Spoilerz?

Exile

I am also excited about it. Assuming you are talking about what I think you're talking about. And even if you weren't, I would probably still be excited about it. But I am definitely excited about what I'm talking about. 

Isn't this officially being announced next week?

• Like 1

Cat helmet biker possibly (probably) inspired by Durarara!! manga/anime character:

maxresdefault.jpg     

So I believe it's rumored with this release that JSA is breaking off from Yu Jing and will be their own faction, with popular opinion placing them under the new Non-Aligned Armies banner. Assuming Vanilla Yu Jing will keep most, if not all, JSA units or CB would have to deal with Vanilla Yu Jing players stuck with models they could no longer use. The NA2 JSA faction will probably also have all or most of the old JSA units, possibly (hopefully) with new options like some of the pre-existing units in the Druze Bayram Security.

It'll be interesting to see how they explain it all fluff-wise if Vanilla Yu Jing retains their current selection of JSA troops. I know they've been posting some Yu Jing / JSA propaganda leading up to this but I haven't been following it too closely. I'm assuming NA2 JSA will either be a small force created from just the Tatenokai and Kempeitai extremist organizations or it'll represent the Japanese majority breaking off with the small remainder being JSA troops who are staying loyal to Yu Jing. Or spies. :ph34r:

Either way I'm excited to see the new army list and models!

• Like 2

Of course that could be all wrong and this is just a Yu Jing JSA Sectorial box release with fancy new models and a few new troop types to round out the current JSA Sectorial. But I'm hoping for, and from what I've read the propaganda is hinting at, a split of some kind.

After reading over the official forum thread I realized I completely missed the weapon the cat helmet rider is holding in the pic. That makes the Durarara!! inspiration even more obvious:

166?cb=20150616151516&path-prefix=protag

And I can't believe I didn't catch it but, also mentioned on the official forum thread - the Ryuken Unit-9 in the lower left corner is probably Batou, from Ghost in the Shell's Section 9. The next one over, or even the one on the far right, could be Kusanagi, but that's more of a stretch.

• Like 1

Oh wow, a new book! As much as I'm excited for JSA I'm even more excited for that. Maybe now Joel has something to be excited about too.

Those JSA models are nice and look like they'll fit in well with the current models. I was a little worried they might not. I like the Brawler as well though not what I was picturing.

Looks like it's going to be an expensive month for me!  

• Like 1

From the video posted by Beasts of War today - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PVE2xVxYBs

The Uprising book will contain Druze, JSA, and 2 new Non-Aligned Armies: Ikari Company and Starco, Free Company of the Star.

JSA, Starco, and Ikari troop types, AVA and Fireteam options can be seen in this image here - https://imgur.com/a/SMow0 posted to Reddit

Troop types with SPECIAL listed under Fireteams in the image are allowed to have mixed Fireteams with other troop types specific to each. This is nothing new but is apparently going to be a pretty big thing with these new Non-Aligned Armies according to Carlos in the video. One example given in Ikari Company is a Fireteam Core with a mix of Keisotsu, Tanko and Brawlers. Another example given that is worth noting is a Fireteam consisting of Wu Ming and Clipper REMs.

2 Outrage characters available in Starco.

One, possibly more, of the Yu Jing REMs available to JSA will be different from their Yu Jing listing as the Rui Shi available to Ikari Company notes "JSA version".

And confirmed still 4 new Sectorials coming this year (JSA counts as the first of the 5 announced).

JSA looks good but appears to have lost Asuka Kisaragi, Raiden, and Haramaki. Rumor is Asuka is now the Kuroshi Rider and that Ryuken Unit-9 and Tanko Zensenbutai are replacing Raiden and Haramaki respectively.

I'm not sure how I feel about the other two new Non-Aligned Armies. They kind of seem like a pretty random lot of troop types thrown together. Each one has a core based in a particular faction or Sectorial - Starco has a lot of Corregidor while Ikari Company has a lot of JSA. Some interesting combinations to be made, I'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1