Spartan IP acquired by Wayland Games / Warcradle Studios

MoonWyrd

• 2 months later...

Interesting stuff...

Short summary:
- Dystopian Wars and Wild West Exodus will be folded into a new setting
- Wild West Exodus will be part of the FSA background
- The supernatural elements in WWX will get scientific explanations (no more magic)
- Other factions from the Dystopian Wars universe may be introduced to WWX
- Armoured Clash returns as a 10mm game

This was taken from http://ttfix.blogspot.com/

• Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

I am not liking the lore changes in the dystopian wars verse that are being perposed by warcradle. Basically, the whole alternative WWI political state is nixed? Africa is a land battle sand box now where every land battle in the world will be taking place? And, all navel engagements have a gentleman's agreement to be fought away from land on the open oceans so that there is no collateral damage? what kind of feel good bumper cars war style is this!? am i hearing this correctly?!

what are others thoughts on this change? I hope I'm not just yelling in the wind haha

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

FYI for those still interested... Two years on from this purchase, it's pretty clear that Warcradle's primary interest in Spartan was Dystopian Wars which is aligned/merged with Wild West Exodus.  They are still separate games, sort of (it's complicated) but both getting rebooted models and rules.  Selected Firestorm Armada models are available again in limited runs via Warcradle directly.  FSA 3.0 rules gets an occasional mention but nothing released as of yet.  The Halo property was lost in the sale (licensing) and there is no mention of Uncharted Seas yet either.

• Like 1