If I buy the 8th Ed. 40K box, would anyone want the models?

Munkie

I'm considering pre-ordering the 40k starter box, but I have no use for any of the models. It comes with both Primaris (true scale) marines and plague marines.

For Primaris marines you get:

-10 Tactical Marines

-3 Jump Marines

-5 plasma gun marines

-3 Command models

-1 Captain

For the followers of Nurgle you get:

-20 Plague walkers (zombies)

-7 (praise Nurgle) Plague Marines

-3 characters (psyker, beatstick, support)

-Foetid Bloat-drone (some sort of turbine powered hovering gun platform)

I'm not looking to make a buck on this stuff, just don't need to bloat my collection unnecessarily. I'd probably be willing to unload this stuff for about $35 per starter army. That's GW models for about $1 a piece!

So if you're looking to build your forces quickly and cheaply let me know and we'll work it out.

• Like 1

Primaris are a new breed of marines, all the major chapters are getting them and they are different units along side "regular" space marines. They are tougher (multi wound) due to a few new organs. Crawl one of the new mechanicus characters has been working on them for 10k years they are just now entering battle with Gulliman returning. There will be new chapters of nothing but primaris we shall see if the originals keep a mix or if the regular marines eventually die out and are not replaced...

Primaris are also an attempt at removing the various "curses" of some of the main chapters. Blood angles and space wolves...

Corey, my guess is that Kevin's marines go to Brad. Kevin offered his marines to Brad, you offered to take them, and Brad accepted Kevin's offer.

For me, I'm keeping both! More marines for my Raven Guard, more Nurgle for my Chaos, and a hardback rule book. There's nothing in the starter I don't want or like!

Nah, it's ok.  Corey can have them.  Kevin put the offer out to everyone first.  I'd still be looking to pick up a second set of Marines, and unloading the Nurglings though.  I'm sure we can work this all out.  Rulebooks for everyone!

18 hours ago, D_Lo said:

Is the primaris just the new space marines or is it a chapter? Also are you buying for rulebook and gift card from dark tower?? Seems weird to buy box set and sell models for discount

That's exactly what I'm doing! The rumored price is $110. If I get the gift card and flip the models for conscience clearing prices, it works out for everyone. People can build armies on the cheap and I pay less than retail for the book. 

The box is 160... so your plan may be foiled sir we can talk a change in price I won't hold you to a lowball offer like you made... depends on book price but I think you'll actually do better just getting the book...

5 hours ago, Munkie said:

That's exactly what I'm doing! The rumored price is $110. If I get the gift card and flip the models for conscience clearing prices, it works out for everyone. People can build armies on the cheap and I pay less than retail for the book. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.