TheBeninator

T9A Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread

12 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I would have to bring out the Ogres AND my Chaos bois to get 10K points, lulz

Do it! Just make 2x 5,000 point armies. You can share your generals and BSBs.

Perhaps we would want to increase magical power dice by some factor?

Shoooooot, if i had room at my place to have like 4 tables i totally would be down to host. There is Mox in Seattle & Bellevue, I think they only have 4 tables. I dont know how hard it would be to reserve them. 

MOX Bellevue has a whole tournament room that could be used.  Don't know about scheduling, though.  You might also check Heroic Knight games.  Frankly, I could probably host a 3 table get together at my house.  But you would have to bring the pizza and beer.

Depends on how many people we could get to show up. If the Bellingham guys and the Portland guys travel we could have a good sized group. Wouldn’t want to impose that on anyone to host. But if it is a small group, I gladly would bring beer and pizza. 

Next step would be a dry-test for scheduling, right? Make up a date, ask a host location if they have capacity for.... 8? What's our estimate number? Then turn around and ask people in our communities would do such. Assume like 40-50% chance of follow through from respondents.

4 hours ago, OreoGolem said:

Next step would be a dry-test for scheduling, right? Make up a date, ask a host location if they have capacity for.... 8? What's our estimate number? Then turn around and ask people in our communities would do such. Assume like 40-50% chance of follow through from respondents.

40-50%, I appreciate your realism!

Could make those days work. 23rd is thanksgiving weekend so might be hard to get people, but we can ask around. I'll put up a poll in the PNW 9th Age Facebook group and see what people want. Also could do it here. Idk if there are poll options here

I feel like we have good turnout for local GTs, should try to do more small events in between tournaments to grow interest. Also gives people chances to test new lists and such if they dont get many games in on a regular basis.