Ministorum Priest with Chainsword/BP- 35

Commissar with Chainsword/BP - 31

Imagifer - 40

5 Doms with 4 Melta, Chainsword - 118

Immolator with SB - 107

Immolator with SB - 107

Thoughts?

What are the "2 HB" in your seraphim units? 

Only glaring thing I would try to change is how the list is organized into detachments. You are very close to having a third one to get an extra command point.

Just now, Dusldorf said:

What are the "2 HB" in your seraphim units? 

Only glaring thing I would try to change is how the list is organized into detachments. You are very close to having a third one to get an extra command point.

Hand Flamers. That was a typo. Let me see if I can get it to three, I think the restriction at this point is HQs. I'd have to move something to an HQ, maybe Lord Commissar from Commissar?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pretre said:

Hand Flamers. That was a typo. Let me see if I can get it to three, I think the restriction at this point is HQs. I'd have to move something to an HQ, maybe Lord Commissar from Commissar?

Gotcha. 

Yes I think that is the smallest change you can do for another hq. 

• Like 1

Spearhead 1

Canoness -45

5 Ret with 4 HB and SB - 89

Vanguard 

Lord Commissar with PW/BP - 55

40 Conscripts - 120

Ministorum Priest with Chainsword/BP- 35

Imagifer - 40

Imagifer - 40

Imagifer - 40

Outrider

St C&2G - 250

5 Seraphim with 2 HF, Chainsword - 79

5 Seraphim with 2 HF, Chainsword - 79

Immolator with SB - 107

Immolator with SB - 107

Good catch, btw.

Cheers. Only other thing I would consider now, if you want, would be to drop some more upgrades for a platoon commander so you can order the blob (assuming conscripts can take orders...I forget). Then the last thing on my list would be finding points for demolition charges on the Lord commissar and platoon commander if possible...at 5 points they are a steal, and have the potential to make a bigger difference in  certain circumstances than all those storm bolters, imo. 

So, I could drop 5 Storm Bolters to get a Platoon Commander, but I don't know that one order is going to be worth that.

There's a lot of utility in orders now. For your list, combined with the priest, the "fix bayonets" order seems especially invaluable. 

3 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

There's a lot of utility in orders now. For your list, combined with the priest, the "fix bayonets" order seems invaluable. 

Yeah, but it feels like I'm dumping a lot of points into conscripts with all those characters. I've got 120 pts in conscripts, 55 for a LC, 35 for a ministorum priest and now 20 more for a PC. 

Is it really going to be worth it? 

1 minute ago, pretre said:

Yeah, but it feels like I'm dumping a lot of points into conscripts with all those characters. I've got 120 pts in conscripts, 55 for a LC, 35 for a ministorum priest and now 20 more for a PC. 

Is it really going to be worth it? 

Only way to find out is to test it. But imo the character investment makes the blob a higher target priority. And if your opponent is shooting your blob, you're winning. If they choose to ignore it, the platoon commander makes it even more devastating. 

9 minutes ago, pretre said:

True.

The problem with trying it is I only get one go. Chances of many test  games between now and then are low.

Well, don't do it if you aren't comfortable. My last bid for the PC is just to suggest that you really will get mileage out of it, whether in terms of movement, shooting, or cc. The main advantage I see out of it compared to 5 storm bolters is the versatility. Force multipliers tend to work wonders when you have so many models to take advantage of them, and that goes for the LC and priest as much as the PC.