Post Apocalypse Koyote

Koyote

One more critter checked off the Dangerous Creatures table.  Similar  I used a very simple technique to knock these models out rather quickly.  This time, rather than using Contrast paints, I used multiple coats of washes: GW's Drakenhof Nightshade for the body and a Nuln Oil for the wings.

Big Skeeters

LRmh2C.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Much of my "hobby time" has been consumed  other projects, but I finally got back to my painting table long enough to put some paint on the Terror Turkey.  

The model is made by Bear's Head Miniatures.  Bear's Head named it a Terror Turkey, but to me it looks like a Cenozoic era Terror Bird with the tail of a Mesozoic microraptor.  I changed the model's tail so it looks more like it's namesake.  I emphasized the turkey aspect even more by using photos of wild turkeys to serve as a rough guide for how I painted it.

hYygm2.png

Ruleswise, the Terror Turkey will be a Mutant Horror with the Big and Crushing Claws mutations. the latter is intended to replicate the attack caused by its massive beak.  I suppose I could replace Crushing Claws with the Wings mutation, but it's wings are pretty wimpy, so my Terror Turkey will be a flightless avian.

Terror Turkey (Mutant Horror)

NogveK.jpg

8ikFRk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 9:30 AM, Koyote said:

These look amazing. They also sell tar pits/pools and a river of tar.

mmQABp.jpg6bsaLC.jpg

On Saturday, my 'Battlefield in a Box' Toxic River arrived in the mail.  1534797213.9167-smiley.gif

I don't own any of GF9's river sets, so I can't compare the quality of the toxic river pieces to GF9's other products, but these pieces have some good weight to them and they look and feel fairly durable. The paint job is quite good and the each piece has a matte finish, which even though it's supposed to be "goo", I prefer.

The set is bit spendy, but the shipping was free, it arrived fairly quickly, and the set includes enough river pieces to make a six feet of river.  Overall, I feel like I got my money's worth.  1534797201.7229-smiley.gif

Now it's time to get to work on some post-apoc bridges.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished painting my Rad Zombies.

TNT Rad Zombie aren't supernatural, Night of the Living Dead zombies, but are rather humans infected with a peculiar form of radiation sickness that makes them zombie-like.  With this in mind I purchased Pig Iron Productions' Infected models and painted their flesh with a mix of GW's Rakarth Flesh and Kislev Flesh with greenish grey shading.  The tones and the shading are a bit subtle, so they did't come across in the photo very well.

TNT's fluff states that "[l]egend has it that most rad zombies are Last Americans irradiated during the Great Fall."  As such, I am comfortable using the model in the mini-skirt and the model in the blue hospital gown.  The latter is open in the back so clearly rad zombies have no sense of modesty.

VT17Za.jpg

My TNT table represents an ruins of a downtown neighborhood where once stood some the city's oldest buildings, like Seattle's Pioneer Square.  In keeping with this, I picture the footbridges over my toxic river as something you would see in city park designed by the American landscape architect, Fredrick Olmsted.   Any wooden bridges would have burned up in the nuclear firestorm or rotted away over time.  Conversely, since stone structures built in early 20th century were built to last, I can envision some of them surviving the centuries, more or less, intact.

The design of TT Combat's Stretto Bridge match my vision for these bridges.  I was a bit concerned that the arch wouldn't be wide enough, but you can see it crosses the narrow sections of the river with room to spare, and the abutments lie flat on the table.  It's a good thing too, because I bought 3-pack.  🙂  

RQag9S.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1