Need help with tau loadouts

That_guy

47 minutes ago, That_guy said:

I am having troble figgering out what weapons I can use on my VX6 crisis battlesuits can someone help me.

They are required to come in at least a unit of 3 and so I think the acknowledged front runner is the Cyclic weapons with the Advanced Targetting System.  Multi-purpose and deadly forward threat.  

However the rest of the army makes this not necessarily a no-brainer.  If you have a normal amount of Anti-tank this works fine.  if you dont then i suggest Fusion Blasters on them if they are to go forward and blast up some enemy interlopers.  Depending on your Sept you can EASILY afford not to even Deep Strike them for this purpose as most enemies know they cant just stand back and shoot you and live.  You could Advance and fire Assault weapons like that into oncoming threats or DS them as the enemies list seems to indicate.  The advantage of not DS'ing is you can get into the sweet sweet juice range with the Fusion Blasters if they are oncoming into you.

If they are for close line defense, then I would suggest the Flamers.  That many flamers on overwatch?  Yes please!  It's kinda scary when you try and charge a line that's got that.  make sure you have some Drones nearby so that the Crisis Teams can't be eliminated first.  That should be no problem.

4 hours ago, That_guy said:

I am having troble figgering out what weapons I can use on my VX6 crisis battlesuits can someone help me.

Wait, are you having trouble figuring out which weapons are legal options for those suits? Or are you asking about which are the best options?

Also, do you have a regular opponent yet? A lot of new players have  a specific player they often play against, so tactical help is geared towards facing that one opponent's army.

For general research, I'm a fan of this site's tactica pages: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics(8E) with Tau found here https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Tau(8E) Website is crude, and it can be edited by anyone, but it can be helpful.

Do you have the Index/Codex yet?

Anyway, GW's thing lately is that all the options that come in the box are legal. You got the starter box, any weapon options in those assembly instructions for the Crisis suits should be legal options. Regarding assembly, a popular option for TAU players is to buy tiny magnets to allow the suit weapons to be interchangable. For now, I'd suggest building them without weapons, and then deciding later. 

Okay, so in your codex, there should be a unit entry for those Crisis Suits. They likely have access to something like "crisis suit weapons" and "support systems." Then if you look in the codex, right before the section that has the unit entries, their should be general army info which lists what those "crisis suit weapons" and "support systems" could be. Then you'd go the back of the book, there should be a table with weapon and support system options listed as well as their descriptions. Rather complex to explain in text, would be super easy to just show you in person....

And for the record, Lord Hanaur is exactly the person to ask about this. I don't own the TAU codex, but he sure does. I think his earlier responses were assuming you were less new to the game. 

7 hours ago, That_guy said:

Ya for the first answer and ok for the second one but I am having troule with what I should do for a 500 point army it also doesn't show the stimulal injector in the support systems list

Even without the codex, I can still give general support for new tau players. So, the first question, is what does the rest of the army do? You need some of everything in the list, so your crisis suits should fill a role not filled by the rest of the army. If you need anti-tank, Fusion weapons are a solid option. If you need weapons that don't rely on BS, flamers are awesome. If you need mid-range support, missile pods are great. If you just want volume fire, burst cannons are the route. 

Regarding support systems, those are more based on your opponent. If necrons are your intended opponent, I suggest either Shield Generators (because necrons often have good AP weapons) or that one that lets you shoot at units that arrive from reinforcements (since necrons do this instead of having transports). The one that improves BS against flyers is also useful, as most of their vehicles have the fly keyword, as do many of their other units. 

Stimulal injectors, historically, were part of signature systems and only availible to the bodyguard and HQ suits. Not sure if this changed in 8th.