T9A OFCC 2018

On 8/13/2018 at 11:57 AM, TheBeninator said:

Grudge matches are totally allowed and encouraged!!

What is not allowed or encouraged, is to allow AoS to have more players than us!

They pulled ahead in tix sales, we must maintain our title!

Anyone who purchases a ticket within the next 24 hours receives unlimited high-fives for the entire tournament.

That's a $600 value, for the low price of one OFCC ticket! You'd be crazy not to buy now!

Pretty sure we got you beat on attendance!

5 minutes ago, MexicanNinja said:

Pretty sure we got you beat on attendance!

It's looking that way! I'll swallow my pride and offer my congratulations to all the game that's exactly the same as 40K, but with Sigmarines instead of Space Marines and all their weapons have dumb names Age of Sigmar players! Hold your Baleful Blood-Wrath Gore Axes™ and Celestial Grand Comet-Hammers® high!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

It's looking that way! I'll swallow my pride and offer my congratulations to all the game that's exactly the same as 40K, but with Sigmarines instead of Space Marines and all their weapons have dumb names Age of Sigmar players! Hold your Baleful Blood-Wrath Gore Axes™ and Celestial Grand Comet-Hammers® high!

There's always next year?

39 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

In a bizarre twist of fate, 40k is now using movement trays so it is actually closer to 9th age than it is to Age of Sigmar. For the record 40k stole their new edition from Age of Sigmar! HAHA!

40k.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Andrewgeddon said:

It’s quality over quantity anyways! I won’t even be going near the AOS tables. Also they won’t be getting any Scotch from me. It’s gonna be my opening line now. Do you play AOS? No then have a nice shot of Scotch! Lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, splinx said:

It’s quality over quantity anyways! I won’t even be going near the AOS tables. Also they won’t be getting any Scotch from me. It’s gonna be my opening line now. Do you play AOS? No then have a nice shot of Scotch! Lol 

We understand, not everyone can be good at hobbying...we drink the Red Dawn baby!

3 hours ago, Yarbicus said:

Thanks for an awesome weekend! I really appreciate how welcoming you all were to Thomas. He is already planning his army for next year.

Thank you both for coming down, and for a great last game to end the weekend, had a blast!

Also thanks to Thiel and Marietta for making the trek as well, and to John and Donnie for actually showing up this year :cool:

And as always, thank you to Ben for putting on another great OFCC for 9th Age! Out turn out maybe have been smaller than previous years, but the fun of 5 great games of 9th against 5 great opponents was in no way diminished!

• Like 2
  • Poop 1

I also want to extend my thanks to Steve, Thomas, Marietta, and Thiel for making the trek down and spending the high expenses it requires to participate from out of town, especially after I told you we would have a small turnout this year. I simply watched from the sidelines as you all self organized, decided on what terrain was, resolved edge cases, and provided an impeccable sportsmanship experience! Heck, even Thiel took the reigns and solved the puzzle for final round robin match ups (thank you Theil!).

The games had all sorts of twists and turns, with huge comebacks, and narrow last minute victories (Cuatl punch!). As per usual, I only took about 5% of the pictures I wanted to take, but I will be posting everything I have somewhere and will let you all know.

Also, CONGRATS to @Obsidiananubis for winning best painted! I failed to get you the metal before you had to head out (my apologies), but PM me your address and I will send it to you!

I did not hear anything bad about the scenarios, so i'm taking that as permission to keep them fairly standard, but a little weird. I got a lot of great advice from other TOs about what to incorporate into next year, the poems are out, but other participation antics will be added.

• Like 2