BF preview of the rest of 2017 - with caveats

barca

" Moving forward we are going to have to continue to make tough choices about what is in the books and what is not. We don't make them lightly and we (as a team) definitely have robust discussion before committing to leaving anything out a book.""

That is disappointing, but not surprising.

What gets my goat is this whole process of forcing existing players to wait on a glacial release schedule to get the new v4 mid-war army lists.  It stinks of GW.  Just BF trying to convince impatient players to buy and build a new army while waiting for the lists to be released for the army they REALLY want to play.  No thanks.  I can wait another year, but really, the last time I did that with a GW game, I never picked it up again.

A lot of people have unfortunately come to the same conclusion. Honestly at this point I'm having a lot of fun playing Team Yankee.  There's enough history to keep it interesting, but given the setting is at least partially fictional there is a little less overhead.  Sure, there are a lot of pieces of equipment they haven't released yet, but it is a good base game and is fun. And the lack of depth doesn't hurt it at this point.  Unfortunately the lack of depth is crippling in FoW since it had that depth less than a year ago...

On 8/9/2017 at 9:22 AM, barca said:

I feel your pain.

The resin  model - blister pack US101 M3 75mm GMC - is still available, but a case can be made for including a box set for this, printing unit cards and listing it in the "Fighting First" book, since, in addition to US units in Tunisia:

The 75mm is in the Fighting first. Seems the US got most of thier goodies.

Ok I understand now. Yes they cut out the good cheap tank hunters. I was not understanding your issue you just kept saying 75mm GMC, not the tank hunter part. I am decent at the history but no where near excellent esp with the American stuff to many numbers. I was not arguing with you but trying to understand. It is very easy to misunderstand in this medium.  You seem to be very annoyed argumentative over this so I will refrain from future comments. You were right I was wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

On 8/17/2017 at 12:43 PM, barca said:

A quick preview of the UNIT CARDs for the T30 HMC and the M10 GMC at Behind Enemy lines article leads me to think we could mock up an unofficial unit card for our own "club" for the M3 75mm GMC...and just not post it online nor share it outside our group.

Movement and armor from T30 HMC UNIT CARD

Morale and training from M10 GMC UNIT CARD

Get the Gun stats from the North Africa handbook

Or this unofficial unit card would work.

https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=5780

13 hours ago, Souldier3 said:

... I plan to also get a battery of 155s but they are not in Fighting First. Is that because they were not available until later?

Yes, they were present, and were likely used in fire missions.
See UNITED STATES ARMY IN WORLD WAR II, The Mediterranean Theater of Operations: NORTHWEST AFRICA: SEIZING THE INITIATIVE IN THE WEST, by George F. Howe

Here are quotes from that book that refer to US Army 155mm Howitzers and 155mm field guns:

p. 338-339
22-23 DEC '42 ... Longstop Hill by the 2d Battalion, Coldstream Guards. After Longstop had been secured, the Coldstreams were to hand it over before dawn to the 1st Battalion, U.S. 18th Infantry (Combat Team 18, 1st ID)...Combat Team 18 of the U.S. 1st Infantry Division moved up from Oran with elements of the U.S. 36th Field Artillery Regiment (155-mm. guns) for the final attack.

p. 411
Elements of the 168th Combat Team 2d Battalion, 17th Field Artillery Regiment (155-mm. howitzers), were placed astride the Sidi Bou Zid-Ain Rebaou road at the base of Djebel Ksaira ... (perhaps 12-13 Feb?)

p. 466
approx 20-21 FEB '43: The twelve 155-mm. howitzers of the 34th Field Artillery Battalion were emplaced during the early hours of 22 February along the road running west from Thala ...

p. 563
Photo of "Loading a 155-mm. Howitzer"

p614
23 APR '43: Allotted to the 1st Infantry Division's initial attack were its own three battalions of 105-mm. howitzers and one battalion of 155-mm. howitzers supplemented by the corps artillery of six battalions of 105-mm. (of which five were armored), three battalions of 155-mm. howitzers, and two battalions of 155-mm. field guns (less one battery). The 9th Infantry Division had four battalions of 105-mm. howitzers (of which one was armored) , two battalions of 155-mm. howitzers, and one battery of 155-mm. guns.'

p. 616
23 APR '43: For the 47th Infantry's attack toward the Djefna position, the 84th and 185th Field Artillery Battalions, and four 155-mm. guns of Battery C, 36th Field Artillery Battalion,