"Minihammer" - 10mm 9th Age?

4 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Hey, this thread! Curious if there are still people in the area interested in playing some “Minihammer?” It’s not nearly as big of a plunge to get into 10mm (priced out my army at ~$100 with the bases / trays), just wanted to see what the interest level is before I start grabbing them sweet pewter Dryads, heh.

New page

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, GalaxyChief said:

Are you using warmaster minis for this system?

You can use Warmaster minis (right scale), you would just need to separate the "stands" into individual models for the most part, since casualties are removed by model, ala Warhammer. I would use Warmaster minis if I owned any, but there are a ton of companies out there that make 10mm Fantasy stuff for cheaper that what I can get WM stuff on ebay for, so I'll probably go that route.

6 minutes ago, GalaxyChief said:

I have an empire army from when it was originally released. The game never caught on in my area so the minis got boxed up and come to the surface of my pile of shame at times. 

What other manufactures offer decent 10mm fantasy minis?

The Minihammer Facebook group has a pinned post with a ton of great links:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/minihammer/getting-started-with-minihammer/1913072358932429/

Can't recall if the group requires you to join or not to view it. They also have most of the links here (1st post):

https://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?thread/23978-minihammer-10mm-portable-adventures-in-the-ninth-age/&pageNo=1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about how to do a Daemon army in minihammer and had some questions that people might be able to answer (I hope).  So for scale, I'm wondering if the 10mm warmaster daemon hordes or the 6mm epic daemons would work better, almost seems like the epic scale minis are larger than the warmaster minis? 

Also, I have some older Metal GW Daemon minis, do you guys think the old metal greater daemons would be a semi appropriate scale for minihammer greater daemons?  They fill a 50mm round about as much as the new GDs fill a 100mm round, but I'm concerned about height.

I'm thinking one of the old metal Daemon Princes could work for a bloodthirster as well.

Another idea was to model plastic bloodletters with harpy wings to create minihammer flying daemon princes. 

What about brimstone horrors (cut in twain) as pink horrors, think they would fit a 12.5mm base?  I don't own any, so I can only guess at scale...

2 hours ago, Kelharis said:

I was thinking about how to do a Daemon army in minihammer and had some questions that people might be able to answer (I hope).  So for scale, I'm wondering if the 10mm warmaster daemon hordes or the 6mm epic daemons would work better, almost seems like the epic scale minis are larger than the warmaster minis? 

Also, I have some older Metal GW Daemon minis, do you guys think the old metal greater daemons would be a semi appropriate scale for minihammer greater daemons?  They fill a 50mm round about as much as the new GDs fill a 100mm round, but I'm concerned about height.

I'm thinking one of the old metal Daemon Princes could work for a bloodthirster as well.

Another idea was to model plastic bloodletters with harpy wings to create minihammer flying daemon princes. 

What about brimstone horrors (cut in twain) as pink horrors, think they would fit a 12.5mm base?  I don't own any, so I can only guess at scale...

Unfortunately I don't know about Warmaster vs Epic, having never really played or owned either system. Not sure about the Brimstone Horrors either.

Regarding the old metal GW Daemon minis, I'm sure the old metal Great Daemons / Daemon Price would be much to big for the scale, at least for a Greater Daemon. In 9th Age, I think the Greater Daemon are on chariot bases? 50x100, so they would have to fit on 25x50 bases for minihammer. I know the old GW Greater Demons are smaller than the current by a long shot, but I think you would have trouble squeezing them on a 25mm base. They would probably work for something like a Soul Grinder (equivalent) though, since the 100x150 would still be a 50x75 base in Minihammer.

27 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Unfortunately I don't know about Warmaster vs Epic, having never really played or owned either system. Not sure about the Brimstone Horrors either.

Regarding the old metal GW Daemon minis, I'm sure the old metal Great Daemons / Daemon Price would be much to big for the scale, at least for a Greater Daemon. In 9th Age, I think the Greater Daemon are on chariot bases? 50x100, so they would have to fit on 25x50 bases for minihammer. I know the old GW Greater Demons are smaller than the current by a long shot, but I think you would have trouble squeezing them on a 25mm base. They would probably work for something like a Soul Grinder (equivalent) though, since the 100x150 would still be a 50x75 base in Minihammer.

Ah.  Yes, I guess I should have read the rules for base size clarification.  Thanks for the response!  Chariot base would definitely make using the new GUO model difficult in T9A for sure.  I'll just need to keep looking for suitable greater daemon models that fit a cavalry base seems like.

1 hour ago, Kelharis said:

Ah.  Yes, I guess I should have read the rules for base size clarification.  Thanks for the response!  Chariot base would definitely make using the new GUO model difficult in T9A for sure.  I'll just need to keep looking for suitable greater daemon models that fit a cavalry base seems like.

I think any of the 25mm demon models will serve you well; I'm looking at building Sylvan Elves, and I'm planning on using the normal Dryads for Treefathers. 

• 1 month later...

I have a large tin full of humans at 10mm, could be Empire or Brettonians. If someone is interested in them let me know. I could potentially be coerced into playing them as well. 

Edit: Forgot that I got rid of those minis. Is mini-hammer a thing though? Might be better then trying to start up AoS which I've been considering.

Edited by scotthartman

23 hours ago, scotthartman said:

I have a large tin full of humans at 10mm, could be Empire or Brettonians. If someone is interested in them let me know. I could potentially be coerced into playing them as well. 

Edit: Forgot that I got rid of those minis. Is mini-hammer a thing though? Might be better then trying to start up AoS which I've been considering.

It's a "thing" in that there is a big online community for it, but I don't think anyone in the area plays it.