Cold weather priming

Swan-of-War

if I were to prime stuff now... I would do it inside (warm w/lower humidity)... in a paint booth.  easier if you have an airbrush for sure.

- But keep an eye on the humidity - wait till mid day - and good luck if your doing it out side (do a test piece for sure).  I have had mixed results in the past with cold weather priming.  These days I try to prime lots of things in the summer - and just stack it up for winter painting lol.

-d

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I tend to ignore it, and just be thankful when it isn't raining...I don't exactly have a covered area to do this and I can't do it indoors because the appartment doesn't ventilate well. But I have noticed a difference between warm weather and cold weather priming. I wouln't be surprised if some paint on the market works better in the cold, than others. I'm still using Duplicolor Sandable Primer which works reasonably well in the cold, but there certainly is a difference. 

What brands are you using?