Need a ruling for OFCC

1. If I roll a double I can take Wild Form, any spell in the lore right?

2.  Here is the interesting question, if I roll a 6 and get Transformation, and drop one of my other spells to the signature spell which is Kadon, then I essentially have a double right?  So I could then choose Wild Form could I not?  Or would I have Transformation twice?

I don't think it works like that...

1. If I roll a double I can take Wild Form, any spell in the lore right?

2.  Here is the interesting question, if I roll a 6 and get Transformation, and drop one of my other spells to the signature spell which is Kadon, then I essentially have a double right?  So I could then choose Wild Form could I not?  Or would I have Transformation twice?

Ok, I just read the rules for the Truthsayer.

You have the option to exchange ANY spell rolled for Transformation of Khadon instead of the signature spell.  You cannot exchange for both.  What does this mean?  If you are using Lore of Life, you may exchange ANY spell rolled for Transformation of Khadon.  The same applies to Lore of Beasts.  HIs special rule allows him to have access to this spell with either lore.  The only way to get both Wysann's and Transformation is to take Lore of Beasts and either roll doubles (chose number 6 as one of the doubles and then exchange another spell for the signature spell) or to roll a 6 and then exchange another spell for the signature spell.

Number #3

If you treat it as the signature spell it would have to follow the rules for signature spells.  They could never be rolled for.  This would make Transformation the sig and Wysann's the number 6, for Lore of Beasts.  If you are using Life and you made this the signature spell, you would have 7 spells because you still need to have the option for the Lore of Life signature spell and dweller's.

On page 132, for the Truthsayer it says the following 

"When selecting spell, a Truthsayer can exchange one spell for the Transformation of Kadon, instead of the usual signature spell." 

2.  You can only exchange one spell for a signature spell, but you may choose to exchange that spell for either Transformation of Kadon or Wyssans Wild form, but you can't do both.   Even though I don't agree with this interpretation, there is a strong argument for it. 

I would argue for 2 because of the "can" (emphasis mine, above).  I think it would be "can only" if Transformation was your only option.  I also think that "instead of the usual signature spell" indicates that you can still only swap one spell, since you can only swap for the signature spell once normally.

I also agree with MN that you could swap from either lore, which I think is supported by the usage of "usual signature spell" rather than just Wyssan's (i.e., if they had intended it to be just from Beasts, they needn't be so vague... but I suppose that's not GW's strong suit).

• Like 1