Spartan Games has gone out of business

Brother Glacius

Damn, and they almost had the funding for the new Kickstarter. I'm not surprised though, they were very scatter brained developers that couldn't seem to focus on any one game. Even with great models, their rulesets were nothing spectacular, and their leadership seems pretty lacking. 

Also, apparently its up to the buyer to get their money back from the credit cards companies (yeah right) if an order is unfulfilled.... talk about a kick in the ass as the door slams shut.

6 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Well, just because the company closed its doors, didn't suddenly make everyone's rulebooks disappear. The download section of their website is still up as well, so if you need rules or the latest orbats, you can still get them.

I haven't totally given up on their games, but I was hoping to see what vers 3 of the FA rules would bring. I read they were posted to the Spartan forums, but those are closed. Will have to make sure I have copies of DW and Planetfall. Haven't played the with the most recent rules for the former, or gotten a game of the latter in at all.

Seems like a good thing. I didn't think the company was handling itself well, or it's products. Means that the fans of the game can make their own rules without disputes from the company. And they already have lots of models out in circulation. Kinda like 9th age for WHFB.

If someone on ordo wants to make their own rulebook for Firestorm Armada, I'll at least read it. I recall Stoobert was tinkering with some interesting concepts, a while back. 

On 8/31/2017 at 11:16 AM, paxmiles said:

If someone on ordo wants to make their own rulebook for Firestorm Armada, I'll at least read it. I recall Stoobert was tinkering with some interesting concepts, a while back. 

Yeah, he has mention elsewhere online having ideas for the v3 rules. And there is one effort lead by a former Spartan employee, although there seems to be mixed feeling about his work.