Primaris Marines compatibility with existing marine bits

So I've been reviewing the new Primaris marines and am wondering how compatible current marine bits will be for converting these big fellas? From what I can see, it looks like shoulder pads, heads, backpacks and weapons will likely be usable. Maybe not exact fits but close enough to work. Clearly legs, torsos and arms are different though I bet with some clever cutting that some current arms can be used (below the elbow probably).

These new marines seem ripe for converting. For as cool as they look they are also quite bland right off the sprue. Anyone else have thoughts on what may work?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scotthartman said:

So I've been reviewing the new Primaris marines and am wondering how compatible current marine bits will be for converting these big fellas? From what I can see, it looks like shoulder pads, heads, backpacks and weapons will likely be usable. Maybe not exact fits but close enough to work. Clearly legs, torsos and arms are different though I bet with some clever cutting that some current arms can be used (below the elbow probably).

These new marines seem ripe for converting. For as cool as they look they are also quite bland right off the sprue. Anyone else have thoughts on what may work?

Once the multi part kits come yes, the starter kit ones are snap fit so it would be a lot more work converting

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scotthartman said:

Very compatible. Got a chance to watch a couple of GG employees assemble their store's starter box. Should be exact fit for shoulder pads, heads, backpacks and weapons. torso is about the same size, with mainly the legs being different. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Once the multi part kits come yes, the starter kit ones are snap fit so it would be a lot more work converting

That makes sense. I understand why GW does that but I wish they would split the models in an easier to mix way. Hopefully they release the regular kits soon after the main release.