This Is Not A Test Campaign

Koyote

CORRECTION: The experience point award for models that participated in Scenario #1: Chitinous Rustler, is two points per model, not one point per model.  As such, please add one experience point to each model that participated in the scenario.  If you need an rolls for advances,  please feel free to PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

w5AK3M.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SigurdBC said:

Scenario question for you @Koyote for "The Howling": Does only the winning warband get to make the Wolftooth Necklace as described at the end of the scenario or does each warband get to make a necklace from the slain wolves?

Oops.

It should read:

Wolf Tooth Necklace –An enterprising member of the winning warband has extracted a dozen of the slain wastewolves’ massive canines and strung them together to make a crude, but fearsome looking necklace.  When equipped, the Wolf Tooth Necklace gives the wearer the Confident skill. If the model already has the Confident skill, it gains no benefit from the necklace.  The necklace may be sold for 10 BS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

Brought my stuff with me to work so I can be at the shop around 4:20. Ready for some mutant cannibals on mutant cannibals?! 

The gathering of the clans, wherein we peaceably discuss the future of the wasteland and our shared role in it. Or wherein we just get drunk on Mee-Maw's shine and try to eat each other. My kids get home right around 4, and I'm planning on heading out at around 4:15. Feel free to set up terrain if I'm not there yet!

In keeping with my warband's post-apoc fishermen theme, I've armed two of my militamen with nets.  The current rules for nets create more questions than they answer, so I sent and email to TNT's author, Joey McQuire, asking him for some clarifications.  Below are his answers.

Q.  Does the Carrying Capacity rule (see p.46 of TNT rulebook) apply to nets?
A.  No.  Since nets are fairly low-powered, treat them as grenades. A model needn’t have a net ‘in hand’ in order to use it.

Q. May a model carry multiple nets?
A. Yes.

Q. If a model is hit with a net but that model has not yet had a chance to make its strength test in order free itself, is that model treated as being ensnared (i.e. it cannot take any actions except for psychic powers)?
A.  Yes.  If a model is hit by a net it is treated as ‘ensnared’ until that model passes a strength test.

Q. What happens if an ‘ensnared’ model fails a morale test or is otherwise compelled to move (e.g. a failed graze test)?
A. Being ensnared overrules any involuntarily movement (Grazed tests, etc.).

Q. Does an ensnared model suffer a melee penalty?
A. The ‘ensnared’ model’s melee stat is zero, but it is still allowed to roll a d10.

Q. The rule states that "[o]nce a net has been used to ensnare an opponent it is useless for the rest of the battle." Exactly what does this mean?
A. A net can be used once per battle, but it may be recovered after the battle so long as it didn’t hit its target.  If a thrown net successfully hits (ensnares) a model, it may not be recovered.

NDACfT.png

45 minutes ago, Kalahanarama said:

I am also short one game. I am available Saturday, Sunday or Monday after 4:30 if anyone also needs to play a make up game.

Hey do you want to get a game in this Sunday at 4:30 or 5? That will catch us both up. I still need to do some post-game stuff for my warband from my last game, but we should easily be able to fit a game in. 

WARBAND COST

At this point in the campaign each warband's individual Warband Cost starts to become increasingly important.  The Fighting Between Uneven Warbands rules can be found on pages 154-155 of the TNT rulebook.  If the difference between Warband Costs is 50 or greater, the warband with the lower cost is entitled to certain advantages.

The rules for calculating Warband Cost are on p.153 of the TNT rulebook.

Each model's BS Cost is its base/original cost plus the cost of all the equipment, armor, and weapons it carries.  The cost includes items that the warband didn't pay for, such as weapons found via encounters from the Wasteland Deck. 

If you upgrade a weapon with the large caliber or masterwork options, the cost of the upgrade is added to model's BS Cost

Please note that when a model gains a wound, that model's armor increases in value.  If you purchased the armor before gaining the wound, you don't have to pay any additional BS to 'upgrade' the armor, but the armor's new value becomes part of that model's BS Cost

Relics are also added to a model's BS Cost.  Unlike other items, if a relic is in the warband's 'Unused Inventory' that relic's cost IS added to the warband's overall Warband Cost.

The Hillfolk's base cost is 10.

The Wolftooth Necklace is not a relic, but it does increase the a model's BS Cost by 10.

A model's BS Cost is increased by 5 BS for each advance it received.  If the advance was an increase to the wound or mettle stat, the model's BS Cost is increased by 10.

EZn7H7.png

Several players need make-up games and at least one person will be out next Tuesday, so I'm pressing the pause button on the campaign.   Next week will be a make-up week.  If your warband has played 4 games,  you are welcome to show up with your warband and help other players catch up.  I will be there next Tuesday with my terrain and a ringer warband. 

The Springtime in the Wasteland campaign will resume on Tuesday, April 24th

qkpMf1.png

As the size of our warbands increase, the games take longer to resolve.  One way we can address this is, at some point, to limit the warbands to one game per week and extend the campaign a few more weeks.  At present, the campaign is scheduled to last 5 weeks plus a play-off game on the sixth week.  This equates to 10 games + 1 bonus game for the top four players.  If players wouldn't mind adding a couple of more weeks to the schedule, we could adopt the following schedule.

Week 1 - games #1 and #2

Week 2 - games #3 and #4

Week 3 - games #5 and #-6

Week 4 - game #7

Week 5 - game #8

Week 6 - game #9

Week 7 - game #10

Week 8 - Final Brawl

Thoughts?

I could agree to this. As noted above, with our warbands increasing in size and complexity with advances, which come with more skills to remember and potentially roll for in game, games are taking too long to be able to easily fit in more than one game a week. This is also coupled with the added time that it takes to carry out the post game sequence after each of those games. If we went to a schedule of 1 game a week with the campaign being extending I feel from personal experience that it would lessen the rush of the evening and give the players plenty of time to carry out their game and wrap up the post-game sequence, while also giving consideration to what people want to add to their warband during recruitment. This last bit can be long for some players, like me, who want to pour over the options in their "faction roster" to analyze what their warband needs and what will help their warband going forward. Also, with me having a lot of fun with this campaign so far I wouldn't mind extending the fun. Great job on the scenarios so far Shawn!

The Codex Machina supports this action. (Yes)

Unfortunate thing: I’ve been switched to night shift at work, so my playing hours are going to be a bit restricted to about 2:30-5:50PM.

I still want to participate in the campaign as much as I can, so if anybody is free for any day around that time I’d be grateful for a game. If you’re full on games there’s always the option of founding an alternate warband if so inclined.

6 hours ago, Scipiano said:

The Codex Machina supports this action. (Yes)

Unfortunate thing: I’ve been switched to night shift at work, so my playing hours are going to be a bit restricted to about 2:30-5:50PM.

I still want to participate in the campaign as much as I can, so if anybody is free for any day around that time I’d be grateful for a game. If you’re full on games there’s always the option of founding an alternate warband if so inclined.

Hey Jake if you are available this Thursday early afternoon we could get a game in. Other than that I'm available for make-up games this weekend as well. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.