Why the hell am I now starting a display board!

9 minutes ago, splinx said:

I'm about 40hrs out from OFCC and decided to do a display board for my Dread Elves. I have to work 8hrs tomorrow which leaves me 38hrs (with sleep somewhere in between) to try and get it done. Here goes. LOL 

Good lord man, I tip my hat to you sir! I've started an essentially new position at my job, so these last 3 weeks have been insane. My Tusker Cavalry are sadly going to be stuck in the realm of "3 color minimum" for this year :angry:.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Good lord man, I tip my hat to you sir! I've started an essentially new position at my job, so these last 3 weeks have been insane. My Tusker Cavalry are sadly going to be stuck in the realm of "3 color minimum" for this year :angry:.

Bummer man! Well at least they won't be plastic old chap and after a few drinks I don't think anyone will care. :) 

• Like 1

So after a few hours sleep i have carved out some styrofoam and have got a rough idea of where everything is going on the board. On my lunch break today I'm gonna shoot home and use some filler and get some stuff sculpted and then onto painting tonight. LOL

• Like 1

Your dedication is impressive. Funny how painting figurines is the only way to convince yourself to pull an "all nighter". Reminds me of me and my roommate's 24 hour painting marathon OFCC 2015. Burned thru a 12oz bag of stumptown and nearly the entire Blueprints of Armageddon from Dan Carlin (which on an aside, if you have never heard of Dan Carlin, you are missing out!)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Your dedication is impressive. Funny how painting figurines is the only way to convince yourself to pull an "all nighter". Reminds me of me and my roommate's 24 hour painting marathon OFCC 2015. Burned thru a 12oz bag of stumptown and nearly the entire Blueprints of Armageddon from Dan Carlin (which on an aside, if you have never heard of Dan Carlin, you are missing out!)

Dan Carlin is sooooo good. "Prophets of Doom" was probably my favorite to date!

9 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

If you have not yet, check out Destroyer of Worlds (came out this year). It is pretty sobering.

If only he would do a podcast on the Old World + Lustria. I don't much care about the rest.

Destroyer of Worlds was so good too! I think I've heard everything past "Thor's Angels," except for "American Peril," which I'm about 1/2 way through.