Road to OFCC

I went with the red armour on the irondrakes because I really liked how they stand out from the ironbreakers and they both keep the elite look.  The gold trim was the only thing keeping them in line with each other.  I wanted to use red to represent the protection from fire.

The bases are a blast and I really like how they add to the "battle field" look.  I have been using the blood technical on every base.

Now, I'm working on the longbeards.  I have 10 models painted, and the process is going much faster than the breakers and drakes (I'm getting 10 models done in 2 days).  That gold trim took a lot of time and I was getting extremely bored doing it because of how hard it was for me to focus on it.  However, it's over with and I really like the outcome of the units.

Here's what's left:

Lord on Shieldbearers- I'm using the runelord on foot model as my lord (this army is led by a "counts as lord")

40 Longbeards- I'm just using the warrior kit (it works just fine, IMO)

15 Rangers- This is a bit tricky and frustrating.  The models are from Avatar of War and are extremely hard to get the arms into place on the models.  I'm hoping I can get them put together in a hurry because I think they will look extremely nice with the "huntsman" look I have planned for them.  Their base will also make them stand out from the rest of the army.  Their going to be standing on a slain giant!

Bolt Thrower

Flame Cannon

those look great!  i like the idea of going against the norm and giving breakers/drakes some more vibrant color!  yea ive heard alot of people loving AoW models for rangers because they look more like 'rangers'.  i also just used warriors for longbeards.  although the new longbeards look great(and so do the old metal ones) they are way too expensive for making 40 of them.  i actually havent finished my drakes... working on slayers right now.  

I like the idea of separate color schemes. Too many armies these days just look like the same mish-mash blend of colors. This way, it is easier to tell the difference between different types of units using different colors, yet the gold ties them together as an army.

Also, it indicates for me the bigger threat! Hahaha! I've played enough against irondrakes to know you take them out first, attrition-style. Looking good, MN.

Thanks, I wanted to show what the base looked like before I put the flame cannon on it.

I used the technical blood for the blood effects. I'll have to look at the name on the paint pot when I get home tonight. It works really good. I'm using it on all my bases and I used it on my dark elf chariots as well.

I need to add some blood to the metal knuckles on the flame cannon operator. He had to punch a few goblins and skaven. There was also a possibility that an ogre got to close to his beloved flame cannon as well ;)

I took a short break from my dwarves this weekend. I have 2 models I need to paint for my dark elves for the open. I painted an old hydra handler for one of my masters and I picked up an old metal mounted chaos sorcerer for my northern wastes theme. The master just needs the base done and I just put a wash on the sorcerer. I am also working on my counters for the event right now.

Here is the list of counters I'm working on:

Spell counters

Wound markers

Banners

I'll put up some pics when the above items are finished.

• Like 1

Chaos Sorcerer

ChaosSorcerer_01.jpg

Master

Master_01.jpg

Master_02.jpg

Those are the last two models I needed to paint for my Dark Elves OFCC Open list.  The chaos sorcerer goes with my theme for the tribes being bribed by Morathi.  He is the leader of the tribe who was bribed into service for the WItch King.  The Master for those who don't know, is one of the beast handlers from the old war hydra.  I like the model and this gave me a reason to paint him.

Here are some counters I've been working on:

Wounds Markers

WoundCounters.jpg

Doom and Darkness

DoomandDarkness.jpg

Plague of Rust

PlagueofRust.jpg

Enchanted Blades of Albian

EnchantedBladesofAlbian.jpg

Glittering Robe

GlitteringRobe.jpg

Final Transmutation

FinalTransmutation.jpg

The counters aren't anything fancy.  I just like to use them instead of placing cards all over the table.  I don't have counters for every spell I could use right now; however, this is an ongoing project of mine.  I hope you like them and get inspired to make your own!

• Like 1

hmm yea most the models aren't great.  i like the old cartoonish ones.  but i just found this one... and i may buy two lol you'll find out that copters are very important for this army.  we have no chaff and nothing beyond M3 so they are very great assets.  http://www.titan-forge.com/fantasy_miniatures_metal_beards_ancestral_zeppelins

Wooooo! We are going to be all sorts of fancy! Two display boards, and a cookie sheet ;)

Haha, my display board is a cookie sheet!  I should have the trees and the hill finished today.  The flock on the hill is going to be lighter though.  I kicked over the flock I was using for the main portion of the display board.  Oh well, hopefully it turns out ok.  I'm a bit stumped on what else to do with the hill though.  This is the first time I've done a display board and do anything with terrain.

Here's the completed display board:
DisplayBoard_04.jpg
DisplayBoard_05.jpg
DisplayBoard_06.jpg

So, I have a short narrative that each of my opponents will receive.  My army is Clan Greybeards and they reside in the Grey Mountains near Nuln and a goblin horde has been seen mustering towards Nuln and the horde intercepted some engineers accompanying a caravan to Nuln.  With that, my throng marches to war to assist The Empire with the incoming invasion.  This is why the display board is on the border of the hills/forest.