This Is Not A Test Campaign

Koyote

So as of now work is messing with my schedule and making my weekends less available than they normally have been in the past. As always, Tuesday nights work for me. I would have to look at my work schedule on a week by week basis and see what day/part of the day I'm not working. For the next couple of weeks, Sunday the 30th would work in the evening anytime after 5pm. Saturday, July 6th would also work in the late morning/early afternoon, but I'd have to leave by about 1:40pm to make it to work. I hope this helps guys. 

The model on the left is from Copplestone Castings' Scavengers model line. When I purchased the model, I had intended to incorporate it into my post-apoc fishermen warband or to use it as a Freelancer.  In either case, I wanted to upgrade its weapon, so I replaced the model's original weapon with an assault rifle.  I don't quite yet know what I'm going to do with this model.  It will likely show up somewhere in the campaign.  

The robot is the from Hydra Miniatures Robot Legion model line.  I replaced the model's 1950s sci-fi death ray pistol with a much more fearsome weapon that, if memory serves, came from sci-fi weapon sprue made by Reaper Miniatures. The robot's head is indeed the head that came with the model, but it's not attached to the torso as the sculptor intended.  What is now the robot's "face" is actually the bottom of the head bit.  It's the 'ball' portion of the ball and socket  joint that connects to the head to the torso. By rotating the head, the model's head is now shaped like an elongated snout that looks, IMHO, more menacing than the original design. I've included a photo of the original model from the Hydra Miniatures' webstore so you can compare the two.

For the purpose of the campaign, the robot, R0-MLL, will provide Cyborg Hitler's goons some heavy firepower in the form of a plasma caster.

3N1mul.jpg

VALGit.jpg

Hydra Miniatures Optio (HYM-2208)

uk5IUH.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, Koyote said:

As part of my effort to break up all the grey on my TNT board, I'm going to add Western Washington's ubiquitous Himalayan blackberry bushes to my collection of TNT terrain.  Classified here in Washington as a noxious weed, this fast growing, thorny shrub is not native to our region.  If left uncontrolled it creates impenetrable thickets of thorny vines that out-competes all native understory vegetation.  Its berries are tasty, but because its very hard to kill and spreads quickly, it's essentially the cockroach of plant world. If any shrub is going to survive the apocalypse, it will be the Himalayan blackberry.

My tabletop version of these bushes are easy to make, and since I'm not making them from flock or moss, they are very durable and won't shed little bits everywhere.

I finally got around to finishing all twelve areas of blackberry bushes. Like their construction, painting them was a breeze.

3lCYGl.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

My TNT The Dog Days of Summer campaign got put on hold, in part, because Bobby had to drop out.  Jim agreed to sub for Bobby, but I got distracted by other projects and the TNT campaign got put on hold.  

Since I won't be going to Adepticon in 2020, my urgency to paint my SAGA Moors has drained away.  I'm still putting paint on Moors, but without a deadline, I find myself easily distracted.  One such distraction has taken the form of me finishing off some Peacekeepers I started in July.   Since Jim doesn't have Peacekeeper models of his own, he'll use these.  

From left to right: Road Marshal Kane (Road Marshal), Officer Smith (Officer), Officer Wesson (K-9 Handler), and Sid (K-9)

nTp4fm.jpg

• Like 2

Models look wonderful as always @Koyote My tribals are still all painted and ready to go whenever we want to get the TNT stuff off the ground. May be a little bit though since Blood Bowl has a 3 more rounds left. We could fit the campaign in on the Blood Bowl off weeks if both Jim and I had gotten our games in the previous week and Jake was available. 

1 hour ago, SigurdBC said:

Models look wonderful as always @Koyote My tribals are still all painted and ready to go whenever we want to get the TNT stuff off the ground. May be a little bit though since Blood Bowl has a 3 more rounds left. We could fit the campaign in on the Blood Bowl off weeks if both Jim and I had gotten our games in the previous week and Jake was available. 

Let's shoot for February or March.

I painted a reinforcement for the Peacekeepers.  They call him... Mister Tibbs.

Officer Tibbs (Officer)

AQC7vN.jpg

The model is from the Americano Mercenarios pack, made by Pulp Figures.

The next two models on my Post-Apoc workbench are a Quartermaster and a Tactical.  

The first model is Big Kris, made by Footsore Miniatures. The model needed a little something, and since it's supposed to be the Peacekeepers gunsmith, I added a backpack to carry his tools and extra ammo. You can't see the backpack from this angle, but you can see the greenstuff straps.

The second model is from Brother Vinni's Nuclear Sandlot model line.  It's a wonderfully dynamic model, but since it includes some very thin resin components, parts of the model are extremely fragile.  The model slipped from my hands and dropped a couple of inches onto my table.  The fall snapped both the ammo belt and bi-pod. I was able to pin and glue the belt back together.  If you look carefully, you can see the greenstuff I used to cover up the repair.  The bi-pod was a lost cause.  In hindsight, the legs of the bi-pod are so ridiculously thin, it was foolish of me to try and use it in the first place.  Unless you are painting this model purely for display, the bi-pod will eventually break.  I replaced the bi-pod with a length of wire that I shaped with needle-nose pliers and two tiny discs of greenstuff.

UWzEMN.jpg

• Like 2

Officer Barker (Officer) and Officer Tibbs (Officer)

oZPpfR.jpg

Even though my Peacekeepers don't wear uniforms, I want the warband to have a loosely uniform feel.  Working towards this end, I gave each a matte black firearm and painted their clothing and armor using a limited palette of colors.  After finishing Quartermaster Abraham and Tank, I realized that Officer Tibbs was the only  model without an article of green clothing, so I repainted his undershirt green.

I like Tibbs’ new shirt. Even without comparing him to the rest of the Peacekeepers, the olive drab shirt visually reads as “part of an organized group” some sort of military, paramilitary, or policing force. The basic white tank top seems a lot more “civilian.”

On 12/22/2019 at 10:15 AM, Koyote said:

My TNT The Dog Days of Summer campaign got put on hold, in part, because Bobby had to drop out.  Jim agreed to sub for Bobby, but I got distracted by other projects and the TNT campaign got put on hold.  

Since I won't be going to Adepticon in 2020, my urgency to paint my SAGA Moors has drained away.  I'm still putting paint on Moors, but without a deadline, I find myself easily distracted.  One such distraction has taken the form of me finishing off some Peacekeepers I started in July.   Since Jim doesn't have Peacekeeper models of his own, he'll use these.  

From left to right: Road Marshal Kane (Road Marshal), Officer Smith (Officer), Officer Wesson (K-9 Handler), and Sid (K-9)

I feel honored that you kept the names of the Road Marshal and his two Officers! The models look great! 

It wouldn't be a Peacekeepers warband without at least one Line Breaker.  And since I don't want Sid to be lonely, I'm going to add another K-9 as well.

The Line Breaker is a TNT (World's End Publishing) mini, with a female head made by Statuesque Miniatures, and some GS work to complete the gender reassignment.  The K-9 is also a TNT mini.

zHyb2h.jpg

• Like 1

I have no immediate plans for the TNT Vendo Bot model, but it's such a fun model I had to buy it.  

Kvk7nM.png

It's a bit to large for the 25mm Micro Arts Studio Highway base that I normally use for my post-apoc minis, so I ordered some 32mm Highway bases.  While I wait for the new bases to arrive, I started work on two Peacekeepr minis that showed up with my Vendo Bot as freebies (huge thanks Joey M).  The Peacekeeper models are both from TNT's (relatively) new Peacekeepers Pack 2 set.

The model on the left is wearing chap-like leg coverings like those worn by Officer Smith.  The chap's detail isn't great because of a defect in the casting, so I carved away the straps and used greenstuff to sculpt simple trousers.  I also removed the commando style sheathed knife on the model's left shoulder.  It got in the way of the head and made that part of the model too busy. Sometimes simple is better.

The model has a very dynamic, striding pose that just exudes attitude.  The head that comes with this model doesn't do the rest of the model justice, so I replaced it with a resin head from the Forgeworld Necromunda Escher Head Upgrade set.  It's difficult to make out in the photo, but she has a cigarette sticking out of the side of her mouth.  Now the mini looks like a total bad ass.  The model is armed with a scoped rifle, so she will serve as an Peacekeepr Outrider.

The second model is great as-is, so my only addition was a small plastic canteen.  

ogzCK1.jpg

Said it before and I’ll say it again: A scoped, bolt-action rifle with a detachable box magazine is just about as close to perfect as you can ask for in a post-apocalyptic rifle, if you ask me.

I really like that most of these TNT miniatures manage to keep a strong sense of Bad Ass but also have realistic weapons, clothing, and equipment.

6 hours ago, Ish said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again: A scoped, bolt-action rifle with a detachable box magazine is just about as close to perfect as you can ask for in a post-apocalyptic rifle, if you ask me.

I really like that most of these TNT miniatures manage to keep a strong sense of Bad Ass but also have realistic weapons, clothing, and equipment.

(In a caliber that is plentiful)  :)

1 hour ago, dalmer said:

(In a caliber that is plentiful)  :)

Even better if you can also find a compatible handgun, so you only have to haul around one type of ammo.  A scoped Winchester Model 1894C carbine chambered for .357 Magnum, a Colt Python on the hip, and a tiny J-Frame snubbie in an ankle holster might just be my ideal post-apocalypse "walking around" kit.

A .375 will punch through a car door or other hard (but not hardened) cover, it's got a nice flat trajectory out to middle-to-longish ranges, it's not ideal for deer (but it'll do it) but works great on rabbits or hogs, and it'll certainly do well against humans/zombies. Plus, the revolver and lever-action designs are robust as hell... and you can scrounge `em up at nearly any sporting goods store.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.