This is Not a Test

Wiccus

7 hours ago, Wiccus said:

First of all totally do pygmies Nathan. Secondly, will everyone be good to go next week? Or should we wait one more week in case people are still building minis?

And finally should we do a bits swap/order? I need to get some stuff like shotguns and sniper rifles.

Well I have no models yet, I've read the rules but wanna do it again and I get payed tomorrow so I plan on buying models tomorrow. I would prefer to wait but I can proxy if anything.

I just scheduled a demo game of X-Wing with Jim for next week. Although maybe both games are short enough to fit into an evening?

Should be good on minis, but a start next week might see a few proxies, as many men are in the mail.

Having a common bits pool to work with might not be a bad idea, especially as equipment changes.

I've created a Google Drive folder titled TNT.  In it I've placed the TNT FAQ, the (free) Mutant Cannibals warband rules, and two Warband Rosters.

TNT Warbands Roster 3PD is a "dumb" PDF file, in that it's a standard PDF file that you can print and then write on. 

TNT Warbands Roster 3P is a 'smart' PDF file with fields that you can fill in without having to use a PDF writer, like Acrobat DC.  I've decreased the font size for the Equipment and Special Rules fields so that you can fit in two lines of text.  Since all of the fields can be edited with a simple PDF reader, you could go 'paperless' and during game play, reference and make changes to your roster from a laptop or other device.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BythI55dxRT4VUdlNzJTOVJpNEU

• Like 1

Koyote and I got in a game yesterday to try out some of the rules. After the game I went and looked up if we did stuff wrong (of course we did, it was our first game) and found a couple of things.

When firing on burst with a weapon, if you jam on the first shot, you can use your second action to take one of the jams away instead of firing.

You can fire a gun when prone.

If you fail a graze test and are in cover, you move back three inches unless there is no cover to move in then you must go prone.

When flipping cards during the search phase, I think you flip them one at a time and choose to re-flip instead of flipping all of them and choosing which ones.

I think thats it for now. 

• Thanks 1

Cool. Thanks for looking these things up.

I knew you could fire from the prone position. Your mutant gunner needed to  stand up to fire because while prone, he could not see over the barrier he was behind.

The grazed test clarification makes sense, since models spend so much of the game in cover. 

On 8/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, Koyote said:

I've created a Google Drive folder titled TNT.  In it I've placed the TNT FAQ, the (free) Mutant Cannibals warband rules, and two Warband Rosters.

TNT Warbands Roster 3PD is a "dumb" PDF file, in that it's a standard PDF file that you can print and then write on. 

TNT Warbands Roster 3P is a 'smart' PDF file with fields that you can fill in without having to use a PDF writer, like Acrobat DC.  I've decreased the font size for the Equipment and Special Rules fields so that you can fit in two lines of text.  Since all of the fields can be edited with a simple PDF reader, you could go 'paperless' and during game play, reference and make changes to your roster from a laptop or other device.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BythI55dxRT4VUdlNzJTOVJpNEU

I've added the Robot Rampage article (5 new robot types) and the rules for Remnant Warbands.

Enjoy. :cool:

Joey, the Staking a Claim scenario from the Kickstart the Wasteland supplement should be our fourth scenario for the mini-campaign.  Like with Snipe Hunt, Little Slice of Heaven, and Cold Vengeance, it doesn't require the players to supply additional models, like cargo animals or a horde of rad zombies. 

Also, Joey, send me a list of the weapons you need for your warband and I'll see what I can do.

Well for the purposes of this mini campaign we will be limiting it to 2 games per week to try and keep it a bit balanced. No worries about minis sizes Also there is sometching I couldn't find an answer for but I will make a call as it's a pretty common wargaming convention. You may move through your own units as long as you can make it past their base. But you may not move through enemies.

For setting we can just do generic post apocalypse. I tend to build my war bands with the idea that they are from the pnw but it really doesn't matter.

First scenario will be cold vengeance as that's the simplest one. Pairings aren't important but I do want people to rotate each week for the primary scenario anyways.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.