Tallarn Commander's Chaos (Creations of Bile vs Nids)

And another project completed...

Last week I finished up another batch of 6 DisciplesJulyDisciplesBatch2.jpg

Comms Officer Enok, he keeps the Nostroman 9th's officers in contact with their rank and fileJulyDisciplesBatch2Enok.jpg

Sergeant Zoica, she can be quite brutal with her adzeJulyDisciplesBatch2Zoica.jpg

Gaur, and his friend Gibbon the ork headJulyDisciplesBatch2Gaur.jpg

Kurx and Svar, lascannon gunnersJulyDisciplesBatch2KurxandSvar.jpg

Pater, he can also be used as a character, Marauder Chieftain, or line trooper JulyDisciplesBatch2Pater1of2.jpgJulyDisciplesBatch2Pater2of2.jpg

More to follow...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And last week I also finished up a batch of 6 "greatcoat" troopers...

They can also be used to fill various roles, Militia, Cultists, Marauders, Disciples, etcJulyGreatcoatsBatch2.jpg

Trooper AnokJulyDisciplesBatch2Anok.jpg

Cthulu, he would also be great as a Renegade Commander, Enforcer, etcJulyGreatcoatsCthulu.jpg

Master Sergeant Warptouch

JulyGreatcoatsWarptouch2of3.jpgJulyGreatcoatsWarptouch3of3.jpgJulyGreatcoatsWarptouch1of3.jpg

Trooper Bullets, he was told to put a Chaos Star on his coat. Something was lost in translation. 🙂JulyGreatcoatsBullets2of2.jpgJulyGreatcoatsBullets1of2.jpg

And my last image, Trooper HeldaneJulyGreatcoatsHeldane.jpg

You will see some, but not all, of these models at the OFCC. You will definitely see the sentinels and a decent number of the R&H infantry.

Enjoy the pics!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I'm looking forward to this weekend's OFCC. I'll be bringing a Night Lords battalion and a Renegades and Heretics battalion as part of Team Infil-traitors.

To test out my list I recently got in a test game. I lost horribly (my list is rather casual) but I had a blast. I killed 3 Eldar units and my opponent killed 17 Chaos units. 🙂

Here are some pics:

The forces of Chaos arrayed before the battleAugustvsEldar2.jpg

The tricksy elves before the battleAugustvsEldar3.jpg

The Death Bats Squad move their Reaper Autocannon into position, it would do 1 wound to a Wave Serpent before dyingAugustvsEldar6.jpg

Vox Officer Enok and Trooper October (who is my favorite R&H infantry model) move up with 5th Militia SquadAugustvsEldar10.jpg

Master Sergeant Warptouch bellows at the rank and fileAugustvsEldar8.jpg

BloodLady is shot to death by the Eldar air force, but explodes doing 11 wounds!AugustvsEldar21.jpg

2nd Squad's Champion, Lobo, hangs out with 2 troopers and the WIP Leman Russ, Khorne's IreAugustvsEldar12.jpgf

Hound of Chaos takes lascannon potshots at Wave SerpentsAugustvsEldar17.jpg

The Nostroman 9th's black market "fixer," Ghoulmoney, advances up the board with 5th Squad

AugustvsEldar18.jpg

Khorne's Ire petulantly stares down the Eldar air force before being blown to bitsAugustvsEldar27.jpg

Hound of Chaos scrums with ScorpionsAugustvsEldar25.jpg

And then is targeted by Fire DragonsAugustvsEldar30.jpg

Warpsmith Hoth and Master of Possession Bolivar whittle down a Banshee SquadAugustvsEldar24.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And I recently finished up 5 more R&H infantry and 2 traitor Leman Russes. Here are some pics:

All 5 troopersJuly Disciples Batch 4 Completed.jpg

Skara

JulyDisciplesBatch4Skara.jpg

Bale

July Disciples Batch 4 Bale Front.jpg

July Disciples Batch 4 Bale Rear.jpg

Wirewolf

July Disciples Batch 4 Wirewolf.jpg

Duqud

July Disciples Batch 4 Duqud.jpg

Oracle

July Disciples Batch 4 Oracle.jpg

2 Leman Russes, Reaver and Khorne's Ire

AugustCompletedRusses1of14.jpg

AugustCompletedRusses2of14.jpg

AugustCompletedRusses14of14.jpg

AugustCompletedRusses9of14.jpg

AugustCompletedRusses13of14.jpg

AugustCompletedRusses6of14.jpg

Now I only have to paint names on the bases of 24 troopers and then I'm ready for OFCC.

Nostroman 9th, "Hell's horde."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I had a great time at Ordo this year. My chaos army (Night Lords teamed up with Renegades and Heretics) lost 4 games and tied 1. All my opponents were very nice and all my games were very enjoyable. Here are a baker's dozen photos from the event.

Shot of the Night Lords with their Nostroman 9th mercenariesArmyPics1.jpg

Blood Angels fliers target the Chaos line1stGame4.jpg

Traitor Leman Russ Khorne's Ire lays down a base of fire1stGame5.jpg

Awe-inspiring black and red Death Company liquidates Chaos Militia1stGame6.jpg

Trooper Chillgibber and his squad fight impressive blue and purple Genestealer hybrids2ndGame6.jpg

BloodLady the Blood Slaughterer and 7th Squad assault the Genestealer Cult line2ndGame7.jpg

5th Squad charges Wraithblades3rdGame12.jpg

888 the Blood Slaughterer kills a breathtaking Wraithseer while 5th Squad mops up some Dire Avengers3rdGame13.jpg

Deffy the Defiler and BloodLady the Blood Slaughterer face off against AdMech Dragoons4thGame3.jpg

1st Militia Squad in melee with Vanguard4thGame8.jpg

888 slices up a gorgeous Admech underground vehicle thingie4thGame17.jpg

Stormtroopers slay Cultists in the trenches. This battle felt like a Gaunt's Ghosts novel.5thGame10.jpg

7th Squad's Mutant Rabble battles some beautiful Mordians 5thGame13.jpg

As always, OFCC was great fun! Thanks to all my opponents and all my team-mates on Team Infil-Traitors!

Night Lords, "The quick and the dead."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, 

I got in a very fun game against an Ork player at Meeples Games in West Seattle. This was my first time at Meeples and I loved the place. Great players and a great atmosphere.

I brought 2000 points of my Night Lords and they got trounced. But the opponent was very nice and his Ork army was gorgeous. Here are some pics:

Orks vs Night Lords before the game beginsAugustvsOrks2.jpg

Orks vs Night Lords, bottom of Turn 1AugustvsOrks7.jpg

Night Lord from the Prone Predators CSM Squad cowering before his squad is wiped out by a Boyz assaultAugustvsOrks11.jpg

A gorgeous and deadly Ork plasma jet of doooooom (that's probably not the model's official name, but it should be)AugustvsOrks3.jpg

Rhinos Dragonne and Night Masque along with Daemon Prince AzrathAugustvsOrks6.jpg

The Bats Out of Hell, a squad of 4 Chaos Bikers with 2 plasmas and a power axeAugustvsOrks5.jpg

Ork Warboss on a bike with his boyz about to charge the Ork linesAugustvsOrks14.jpg

The surviving Night Lords: Azrath, remnants of 2 CSM squads, Raptor Lord Duvalier, and 3 Bezerkers after they have wiped out a Boyz Squad on Turn 2AugustvsOrks13.jpg

Biker Sorceress ChamorroAugustvsOrks18.jpg

Raptor Lord Duvalier, I love the Claws of the Black HuntAugustvsOrks16.jpg

It's the only good Night Lords thing: when I take their warlord trait I always forget it, morale debuffs rarely hurt anyone, and I never care enough about my infantry to spend 1 CP to give them a better cover save  🙂  

In addition, I'm down to about 57 or so unpainted models. I hope to finish painting all my 40K models by the end of the year (knocks on head). Here are some pics of my remaining unpainted models.

SeptAllWIP1.jpg

SeptAllWIP2.jpg

SeptAllWIP4.jpg

SeptAllWIP5.jpg

SeptAllWIP6.jpg

SeptAllWIP7.jpg

SeptAllWIP8.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

I hope your efforts to cope with the Coronavirus are going well. I live in the Kirkland, WA, the Washington state epicenter of the virus. Morale at work (which is a Fred Meyers) is pretty low and worries are high. So to entertain myself I thought I'd update my Ordo Fanaticus Chaos blog.

It's been 6 months since my last post so it's high time I update ya'all with my Chaos exploits. 

Since last August I've finished 3 projects. The first is a batch of 16 Chaos Hounds (for Renegades and Heretics) or Flesh Hounds (for Khorne Daemons)Feb Hounds 10 of 15 all 15 of em.jpgFeb Hounds 12 of 15 Nharax.jpg

I also finished Valkia the Bloody, a Chaos Sorceress with jump pack and force sword or a Chaos Lord with jump pack and Murder SwordMarch4ValkiafromFront.jpg

Valkia is the first model in a Chaos warband of my own design, the Warpborn. None of the warband members were ever Adeptes Astartes. Instead, the were all spawned/created in the depths of the Warp using unique Chaos-developed geneseed. It will be a small Possessed-heavy warband, probably not exceeding 1,000 points. 

And I completed Annika, a Disciples Champion, Enforcer, or Renegade Commander for my Renegades and Heretics army, the Nostroman 9thMarch5Annikafront.jpg

Here is a photo of Valkia and Annika togetherMarch1ValkiaandAnnika.jpg

And I managed to get in a game back in January. I brought both my Tallarn IG and my Night Lords CSM and played a demo game with a friend, 1,000 points a side. He chose to use the Tallarns and I used the Night Lords. It was a great game. In the end he won and we both had a blast.

The board on Turn 11 The board on Turn 1.jpg

Tallarn armored sentinel moves up with infantry squad in support4 Tallarn armored sentinel moves up with infantry squad in support.jpg

Night Lords Chaos Marine squad moves into some ruins14 Chaos Marines Death Bats Squad moves into the ruins.jpg

Harry the Helbrute says hi to a Tallarn sentinel6 Harry the Helbrut fistbumps a Sentinel to death.jpg

And then Tallarn plasma gunners and lascannons say hi to Harry7 Harry says hi to Red One Squad.jpg

Tallarn Lieutenant Rushdies duels the Bezerker Gormenghast. Rushdie wins thanks to his power sword!19 Bezerker Ghormenghast duels Lieutenant Rushdie.jpg

Ninja Joe kicks an outflanking Tallarn heavy bolter team25 Chaos Marine Ninja Joe kicks a heavy bolter crewman in the head.jpg

In a hilarious turn of events, Azrath the Daemon Prince and the Leman Russ Faith & Metal kill each other in melee24 results in a draw.jpg

The Tallarn tank exploded, removing Azrath's last 2 wounds

Enjoy the pics everyone and be safe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I finished up a trio of Chaos Ogryns for my Renegades and Heretics army. I'll either use them as a squad of 3 Ogryn Brutes or as Beast Handlers for my Chaos Mauler Hounds.

Here are some photos:

April7of203ChaosOgryns.jpgApril8of20ChaosOgrynsfromRear.jpgApril11of20Kholekfromfront.jpgApril13of20KholekfromRear.jpgApril12of20Kholekfromside.jpgApril17of20Wrathfromfront.jpgApril14of20Gaurfromfront.jpgApril21of20OgrynBeastHandlers.jpg

I also found some photos of a game I played last September with my Renegades and Heretics. It was actually a close game and, while I lost, I had a great time.

The thin blue line of the Nostroman 9th faces off against Imperial Fists with KnightSeptembervsIF12.jpgSeptembervsIF5.jpgSeptembervsIF6.jpgSeptembervsIF4.jpgSeptembervsIF3.jpg

Here is a photo of Terminator Captain Bubba, apparently he was named by my opponent's brother, wading through 2nd SquadSeptembervsIF18.jpg

3rd Squad member Pater in melee against Tac MarinesSeptembervsIF21.jpg

My Malefic Lord, WarpRend, handing out smites like a boss. Meanwhile Enforcer Greenklaw is getting annoyed at getting sniped down to 2 woundsSeptembervsIF11.jpg

Mutant Rabble vs a KnightSeptembervsIF7.jpg

Summoned Plaguebearers tie up a IF walkerSeptembervsIF33.jpg

And Renegade Commander Buzzsaw cowers behind a rock. If the game had ended on Turn 5, his ability to cower on an objective would have gotten me a draw.SeptembervsIF27.jpg

Enjoy the photos!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello all,

Since I'm sequestered in my home, I got more painting done. Today I finished up 5 models: Deffy, 2 Chaos Furies, and 2 Renegades and Heretics heavy bolter troopers.

I've been working on Deffy since last February and I've been working on the other models since last summer.

Here is a shot of all 5, you can see my cat Spike's foot at the bottom leftAprilSaturdayPics11of20All5models.jpg

I'm happy to have finally finished Deffy, I'd have to say he's my favorite Chaos Marines model. I've included him in every game since I got him. Those of you who have seen my battle reports and battle summaries know that he usually gets blown away on Turn 1. But at least he soaks up a lot of firepower so that my other units can often reach the enemy. Plus, if I'm lucky he lives long enough to reach melee where he can do some glorious things. His kills include Mortarion and a knight, and he put a bit of pain onto Bobby G. but didn't kill him. I'm thinking of using my Dark Apostle Nightgaunt with the Benediction of Darkness to increase Deffy's longevity.

Here are some photos of Deffy. His top part is magnetized so it can turn around. I can also swap his reaper and his battlecannon so 1 is underslung and the other is on his side.AprilSaturdayPics1of20Deffyfront.jpgAprilSaturdayPics2of20Deffyleft.jpgAprilSaturdayPics3of20DeffyrightandSpike.jpgAprilSaturdayPics4of20Deffyrear.jpgAprilSaturdayPics5of20Deffyrightside.jpgAprilSaturdayPics6of20Deffyfrontalternateconfig.jpg

He is the 2nd model I've painted up for my Warpborn Chaos Marines. The fluff is that he is Sorceress' Valkia's pet/mascot. His hobbies include getting belly scratches from Valkia and ripping the enemy limb from limb.

I now have 6 completed Chaos marine walkers. Here are photos of all of them together. Perhaps I should design a list with all 6.AprilSaturdayPics8of20all6ChaosWalkers.jpg

Mary the Maulerfield always looks like she's waving at the camera

AprilSaturdayPics9of203of6walkers.jpgAprilSaturdayPics10of103of6walkers.jpg

Here are my 2 Furies, Jago and Volis and my R&H heavy bolter team, Bane and KevorAprilSaturdayPics12of20FuriesandHBs.jpg

Sadly whenever I set aside points to summon my Furies I usually forget them. I think I'd better include them in a separate detachment so I'm more likely to remember. Plus, that way they can benefit from Daemonic Loci.

Jago

AprilSaturdayPics13of20Jagofront.jpgAprilSaturdayPics14of20Jagorear.jpg

Volis

AprilSaturdayPics15of20Volisfromside.jpgAprilSaturdayPics16of20Volisfront.jpg

R&H Heavy Bolter Team, I'll include them as part of a Disciple or Command SquadAprilSaturdayPics17of20HBTeamfront.jpg

Kevor, the heavy bolter exemplifies the disdain for weapons maintenance that is typical among members of the Nostroman 9thAprilSaturdayPics18of20Kevor.jpg

Bane, yes, he has a heavy stubber in addition to his heavy bolter. I'm not about to tell him this is an illegal setup.AprilSaturdayPics19of20Bane.jpg

I'll just say the heavy stubber is an autogun

I tried to make the Chaos sigil on the concrete barrier look organic and hastily applied, I'm not sure if I pulled it offAprilSaturdayPics20of20HBTeamRear.jpg

Now I'm done to 22 remaining unpainted models: 10 Possessed, 4 Chaos Terminators, 2 Greater Possessed, a Slaaneshi lord, a R&H autogun trooper, 1 Pegasus "technobridge," 1 Forgeworld emplacement terrain, 1 GW set of ruins, and 1 Pegasus set of ruins. Hopefully I can finish at some point this summer. 

Enjoy the pics!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

I recently finished up Bruno, an autogun trooper for my Renegades and Heretics army.Bruno3of3.jpg

This means that my Renegades and Heretics army, the Nostroman 9th, is now "completed." Completed means I've finally, for the first time in 4 years, finished painting all my unpainted R&H models. I'm sure I'll be adding the force at some point in the future. For example, next spring I might want to add a box of Raging Heroes Jailbirds minis or some of the Blackstone Fortress traitor guard to the ranks of the 9th, possibly as Disciples.

For your entertainment, here are some photos, background fluff, and a list of all my R&H minis. Enjoy. By the way, every model in the army is converted and every infantry model has a name painted on its base. Because I'm a hobby dork. 🙂

Long ago there was a noble family, the house of Nightfall. They lived in an age of peace and stability established by their world's ruler. Their ruler was Konrad Curze, the fair and just lord of the garden planet Nostramo. And then one day, a corrupt and weak emperor sent an assassin to slay the Lord Curze. The vile assassin succeeded. The emperor then destroyed the paradise that was Nostramo. House Nightfall managed to escape. But since that day they have never forgotten. Vengeance upon the emperor will be theirs!

■ COMMANDER DNEGRAH'S NOSTROMAN 9TH MERCENARY COMPANY, A RENEGADES & HERETICS CHAOS MILITIA ARMY [2,430 POINTS]

HQ [181]
• Dneghra Nightfall, Renegade Commander, powerfist
• Buzzsaw, Renegade Commander, power fist, plasma pistol
• Vicious Pete, Renegade Commander, power axe
• WarpRend, Malefic Lord
Dnegrah Nightfall has lead the Nostroman 9th Mercenary Company for decades. She travels the verse, selling her mercenaries' skills to any non-Imperium clients with enough coin. Dnegrah's is of the House of Nightfall. The family feared Curze but respected his ability to establish order. They seek to avenge Curze's death at the hands of the Emperor. Buzzsaw is Dnegrah's lover. He won her affection through his devotion to Chaos and strict personal code of honor. Vicious Pete is the leader of a cruel band of space pirates subcontracted  by Dnegrah. WarpRend is the regiment's spiritual advisor. She calls upon the warp to commit unholy acts upon the battlefield.

ELITES [644]
• Nostramo, Enforcer, power sword
• Garok, Enforcer, power sword
• Greenklaw, Enforcer, powerfist
• Kholek's Killers, Ogryn Beast Handler, Mauler Goad and Ripper Claw, 6 Chaos Mauler Hounds
• Gaur's Gang, Ogryn Beast Handler, Mauler Goad and Ripper Claw, 5 Chaos Mauler Hounds
• Wrath's Wraiths, Ogryn Beast Handler, Mauler Goad and Ripper Claw, 5 Chaos Mauler Hounds
• Madame Voodoo's 9th Squad, 10 Marauders, 2 plasma guns , plasma pistol, power axe
• Charles' 10th Squad, 10 Marauders, 2 plasma guns, plasma pistol, power axe
• Captain Zero's 11th Squad, 10 Marauders, 2 plasma guns, plasma pistol, power axe
Vicious Pete's space pirates have been subcontracted by Dnegrah. The Marauders are wanton miscreants who excel at boarding operations. The Enforcers are "Chaos Commissars." They use fear and summary executions to ensure the Cultists' obedience. The Chaos Hounds serve as Dnegrah's personal bodyguard.

TROOPS [618]
• Champion Sevatar's 1st Squad, 20 Cultists, flamer
• Champion Lobo's 2nd Squad, 20 Militia, Chaos Sigil, voxcaster, flamer, meltagun
• Champion Kira's 3rd Squad, 20 Militia, Chaos Sigil, voxcaster, flamer, meltagun
• Champion Bullets' 4th Squad, 20 Cultists, 2 flamers
• Champion Cthulu's 5th Squad, 20 Chaos Militia, flamer
• Champion Zeva's 7th Squad, 18 Mutant Rabble with shotguns
The Chaos Militia and Mutant Rabble are a diverse lot. Some fight for coin, some for Chaos, some fight against the fascist Imperium, and some fight for the sake of fighting.

FAST ATTACK [133]
• Hound of Chaos, armored sentinel, lascannon
• Star of Chaos, armored sentinel, lascannon
• Raaaawwwrrr, Chaos Spawn
The Sentinels are the Nostroman 9th's mobile tank hunters. Through the powers of the warp the Sentinel pilots have fused with their machines. No one knows where tge Chaos Spawn came from. He showed up one day and started following the Nostroman 9th around.

HEAVY SUPPORT [854]
• Blood Debt, Earthshaker Carriage, 4 crew
• Excess, Earthshaker Carriage, 4 crew
• Hatred, Earthshaker Carriage, 4 crew
• Khorne's Ire, Leman Russ Battle Tank, Battlecannon, lascannon
• Reaver, Leman Russ Battle Tank, Battlecannon, lascannon
• 6th Squad, Heavy Weapons Squad with 8 troopers, 3 lascannons, heavy bolter
• 8th Squad, Heavy Weapons Squad with 6 troopers, lascannon, 2 missile launchers
• 12th Squad, Heavy Weapons Squad with 6 troopers, 3 missile launchers
The heavy weapons, artillery, tank crew are traitor guard who now use their weapons against their former comrades.

Shots of the whole army4Armyfromfront.jpg6armyfrontfront.jpg

All the officers and all the Sigils of Chaos bearers50finalshotofficers.jpg48chaossigilbearers.jpg

Bullets, Champion of 4th Squad, a Cultist/Chaos Militia Squad15brunoand4thsquad.jpg

3rd Squad, a Cultist/Militia Squad14thirdsquad.jpg

2nd Squad, a Cultist/Militia Squad16secondsquadcloseup.jpg

Champion Sevatar, 1st Squad, a Cultist/Militia Squad11Sevatarand1stsquad.jpg

Reaver, a Renegades and Heretics Leman Russ, I seem to have misplaced his magnetized hull HB and LC somewhere45reaver.jpg

The crew of Blood Debt, an Earthshaker Carriage35earthshakersquad.jpg

Champion Cthulu, 5th Squad, a Cultist/Militia Squad42cthuluandfifthsquad.jpg

Sentinels Star of Chaos and Hound of Chaos36sentinelpilots.jpg

Madame Voodoo, Chieftain of 9th Squad, a Marauder Squad24MadameVoodooand9thsquad.jpg

And a picture of the Nostroman 9th's greatest threat, Spike. Many members of the 9th had experienced the horrors of being batted around the apartment!51PhotobombedbySpike.jpg

Hmm, I wonder if a horde army like this would be appropriate for the OFCC.  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I recently finished up 5 Chaos Marine models: 1 World Eaters Terminator, 3 Night Lords Terminators, and 1 Greater Possessed painted in the colors of my custom warband, the Warpborn.

Here are the pictures:

The four Chaos termies, they all have magnetized arms so I can swap out weapons if need be...May19of40.jpg

A closeup of the World Eater Terminator, BloodGrin, with pair of lightning clawsMay26of40.jpg

Bloodgrin with pair of power swordsMay25of40.jpg

Sarrin, his head is magnetized so I can run his as a regular Chaos TerminatorMay13of40.jpg

Or as a Chaos Sorcerer in Terminator Armor...May24of40.jpg

Kavatar, Chaos TerminatorMay10of40.jpg

Mirac, Chaos TerminatorMay3of40.jpg

Here are all 6 Night Lords Chaos Terminators. The plan is to use NightClaws as a Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor with the Claws of the Black Hunt.May29of40.jpg

Here is a photo of all 14 of my Chaos Terminators: 6 Night Lords, 1 World Eater, and 7 Death GuardMay39of40.jpg

I also rebased a Death-Guard Chaos Sorcerer, ReskMay2of40.jpg

Jadath, Warpborn Greater PossessedMayJadathfront.jpgMayJadathleftside.jpgMayJadathrear.jpgMayJadathrightside.jpgMayJadathspikearrow.jpg

Jadath and SpikeMayJadathandSpike.jpg

Since I got into this hobby 20 years ago, I've always wanted to have all my projects completed except for my current project. The logic being that I buy 1 project, complete it, and then I'm free to buy another project. Sadly, this goal has remained a holy grail of sorts as I kept buying miniatures over the years. But for the last 5 or 6 years I've curtailed my miniatures buying, often forcing myself to finish 3 projects before I can buy a new one. Now I'm down to owning only 16 unpainted miniatures which is a bit better than the 200 or so unpainted miniatures I had a decade ago! I hope to have them all completed by the end of this summer. Then I can finally buy a new project: a squad of Night Lords Warp Talons.

Here are photos of all 16 remaining unpainted models

MaySixteenRemainingModels1.jpg

MaySixteenRemainingModels4.jpg

MaySixteenRemainingModels3.jpg

Thanks for looking at my pics! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Westrider,

Both plastic Chaos Terminators are from the plastic Sorcer/Chaos Lord kit so it's hard to say whether the new plastic termies are bigger.  🙂

Sadly, I don't own any plastic regular Chaos Terminators so I don't know whether they are larger than the old metal sculpts.

Here's an eye level view of all my termies though, the lord/sorc ones are definitely taller (although they are also on larger bases)May1of40.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Deathwing army was a mix of Terminators from the Assault on Black Reach and Dark Vengeance starter sets, the 8th Edition Deathwing kit, and one or two pewter termies from way back in Second Edition... There was definitely some scale creep over that span. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

After 4 months, I finally managed to finish another 6 models last week.

I completed a batch of 5 Possessed Chaos Marines and a character who can be used as a Chaos Lord, Master of Possession, etc. They are all members of my Warpborn Chaos warband.

With the completion of these models, I've finished painting all my unpainted Chaos models. And I only have 4 items left to paint until all my models are painted. Yay!

Here are some photos:

Iart, Baruk, Tal Arthul, Bara, Layak, and Talos (yes, I'm reading Aaron Dempsky-Bowden's excellent Night Lords trilogy)Sept All 5 from Front.jpg

Bara

Sept Bara Left.jpg

Baruk

Sept Baruk Rear.jpg

Talos, her/his (it's Slaaneshi after all) back is magnetized in case I want to add a jumppack and the hand holding the hammer is magnetized

Talos Front.jpg

It is Talos who liberated the Warpborn from their Dark Mechanicus creators within the warp! All praise Talos!

Tal Arthul

Sept Tal Arthul Right.jpg

And since I've finally finshed up all my CSM (I hope to buy and paint up some Warp Talons early next year) I thought I'd set up all my little dudes and dudettes...

All My CSM from Front.jpg

Talos' Warpborn on the left, then Evita's Deathguard, Azrath's World Eaters (who some of you saw at OFCC in 2018), and Duvalier's Night Lords

And my favorite CSM model of all, Ninja Joe

NL Ninja Joe.jpg

Enjoy the pics!

Warpborn, "I feel the warp overtaking me!"

Death Guard, "Something is rotten in Denmark."

World Eaters, "Kill! Maim! Burn!"

Night Lords, "The quick and the dead."

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Tallarn Commander changed the title to Tallarn Commander's Chaos (Chaos Possessed Completed/All My CSM)
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I've started working on my last five models. They are all terrain pieces that I will paint up in a desert style.

Forgeworld EmplacementNovember FW Emplacement.jpg

Pegasus TechbridgeNovember Pegasus Techbridge.jpg

Necromunda TowerNovember Necromunda Tower.jpg

Ruins made from various and sundry, including GW RuinsRussesWIPTerrain8.jpgRussesWIPTerrain7.jpgRussesWIPTerrain1.jpg

Two traitor Leman Russes with Chaos Militia infantry support stand guard on Pharos VII's northern hive. The units in this pict are thought to be members of the Nostroman 9th Renegades and Heretics mercenary company. 

More ruins made from various and sundry, including Pegasus ruinsRussesWIPTerrain4.jpgRussesWIPTerrain6.jpg

Two loyalist Leman Russes with Tallarn infantry support, also operating on Pharos VII's northern hive. These tanks were detached from the Cadian 1223rd Armored Company to the Tallarn 23rd Infantry Regiment. As such, they have been painted in customary Tallarn desert schemes. A scheme which blended in well with Pharos VII's northern deserts.

To give you all a sense of what the terrain will look like when completed, here are a couple of completed desert-colored terrain piecesNovember 2 IG Desert Terrain Pieces.jpg

I plan to try some new techniques with these 5 pieces though: oil washes, salt and hairspray weathering, lighting using LEDs, and a few small printed propaganda posters.

And, for a final image, autumn is in full swing up here in Kirkland, WA. Here is a view from my painting table from a couple of weeks ago.November View from Painting Desk.jpg

I hope to finish these 5 models by the end of the year. Which will mean all my models are painted! I'm not sure what my next project will be, possibly Warp Talons. I've always wanted a squad. Evil Edward Scissorhands jumppack infantry ripping holes into realspace with their claws seem so Night Lordsy (except for the part about them being part daemon). 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Tallarn Commander changed the title to Tallarn Commander's Chaos (Terrain WIP Photos)
  • 5 months later...

Hello all,

Now that the Covid quarantine restrictions are mellowing and most folks I know have their vaccine shots, the 40k community is returning to the King County area in Washington. I recently got my 2 first games of 9th edition. I really enjoyed both games. I really like this edition, the mechanics seem quite smooth.

I managed to win both games. Which is odd because I only won 6 games last edition and I lost 28 games last edition. I suspect that my melee-heavy and troops-heavy Chaos armies might do better this edition, what with the smaller board sizes and the fact that opponents cannot camp at the back with gunlines as effectively.

Here are a half dozen photos from the 2 games. In one game it was my Night Lords against Necrons and in the other game it was my World Eaters against Death Guard.

A smaller pic of a really nasty Necron unit bashing in my Night Lords Chaos Lord, Duvalier Nightfall

Aprilduvalieragainstsilentkingjpeg.jpg

Luckily the Raptors would get away. And thanks to the Night Lords "Hit and Run" stratagem they were able to charge the warriors again after leaping out of combat.

Night Lords First Claw Chaos Marine Squad dukes it out with Scarabs on an objectiveAprilfirstclawonobjectivejpeg.jpg

I've always liked taking troops-heavy lists, not that CSM do much, and this edition seems to really reward this approach.

World Eaters Bezerker Bear Claw says hi to a Flail of CorruptionREVMayBearclawvsFlailofCorruption.JPEG

Dave the Dreadnought, er World Eaters Chaos Helbrute, manages to take out a Lord of Contagion (I was lucky)REVMayDaveSwatsatLordofContagion.JPEG

World Eaters Chaos Marine Ghoulghast gets crumped by a Plague MarineREVMayGhoulGhastCloseup.JPEG

Fun fact kids, don't charge Plague Marines with Chaos Marines. What was I thinking?

World Eaters Chaos Lord Constantine is tarpitted by Pox WalkersREVMayPoxwalkersTarpitConstantineonTurn4.JPEG

He was equipped with Angron's old relic the Gorefather. Suffice it to say this was not the most glorious use of Gorefather.

Enjoy the pics!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I got in a game this weekend using my Renegades and Heretics Chaos Militia force. It was a fun 1,000 point game against a great AdMech opponent. We played at Wizard's Keep Games in Renton, WA. Wizard's Keep is hosting a 1,000 point 40K League. If any of your are interested, the league just started up.

While the forces of the Renegades and Heretics lost, the game was awesome! Here are some photos.

The Chaos Miltia forces, the Nostroman 9th, before battlebeforebattle01Nostromansbeforebattlefromfront.JPEG

The Admech forces before battlebeforebattle06horsiesandtanks.JPEG

Mauler Hound Ashkal and Chaos Militia Trooper Grok, 4th Squad, move up on the Chaos left flankturn1-photo3-ashkalandgrok.JPEG

Hound of Chaos, a Chaos Renegades and Heretics sentinel, tarpits an enemy cavalry unitturn1-photo7-houndofchaos.JPEG

Renegades and Heretics clash with Admechturn2-photo5-myleftflankclosesintwo.JPEG

Chaos Ogryn Gaur and his Renegade and Heretics Mauler Hounds eye the enemy before a chargeturn2-photo8-myleftflankclosesinfive.JPEG

Admech cavalry charge a Chaos Renegades and Heretics Mutant Rabble Squad. Those horsies are beautifully painted!

turn2-photo23-cavcharge7thsquad.JPEG

Mutant vs horsie

turn2-photo29-excessesclawshathorsie.JPEG

Infiltrators chop away at 5th Squad, a Renegades and Heretics Chaos Militia Squadturn2-photo24-skirmishersgoafter5thsquad.JPEG

Skitarii in melee with a Renegades and Heretics Leman Russturn2-photo27-reavervsskitarii.JPEG

Champion Annika (from Victoria Miniatures) and her squad hold an objectiveturn4-photo6-fourthsquadhangsoutonobjective.JPEG

Kholek buzzsaws an Admech tankturn4-photo8-kholekbuzzsawstank.JPEG

Renegades and Heretics Malefic Lord WarpRend, in miniature Daemon Prince mode, finishes off an Admech tankturn4-photo1-warprendfinishesofftank.JPEG

Chaos Ogryn Gaur and Mauler Hound Nharax hold an objectiveturn4-photo5-gaurandnharaxhangoutonobjective.JPEG

Enjoy the pictures!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1