T9A Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread

On 11/14/2017 at 9:34 PM, Zeev said:

KoW seems to have won out here in Seattle my efforts to string together some kind of community have all met with failure. 

I would be glad to get some kind of event together I just need to find a store to host it lol

There is a Facebook group for KoW players in the Washington area that is active. I personally don't use Facebook as I prefer boards like Ordo. Most FLGS in my area are MTG heavy, even though I did check out Blind Dragon Hobbies (in Kent) per @TheBeninator suggestion and they do have all open wargaming (WFB, T9A, 40K, KoW, etc.) on Sundays.

32 minutes ago, Grensche said:

There is a Facebook group for KoW players in the Washington area that is active. I personally don't use Facebook as I prefer boards like Ordo. Most FLGS in my area are MTG heavy, even though I did check out Blind Dragon Hobbies (in Kent) per @TheBeninator suggestion and they do have all open wargaming (WFB, T9A, 40K, KoW, etc.) on Sundays.

Sweet, how many tables did they appear to have? Did you see the terrain selection? 

I think it would be OK to solicit in the KOW FB group to see if any of them would be interested in T9A. My guess is that most of them are familiar with WHFB. If we had enough Portcouver and bham folks we could pair out to help teach the game. Perhaps too ambitious?

15 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Sweet, how many tables did they appear to have? Did you see the terrain selection? 

I think it would be OK to solicit in the KOW FB group to see if any of them would be interested in T9A. My guess is that most of them are familiar with WHFB. If we had enough Portcouver and bham folks we could pair out to help teach the game. Perhaps too ambitious?

That I do not know. I emailed them once but no response, I'll give them a call once my armies are up to snuff. I don't have facebook (permanently deleted it), I believe @ClassicFlava is your go-to guy in all things KoW in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Grensche said:

That I do not know. I emailed them once but no response, I'll give them a call once my armies are up to snuff. I don't have facebook (permanently deleted it), I believe @ClassicFlava is your go-to guy in all things KoW in Seattle.

Sweet, thanks!

I dont blame you on the FB thing. As Fergie famously said "Don't want no drama drama"

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Anyone interested in a battle this Saturday? 4500 pts, new rules, lots of learning.

Chomping at the bit to play some 2.0, but my "Honey-Do" list is filled up next weekend. On the plus side, it should result in a totally revamped hobby area: new desk, storage, the whole 9 yards. Also waiting for some reinforcements to come in from Ebay; Couple of "Titan Mortars" from Titan Forge and some "Gunnery Teams" in the form of my favorite Kharadron Overlords. Now I just need to get my hands on some ~60 Orcs and I'll be in business...

2 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Chomping at the bit to play some 2.0, but my "Honey-Do" list is filled up next weekend. On the plus side, it should result in a totally revamped hobby area: new desk, storage, the whole 9 yards. Also waiting for some reinforcements to come in from Ebay; Couple of "Titan Mortars" from Titan Forge and some "Gunnery Teams" in the form of my favorite Kharadron Overlords. Now I just need to get my hands on some ~60 Orcs and I'll be in business...

Ahh, the Kharadron monocles finally hit your fancy eh?

Welcome to dark side :D

• 2 weeks later...