REPEAT THIS SEQUENCE THREE TIMES IN FIVE MINUTES) Edit: didn't mean to use bold text there, but it fits, so, eh...

I offered you a packet of trail mix so the protein could help you level out. You accepted politely. We started our game. About halfway through you muttered words to the effect of "I'm hungry" and I tossed you another packet of trail mix.

Our game ended and you called me a Farging Barstedd (Johnny Dangerously reference) for spoiling your all-losses record. I rightfully claimed the title of Cellar Dweller in the standings (but I had a land Raider filled with Arcoflagellants, so I earned it honestly).

Then you temporarily panicked (again) about where your phone was (again) and I politely reminded you (again).

And it was a good time all around.

This time I'll be bringing my 7th Ed Sisters list cut down to 1500 with the Canonessezes I have to have for 8th added in.

Let's see how well Immolator Spam works in 8th (I'm guessing: NOT VERY).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frowbakk said:

Actually,  we played Round 3 of the Friday ITC tourney.

You plugged your phone into the wall behind you.

You politely offered me vodka. I accepted. You suddenly panicked about where your phone was, I politely reminded you. (REPEAT THIS SEQUENCE THREE TIMES IN FIVE MINUTES) Edit: didn't mean to use bold text there, but it fits, so, eh...

I offered you a packet of trail mix so the protein could help you level out. You accepted politely. We started our game. About halfway through you muttered words to the effect of "I'm hungry" and I tossed you another packet of trail mix.

Our game ended and you called me a Farging Barstedd (Johnny Dangerously reference) for spoiling your all-losses record. I rightfully claimed the title of Cellar Dweller in the standings (but I had a land Raider filled with Arcoflagellants, so I earned it honestly).

Then you temporarily panicked (again) about where your phone was (again) and I politely reminded you (again).

And it was a good time all around.

This reads like a very strange Craigslist Missed Connection

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

I have 5 of those, 5 Multi Melta, and 5 Exorcists to pare down from.

As I recall my 7th Ed 2K list ended up being 2600+ points, so I may have to go Halfsies with everything.

The MM and HB ones are hot garbage now for their points. The HF ones are pretty good. Exorcists are really not very awesome right now.

Good thing I have all the Heavy Flamer bits to stick back on instead of MultiMeltas.

I just can't bring myself to spring for the Forgeworld book for just one page about the Repressor. (despite the fact I'm trying to figure out how to convert three of the things from an upcoming trade)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

Good thing I have all the Heavy Flamer bits to stick back on instead of MultiMeltas.

I just can't bring myself to spring for the Forgeworld book for just one page about the Repressor. (despite the fact I'm trying to figure out how to convert three of the things from an upcoming trade)

You can get the digital  version and/or just use a print out.

I made my Immolators able to hot swap to Repressors. You just do a cupola with SB /HF on the top, add a BIG dozer blade (like a leman russ Dozer) and then I magnetized a penitent engine driver to the front. Find me at OFCC, I'll have two repressors with me so you can see.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2017 at 7:37 AM, AgentP said:

Players who finish deploying first, do not automatically go first.  Instead, players roll off, and the highest roll gets to chose who goes first.  The player who finished deploying first gets a +1 on the roll.

I really like this rule.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 8:05 AM, zcaust83 said:

I really like this rule.

I have been offering it to opponents regardless of game type or style (many who don't care for itc down here), as Ive been running 4-6 deployment lists with multiple knights. Going first puts me in a strong position, and my list is pretty aggressive, not reactive. 

Though, I like a staggered bonus, better, up to +3.

• Like 1

Hey if anyone sees this before tomorrow I'm gonna be late for the tournament I got stuck driving out to spokane and the way timing is working out I'll miss the first round so whoever I end up pairing with you get the first win.  But I will be there for rounds 2 and 3.   I also messaged agent p but I haven't heard anything so 

1 hour ago, derek said:

Hey if anyone sees this before tomorrow I'm gonna be late for the tournament I got stuck driving out to spokane and the way timing is working out I'll miss the first round so whoever I end up pairing with you get the first win.  But I will be there for rounds 2 and 3.   I also messaged agent p but I haven't heard anything so 

Drive safe and we will see you when you get here :)