40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

53 minutes ago, Kelharis said:

Would it be at all feasible to do some sort of scavenger hunt over the 2 day weekend for scoring?

Edit: Page 4: More details required, give em up!

if you want to work with me to make this into an event for saturday night, shoot me a PM.

having one on sunday for pts is just mean. i know some ppl who wake up to a scavenger hunt for what happened to their shoes. or keys. or wallet. or shirt. or all of them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steel Angel said:

I have problems with sportsmanship score because most of the time it becomes the “Who I like best ” not the “ Who was the best sportsman “ score

there’s a big difference between who is the most entertaining and charming, and someone being a good sportsman.

extremely well said sir

Just got back from dinner to find us knee deep in page 4 :)

I am excited to see the good faith effort to keep this as a discussion and not just a way to run up the post count.

To reward that honorable behavior, allow me to share an exciting bit of news:

Team versus Team Challenges are returning this year to 40K! Take control over your destiny, settle that grudge match once and for all, and reforge bonds in the crucible of battle!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Skkipper said:

I need to find a team this year!!!!

who wants me?  

16 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Skkipper, I actually thought of you when talking to spork about a team. Since Derek is in texas being a dad, you and I are both teamless.

Count me in as well, it you're still looking. Skkipper, I know you're close to where I live so we can carpool down & back since I like driving.

I'm starting to get the idea maybe this tournament isn't for me.

I'm totally fine Morty warptiming himself. That tactic is good but not great.

I think smite was fine the way it was.

I paint very well, but my models are barely primed yet alone painted. I enjoy playing and building mostly.

I also could care less about themes or fluff. I just like what the models look like and if they are good.

That all being said, I want to go to this. Is there someone I can run lists by to see if they would be appropriate for the event? And I think I have a theme for a army. "The Golden Host" would be custodes, sanguinary guard and those gold imperial guard guys that I cant remember their name. Is this something that would be a acceptable theme? 

I think this was said before, but teams of two are ok, yes?

1 hour ago, SPaceORK said:

I'm starting to get the idea maybe this tournament isn't for me.

I think this was said before, but teams of two are ok, yes?

It is invitational   a unique event so you need want to get on a team with established players, probably. Instead, you might think about stopping by and checking it out this year, maybe doing some of the non-team event events. 

Page 2 says 4 person teams, as well.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, pretre said:

It is invitational so you need to get on a team with established players, probably. Instead, you might think about stopping by and checking it out this year, maybe doing some of the non-team event events. 

Page 2 says 4 person teams, as well.

Kinda sucks that an event that I was willing to completely change the way I play, to fit into the box of the way ordo does things, is out for me because I don't know the right people.

I think the first think that should been "leaked" is that this is by invitation only cause I didn't see that anywhere.

(This isn't aimed at you Pretre, just frustrated)

37 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

Kinda sucks that an event that I was willing to completely change the way I play, to fit into the box of the way ordo does things, is out for me because I don't know the right people.

How is it out for you? You've got what... 6 months to meet new people and find a team?

Ask around. Chances are there are tons of people already going in your area and they can either invite you to their team or form a new one.

36 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

#TeamTFG is what our team name should have been.

You, me, Colby.

We could have totally been #ThoseFriendlyGuys! 

Let me jump in here to clarify :)

OFCC is not an invitation only event. We do have a team approval process, but that is only to ensure that new teams understand the how this event differs from a normal tournament. We really do go out of our way to refer to OFCC as an event rather than a tournament. It is a celebration of the hobby we love and is all about having 5 great games over the course of the weekend.

We fully embrace soft scores and feel that good sportsmanship is not a goal, but a requirement for participation. Because we focus on all aspects of this hobby, our events require fully painted models. You are welcome to meet the minimum, but we love to recognize the teams and individuals that go well beyond that with their skill and creativity.

In the 40K team event, we offer no prizes for performance and instead acknowledge achievement with awards. This approach further supports the core values of the event and the club. The OFCC has always stood apart as an event unlike any other. Our approach may not be for everyone, but that does not mean we don't want it to be. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, SPaceORK said:

I think the first think that should been "leaked" is that this is by invitation only cause I didn't see that anywhere.

(This isn't aimed at you Pretre, just frustrated)

Also a captain would be your guy to run lists by... I'm looking into things and I have a soft spot for hard tourney players looking to tone it down and try the other side of gaming occasionally. 

My original team mates are pretty out so I'm possibly looking for a mostly merc team. Gotta make sure I can travel before committing 100%

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pretre said:

How is it out for you? You've got what... 6 months to meet new people and find a team?

Ask around. Chances are there are tons of people already going in your area and they can either invite you to their team or form a new one.

I am the only Ordite in Southern Oregon.  Offered him an in, but he declined. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Also a captain would be your guy to run lists by... I'm looking into things and I have a soft spot for hard tourney players looking to tone it down and try the other side of gaming occasionally. 

My original team mates are pretty out so I'm possibly looking for a mostly merc team. Gotta make sure I can travel before committing 100%

Frowwback, Skkipper, you, and I? Bring your knights!

• Like 1