This is Not a Test

Wiccus

Here's the latest round of Q&A from Joey McGuire.

Model X is hit by a ranged shot and then, prior to initiative passing, a model with Vampiric Aura (or similar ability that reduces Def), moves to within 4” of Model X.   When initiative passes, does Model X make its Weapon Strength vs Def test at a penalty or is the Def penalty ignored (for that shot), because the ranged shot occurred before Model X’s Def was reduced by the Vampiric Aura?

I would aim at keeping this simple.  Since we only resolved hits when play passes, I would apply all relevant effects active at that time.  So I would apply the penalty from Vampiric.

Is it safe to assume that a model with the Motivator skill does not receive the +1 bonus to its own Activation rolls?

Quite right.

Does a ranged weapon equipped with Pre-Fall ammo receive the range bonus from the Range Finder skill?

Yes since the weapon itself is not a relic.

If a model is armed with a grenade launcher and multiple grenade types, may that model switch between grenade types during a game, in the same way a missile launcher may switch between anti-armor and anti-personnel missiles?

Yes.

If a model is armed with a grenade launcher an multiple grenade types, does it make only one Limited Ammo roll and apply the result to the total number of shots it can make during the scenario, or does it make a separate Limited Ammo roll for each grenade type and use the sum of the rolls to determine the number of shots it can make with each grenade type during a scenario?

I would say once for each type, a benefit to buying alternative rounds.

May a model that is ‘locked in combat’ spend an AP to perform a non-combat related stat-test, such as making a strength test to destroy a zombie nest?

As long as it’s not expressly forbidden by the rules for Base Contact under the Melee section, generally speaking, I would allow it. In this instance, I see the mission to destroy the nest, may override the model's personal safety.  That being said, I would agree with your fellow players to disallow certain actions that while may not break the rules per se, may not make sense.

If a psychic protected by Mind Shield starts its activation ‘locked in combat’ is it permitted to make a Will test to “maintain concentration”?

I would allow this as it is not expressly forbidden.

Does failing a Stun or Knockout survival test prevent a psychic protected by Mind Shield from making a Will test to “maintain concentration”?

A definitive yes as they are not conscious.

May a model charge two models simultaneously if it can end its move in base-to-base contact with both enemy models?

Yes.

If a model is taken out-of-action in melee, does fallen model remain in base contact with model who took it out-of-action?

I would say yes if the killing models wants them to be, say to make it easier to loot the model.

May a model with the Medic ability (or Healing Touch) revive a fallen model that is in base-to-base contact with an enemy model?  If so, is the now-prone revived model treated as being in base-to-base contact with said enemy model?

Now this one is a bit of a pickle, but I would say yes to both.

Can model with the Natural Weapons rule (e.g. Feral Mutants) wield melee or ranged weapons?

Yes

If a model fails a graze test, does it have to move away from the shooter to seek cover, or can it make it’s 3” move to cover in such a way that it brings the model closer to the shooter?

The model will go to the nearest cover that takes it further away from the shooter if possible.  If the only cover is closer, than it can move closer. The main caveat is that it ends up in cover.

Does armor help protect models from the hits inflicted by any of the following Hazards, and if so, does one use the armor’s melee or ranged bonus?

1 Calamitous Storm

2 Dormant Ordnance

3 Emberquake

4 Ripwinds

Good questions.  Since all of these involved some type of velocity strike, I would allow ranged to apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Joseph McGuire ask me to compile all of the Q&A form our correspondence with some additional questions and the existing FAQ & QA from the website.  You should see the FAQ V1.5 appear on the World's End Publishing website fairly soon.  Attached to this post is what I submitted to him.  It's in Word because the PDF version exceeds the max upload file size for this message board.

Enjoy.

On 10/1/2017 at 1:08 PM, Koyote said:

Joseph McGuire ask me to compile all of the Q&A form our correspondence with some additional questions and the existing FAQ & QA from the website.  You should see the FAQ V1.5 appear on the World's End Publishing website fairly soon.  Attached to this post is what I submitted to him.  It's in Word because the PDF version exceeds the max upload file size for this message board.

Enjoy.

TNT Q&A Master.docx

The FAQ is official.  Joseph posted in on the 'TNT Official Facebook Group.'

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.