40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

I'd actually go for 2500 pints but just 3 games,  2 Saturday and 1 Sunday. More time for clowning especially with teams close by and multiple challenge rounds... 2 challenges and one meet some new friends

Edit: total phone mistype but I'm leaving it...

Edited by VonVilkee
stupid phone
  • Like 2

I had tiny cups of mead (regular, raspberry and huckleberry) for objectives during the Friday tournament last year when I played mechanized Sisters and still won half my games over the course of the weekend.

The year before that I was trying to decide whether to play an all-Inquisition army (Arcoflagellants, before they were cool, in a Land Raider Crusader) or an Ork army with six units of 20-30 Grots each with a 1/3 chance of entering play by Deep Strike via Tellyportas.

OFCC is almost always fun (even facing that Armored Company which blew me off the table in two and a half turns and I could wander and watch other people's games for a change.) and the camaraderie in the evenings playing other games is what I really look forward to every year.

I'd say 2500 should have another restriction like you get one Brigade detachment to fill out, and anything else must be Auxilliary (-1 CP each) detachments if we were to go that route.

However, I do enjoy getting in more games and going to sub-2000 points is great since OFCC people wouldn't only bring the most points efficient units automatically.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

I'd say 2500 should have another restriction like you get one Brigade detachment to fill out, and anything else must be Auxilliary (-1 CP each) detachments if we were to go that route.

How am I supposed to have you on my team if you go around spouting stuff like "let's make it neigh impossible for IK to bring his knights!" 

I move to have the inquisition check LH and Frowbakks IPs. I suspect LH has multiple accounts. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

How am I supposed to have you on my team if you go around spouting stuff like "let's make it neigh impossible for IK to bring his knights!" 

I move to have the inquisition check LH and Frowbakks IPs. I suspect LH has multiple accounts. 

Dude, you can still take as many Knights as you want.... you'll just be in the position of building an army with negative Command Points.

Imagine how happy all your opponents would be to get a few more command points just for playing you....

EDIT: I'm not helping matters, am I?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

Dude, you can still take as many Knights as you want.... you'll just be in the position of building an army with negative Command Points.

Imagine how happy all your opponents would be to get a few more command points just for playing you....

My standard list is 6 CP with a single Detachment. So, I think I'd only be at 5 command points, if I read you right.

4 minutes ago, Romans832 said:

You and me both

This applies to you of all people the most game is so much truer to the fluff while actually being decently equitable. Still some problems but knowing the rules avoids so many of them just don't apply previous rules to the new edition that is fraught with dissatisfaction. 

12 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

just don't apply previous rules to the new edition that is fraught with dissatisfaction. 

Yeah, this has been the biggest problem, trying to carry baggage from earlier editions either because 40k, or because it is an updated version of stuff done away with.

Regardless, that is why I encouraged Skkipper to treat like a new game. It is amazing! It is also why I am so adamant about encouraging people to play against Super Heavies. They are intimidating. They aren't what they were in other Versions of 40k. 

Actually, that is a good representation. Earlier versions of 40k have been updated editions of the same game. This is a new version of 40k with a new, rebooted system. It draws on what worked, or was fun, and adds things.

/fanboi

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Yeah, this has been the biggest problem, trying to carry baggage from earlier editions either because 40k, or because it is an updated version of stuff done away with.

Regardless, that is why I encouraged Skkipper to treat like a new game. It is amazing! It is also why I am so adamant about encouraging people to play against Super Heavies. They are intimidating. They aren't what they were in other Versions of 40k. 

Actually, that is a good representation. Earlier versions of 40k have been updated editions of the same game. This is a new version of 40k with a new, rebooted system. It draws on what worked, or was fun, and adds things.

/fanboi

So well said! I haven't had so much fun making lists in  a long time. So much works or just feels right I can make drastically different lists instead of just tweaking a current idea for better effect/ game. 

• Thanks 1

I will be returning this year, without the mastodon (unless everyone begs me to bring it). I have already booked my plane tickets and rental car.

I hope to be piloting my own team of all Ohio locals this year.

I hope for 2000 pts as it is a nice round number.

Now what to call my team.....................

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1